Eden Hazard

the wes

All this tells me is you and the British media overrate hazard vastly. He's done nothing to justify £60/70m price tag. that's the sort you pay for genuine match winners ala Suarez, Zlatan et al. dribbling past players with ease is not enough. impact, consistency and character are equally important.

ok then, what's your number? how many goals, assists, trophy do you expect of him this season to make it in to that list of yours? ... just lay it out here for every one to see and let's put the issue to bed until the end of the season.

50m.....

Best dribblers in the world, but besides that i wouldnt say anything more.

Let me rephrase that. If Hazard signs a contract extension, do you really think a very financially stable team such as ourselves would sell Hazard for only £50m?

Let me rephrase that. If Hazard signs a contract extension, do you really think a very financially stable team such as ourselves would sell Hazard for only £50m?

Chelsea wouldnt sell hazard to begin with since it doesnt need money.

However, Hazard could push for the move....

If so, than I agree, he could go for crazy money as did Bale, cr7, james, etc....

Also, I dont think hazard really has real madrid dna..

I know people here think chelsea and real madrid have the same allure, but anyone can tell you that is far from the truth...

Madrid is basically the sign that you made it big in the football world..

You are the rockstars of football and everyone will know you.

Madrid is more than just football and I dont think hazard really fits madrid tbh....

I still see him going to Real at some point. Continental players play with themselves at the very mention of Real Madrid, not to mention when Zinedine Zidane starts publicly stating his admiration for them they become like 18 year old girls around a Hollister model in a nightclub

It has nothing to do with the British media, I like yourself see have seen Hazard play enough over the last few years to say that he's worth £60/70m in today's market where the likes of Cavani, Di Maria, Luiz and James are going for massive money. How much is Hazard worth in your opinion then?

Firstly everyone knows Luiz and James were massively overpriced and that was no where near their true valuation. secondly Cavani was sold off the back of 3 truly world class season where he averaged over 22 goals per season and strikers traditionally cost more than other outfield players anyway so the cavani fee was more reasonable

Di maria joined Utd after a Ballon dor level season (that's how good he was last season) and if Ronaldo and Messi weren't in the equation, we are talking about a genuine Ballon dor contender right there alongide Suarez and Zlatan. coupled with the fact that United were desperate to revive their season and also appease the fans with marque signings.

All things considered we could get £60/70m for Hazard (you are right in that sense and with how crazy the modern market has become ) but that wouldn't be an accurate reflection of his true value which is the point I was trying to make anyway.

It has nothing to do with the British media, I like yourself see have seen Hazard play enough over the last few years to say that he's worth £60/70m in today's market where the likes of Cavani, Di Maria, Luiz and James are going for massive money. How much is Hazard worth in your opinion then?

A player's worth doesn't even exist. We, the people who watch football, do not decide how much a player is worth to the interested club. So many factors are at play when deciding how much they're willing to spend on a player.

Zidane was not worth 75 - 80 mil euros back in 2001, Drogba was 'not worth' 24 mil pounds, incredible amount of money back then, and CR was not worth 80 mil pounds back in 2009 (again, a figure that was more significant at the time, even though it's still crazy in today's market.

One thing's for sure, Chelsea bought Hazard for 32 mil pounds and his stock has skyrocketed since then.

who cares what his true value in the market is... what matters most is how much Chelsea FC wants for him and how much the other party is prepared to pay at that moment in time. Such is the condition of most trades between European elites wherein the seller is never in need of the money.

Wha? Have I missed something?

Has Hazard said he wants to leave?

Has Mourinho or the club said they want to sell him?

Have Real even said that they want him?

If no to all then it's a non-story that doesn't even deserve discussion. Hazard is a blue and I hope it always stays that way.

Wha? Have I missed something?

Has Hazard said he wants to leave?

Has Mourinho or the club said they want to sell him?

Have Real even said that they want him?

If no to all then it's a non-story that doesn't even deserve discussion. Hazard is a blue and I hope it always stays that way.

no

no

no

its all speculation, no worries he spend his prime years here at the bridge ?

Real Madrid could be a destination due to his reverence of Zidane. However I think a lot of you are selling Chelsea's role as "Superclub" a bit short. While Chelsea doesn't have the history of a Real Madrid Bayern etc it is developing it's own legendary history.

I think few are taking into the chance to be the legend at a top club versus being a legend at a club with so many legends that it's easy to get lost in the shuffle even as a top tier player.

Doesn't mean that Real isn't alluring but I think people are viewing Chelsea like Arsenal or Liverpool rather than in the eschelon with Bayern Real Madrid Barcelona United.

It may well be that Eden continues to star at Chelsea wins some PL titles maybe a CL or two and wins a ballon d'Or and sows his legacy as the greatest Chelsea player ever.

It still amazes how people who see him play on a week in week out basis and still vastly underrate him.

Right now he's one of the top 5 players in the world using all available statistical metrics, but since too many people are wrapped up in goals and assists they fail to see how vast his impact is on the game.

He's the Belgian version of Iniesta who essentially creates massive amounts of space and mismatches for his teammates to exploit he also iniates a large majority of attacks which don't always result in a goal or an assist but many of those goals and assists would occur if Eden isn't draw 2-4 men in close proximity each time he touches the ball.

Anyone notice Hazard's improved running and movement off the ball? He's been a much bigger presence in the box lately and is making some very good runs behind defence. But he's hardly been on the end of through balls. Should improve as the chemistery grows between the players. His positioning between the lines is improving as well.

Great signs.

Anyone notice Hazard's improved running and movement off the ball? He's been a much bigger presence in the box lately and is making some very good runs behind defence. But he's hardly been on the end of through balls. Should improve as the chemistery grows between the players. His positioning between the lines is improving as well.

Great signs.

Yeah it's improving. He still has a long way to go though. It's still one of the weakest parts in his game - saying that, before Costa and Fabregas came out link up play was generally too poor in the final third for Hazard to even concentrate on this. Now we've got both however he should definitely improve on it as it'll actually be utilised. We need runners off the ball.

Hazard's finishing is woeful, which cannot be but a mental issue. With his technical ability, he can do anything with the ball. It's like he's afraid to really take a committed shot.

Poor bastard. A vicious circle is opening up for him.