test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

DavidEU

10. Eden Hazard

Started by DavidEU,

Hazard is a better dribbler than Messi, not a better playmaker though. Doesn't have Messi's vision. Don't need stats to show that, just watch both play and tell me whether you think Hazard can execute half of the passes Messi does. 

Messi is very underrated as a creator tbh. 

Peace. and kellzfresh like this

I am actually sad he is made to play with retards. He made fantastic passes to all of the players forward and they failed to cross or score. How? He needs someone with him. I am surprised and so happy he doesn't throw a tantrum about it.

I'd say Hazard is behind Messi when it comes to dribbling but on par with Neymar even though they have different styles of dribbling.

Chelsea? likes this

7 hours ago, Mufassir08 said:

I'd say Hazard is behind Messi when it comes to dribbling but on par with Neymar even though they have different styles of dribbling.

I only put Hazard ahead because Messi doesn't seem to be as explosive with his dribbling anymore, but tbh you could argue he's still better. Nevertheless, those three are the top 3 dribblers on the planet right now. 

Mufassir08 and Johnnyeye like this

Ballack on Hazard...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/04/04/michael-ballack-dont-think-eden-hazard-has-right-attitude-cope/

“Eden had not a good season last year and sometimes you don’t really know what happens to players, but it seems to me that he’s a bit of an emotional player who needs support and needs to feel really comfortable with the coach and the team and in his private life as well, so that he can perform,” said Ballack.

“I’m pretty sure if he moved to Real Madrid, he would have to fight for that standing again and it would take time because he’s a bit of an introvert. He’s not a player who talks a lot and Real Madrid, if you see the players they have, it would be a different situation for him.

“At Chelsea he knows what he has, he’s the top player at the club, he lives in a fantastic city. To give that up, he has to decide if he wants that. I think he’s the key player at Chelsea for the next one or two years. He has to decide if he wants to give that up for Real Madrid or if he wants to be successful with Chelsea and go into the Champions League, on another level, and help them back to where they were in Europe.

“It’s up to him. But he has this picture, he has this view. It’s difficult. They are talking about a lot of money. That’s surely also a reason for a player or a club. But if you speak about football facts, I think he’s in a position where he fights for a long time and he will not have the standing he has now at Chelsea at many clubs in Europe, so he has to fight for that and that takes a few years again.”

Barbara, Johnnyeye and Mufassir08 like this

So what's up whit Ballack? He retired a few years ago and I didn't hear anything about him, but recently, he seems to attend every Chelsea game, talks about Chelsea every week, appears on Tv, giver interview to chelseafc.com.. Is he working for Chelsea now or what?

1 hour ago, nyikolajevics said:

So what's up whit Ballack? He retired a few years ago and I didn't hear anything about him, but recently, he seems to attend every Chelsea game, talks about Chelsea every week, appears on Tv, giver interview to chelseafc.com.. Is he working for Chelsea now or what?

Not sure, but I think he started to work with german tv and ESPN coverage of euros and WC.

We've seen him play better but that was one of the most clutch Eden performances here. Delighted. We need to get better forwards for him, he's playing with a massive handicap with Costa atm. Still dragging us through.

2 minutes ago, DYC. said:

POTY.

Even before this game he was. Crazy the media hype for Kante, some even saying he's the best player in the league when he's not near that. Kante is excellent but he has flaws. Hazard is Hazard. 

Just now, MrExcalibur100 said:

Even before this game he was. Crazy the media hype for Kante, some even saying he's the best player in the league when he's not near that. Kante is excellent but he has flaws. Hazard is Hazard. 

He's always been my POTY. I find Kanté overrated but saying that is just asking for trouble.

The amount of times Hazard has been the standout player on the pitch, whether he scored/assisted or not, is staggering. For me anway.

The Skipper, Belgiannutt and Stats like this

Reminds me so much of 2015 when he was carrying to the title from new year on. No coincidence that he was POTY back then. He will win this award this year too.

On 4/3/2017 at 1:23 PM, The Skipper said:

I only put Hazard ahead because Messi doesn't seem to be as explosive with his dribbling anymore, but tbh you could argue he's still better. Nevertheless, those three are the top 3 dribblers on the planet right now. 

They are probably similar at dribbling alone: like you said hazard is more explosive, but Messi has tighter ball control which helps in tight spaces, which in turn helps more in the CL.

Messi is way ahead concerning vision and also ahead concerning goals and tight control of the football, hence his advantage in the CL stage. IMO Ronaldo does not come close to messi in terms of tight control and working in tight spaces as he needs some space to work (hazard does too to a lesser degree). Ronaldo has power though, which makes him an aerial thread in certain conditions; in tight games he's more of an aerial threat than anything else. Personally, I'd not exchange Hazard for Ronaldo.

3 hours ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

Kante himself thinks Hazard has been the difference maker....Its not just him in the team either, Pedro has also made the same comment.

Players are those who usually make more rational judgments in this regard.

I would say Kante has been an excellent supporting act. Probably the best in the business. 

Hazard is defo the POTY for me, regardless of whether Kante wins it. I think a lot of the media understandably are amazed by Kante's rise and link to helping two PL teams win the PL but Hazard has been the key player in winning games. The amount of games where he has produced MOTM performances, let me name. City, Home and Away, Arsenal at home, United at home, Bournemouth at home, Swansea at home, Leicester at home, West Ham home and away, Everton at home, Southampton away, Burnley at home. No exaggeration to say he had at least 9/10 or 10/10 performances those games. Kante been brilliant but don't think he has been standout over some of our other players such as Hazard, Costa (although he has been poor recently) and even Luiz as a whole for the season.

Mufassir08 and communicate like this