Eden Hazard

the wes

He was a class or two above Di Maria today. Hopefully that puts to bed that silly debate for now.

Come on Excalibur. I think you are an excellent poster but that viewpoint is a silly one with all respect. I wouldn't swap Hazard in the world for anyone and would not say Di Maria is better but you can't compare one game where they played against each other to say one is better than the other. For instance, Suarez had 2 average/poor games against us last season. If Ba scored in 2 of them, would I ever think Ba is a better striker? Of course not because Suarez is a better striker. Using games against each other is a poor way to compare who is better. Especially when one team is much inferior than the other. Ronaldo has got the better of Messi in recent El Classico's but that will never change my personal opinion that Messi is the better player.

Its like some here can't handle a great player in our team so much that their apprehension drives them to the point of foreseeing (wishing?) him at Real Madrid. Hazard is a great, great player. He's ours and Chelsea deserves to have him. Mr. Abrhamovic and the club has done enough the past decade to have a Balon d'or player in the squad. Fuck RM and Barca. He's still very young and can/will improve before our eyes. Just fucking enjoy his play in a Chelsea shirt.

PS: Di Maria :rolleyes: pfft!

‘He had initiative. He’s showing that in big matches – to take responsibility, to get the ball and try to create. He did it in the first half and he did it in the second. I am so happy with the kid. He’s another one who, believe me, is improving.’

(Mourinho after Man United game on Hazard.)

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2014/10/final-whistle-verdict.html

What a player, he definitely was missing Costa/Remy to link up with or make runs, I love Drog and he did his best but he has no pace at all and at times was no where to be seen when we countered.

I have to say though, so far this season he's stepped up in most if not all the big games, i love that he's more direct now, no more dribbling with the ball at walking pace.

Are people still mentioning his miss yesterday? He should have finished it but the king scored mere seconds later, it mattered little in all honesty. If he'd taken a extra touch he would have scored but that was clever play by De Gea (raising his left hand) to try and put him off.

He's been by far our best player in the big games this season and our only real threat against City, Arsenal and United. Even Neville who's constantly critiqued his performances in these sort of matches acknowledged that yesterday. He's playing at an extremely high level this season and looks much hungrier, the goals will eventually follow.

He usually takes a little while into the season for him to start scoring anyway. In his last season at Lille he scored just 4 goals in the first 15 games and 16 in his last 23. Last season he only started to get going around November before that injury ended his and our season.

He's going to explode goals wise fairly soon. Trust me.

‘He had initiative. He’s showing that in big matches – to take responsibility, to get the ball and try to create. He did it in the first half and he did it in the second. I am so happy with the kid. He’s another one who, believe me, is improving.’

Jose knows too.

He should be playing more central for me and further up the pitch. Apart from that, he should spend the whole week working on finishing, because he has everything else. He is now getting into goalscoring positions reguarly, he just needs to be more selfish and score.

I just wish he would've scored that chance. My only (main) problem with Eden is how he doesn't always kill the game.

The problem with Hazard's finishing is that he tends to go for low and sometimes not very powerful shots. Not that they are bad but if you do that, then you're running the risk of making it somewhat easy for goalkeepers to save those shots and even easier if they have been studying Hazard's style in taking shots. Hazard seems to like going more for placement as opposed to power shots. He has scored 34 goals in all competitions since joining us and 24 of those (including the penalties) have been low shots.

Anyone else thinks it's no coincedence that we take a goal for the second league match in a row just moments after Hazard's been replaced? Because I don't ...

No better player to hold up play in the dying minutes of a match where you need to hold on to a lead ... Really don't understand why you'd take him off.

Neither do I get why you'd want to replace a midfielder by an extra defender (Willian > Zouma). That's basically saying: "Here you go United, please take the ball and try to score. We'll just lie in front of our goal and keep our fingers crossed ..."

So I'm blaming these two points we lose on Mourinho, sorry in advance to all the José-lovers out there.

As soon as Hazard went off I literally said "what's the fucking point"? For someone as fast and quick on the counter as Hazard, we should have kept him on and took of Fabregas instead. When United are going all out for the goal we should have kept him and Willian on. I never understood it.