test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

DavidEU

10. Eden Hazard

Started by DavidEU,

10 hours ago, Chelsea? said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but I feel Chelsea need to make a bigger deal out of Hazard. As in drive the narrative that he's the best player in the best league. Maybe that's on his sponsor but I feel like he's under rated by the general public. 

He wouldn't need that if he was consistent. That's the only thing letting him down.

Unionjack and Tautvix like this

10 hours ago, Chelsea? said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but I feel Chelsea need to make a bigger deal out of Hazard. As in drive the narrative that he's the best player in the best league. Maybe that's on his sponsor but I feel like he's under rated by the general public. 

Why do we need that? Would rather him do his talking with the performances on the pitch rather than, as manpe alluded to, do the silly things that Pogba is doing off the pitch right now.

2 hours ago, Jason said:

Why do we need that? Would rather him do his talking with the performances on the pitch rather than, as manpe alluded to, do the silly things that Pogba is doing off the pitch right now.

I agree, I can see only one plus that would come with it - higher price tag because of a more marketable brand.

On 4-1-2017 at 11:29 PM, Jason said:

Forget goals. Is Hazard ever going to put in great, consistent performances?

On 7-1-2017 at 10:03 AM, Jason said:

In my defence, I don't think it's overreaction. Just a case of dissatisfied with our better/best player not stepping up in the big games (that's not to say he hasn't done that previously) and Spurs away was a big one. It's also annoying to see Hazard not performing consistently, when we know he can and he's reached the age where he should be doing so. As mentioned, he can be absolutely brilliant in one game and then go completely quiet the next and to say he's been playing very well since September might be stretching it. We may have won 13 of our last 14 league games but there were games where he was brilliant and quiet during that run.

On 18-1-2017 at 8:37 AM, Polo7 said:

He wouldn't need that if he was consistent. That's the only thing letting him down.

I really disagree with the notion that Hazard isn't a consistent player. It's perfectly normal for a player to have "quiet" games in a season. They are human you know. 

There's not a single player in the world that measures up to the ridiculous definition of consistency some on here have.

Even Messi and Ronaldo have quiet games the difference is that they're tremendous goalscorers playing for teams that are so dominant they don't even need them to perform well to dominate the opposition.

DYC. likes this

In terms of goals, not many non-strikers are as consistent as him really. Not this season specifically but in the past 3 or so, the only other great 'wingers' (I'll also include players in the hole behind the striker in this) who've consistently contributed to goals to the same degree, have been Ribery, De Bruyne & Sanchez. No others in all the top 5 leagues, until we bring in Messi & whichever of Suarez/Neymar is playing on the side more. This past season, we can't say this for Ribery IMO, meaning Hazard slips in and forms part of the 5-best forwards-not-strikers around.

Compare Hazard now to C. Ronaldo now and discover that we have the better player. Let's count our blessings, I think that's a good benchmark.

He i almost never poor. But when he is on brilliant form, it sets the bar. Then he has an ok game, but since he is not brilliant, people complain.

If Willian was performing to what Eden does on average, he would be considered outstanding here.

Yet the expectations for Eden are unbelievably high and thats why after every ok game, we hear he had shit game. 

Looking at the course of this and past seasons, only Diego and Eden perform in attack on regular basis.

Those who think either of two should be cashed in, should think again. We will have damn hard time to find replacements even if we can spend 200m on just two new players. 

Its like we had to replace Lamps and Drogba back then. No chance we would get better players than those two.

9 minutes ago, Leif said:

In terms of goals, not many non-strikers are as consistent as him really. Not this season specifically but in the past 3 or so, the only other great 'wingers' (I'll also include players in the hole behind the striker in this) who've consistently contributed to goals to the same degree, have been Ribery, De Bruyne & Sanchez. No others in all the top 5 leagues, until we bring in Messi & whichever of Suarez/Neymar is playing on the side more. This past season, we can't say this for Ribery IMO, meaning Hazard slips in and forms part of the 5-best forwards-not-strikers around.

Compare Hazard now to C. Ronaldo now and discover that we have the better player. Let's count our blessings, I think that's a good benchmark.

I think you meant Robben, not Ribery. And I would throw Muller in the mix

We all know Eden is a fantastic player when hes on. But you must agree that theres been 3 or 4 games this last couple of months when hes been missing.

Now whether thats been because hes been marked out, or the oppositions kept our CMs from getting the ball to him or its down to the mood hes in.

When he comes out on the pitch doing his boogie and hes up for the craic then hes on fire. But watch him. Theres games he comes out and theres nothing in his eyes. Like hes gone to the office.

But theres aloit of times that we just dont feed our top 3 enough. We have a big lack of creativity behind them that just cant get the balls to them. And IMHO we need to change that bit.

BoyBlue96 likes this

I don't think he has improved at all since joining us.... I'm still baffled how someone with so much talent can't consistently put up a good performance.

Supermonkey92 likes this

I like how he dropped deep to look for the game. In many cases I feel he would disappear in matches, but it seemed he made an effort for that not to happen in the first half today.

In the second half he showed he couldnt handle dropping that deep though for too long. Too physical for him. If Conte insists on playing both Kante and Matic against smaller sides like hull, I think it would be a good idea to start Fabregas along with Pedro and Costa instead of Hazard. Would allow him to come off the bench to run at a tired defense, and would allow Fabregas to start with his passes to break down the opposition.

I think something is wrong in his approach to the games lately. Either is that Contes' plan doesn't work for him anymore, or I don't know. He is same Hazard from beginning of that 13 games win haul, same quality, but something is not ticking right. Maybe him being our only creative spark on whole field took it's tool and he cannot be that dangerous in front of goal like before.

I miss those 3-4 shots per game stats from beginning of 13-games haul, when he was beast like that I think we played the best football.

On 20/01/2017 at 0:08 PM, Belgiannutt said:

I really disagree with the notion that Hazard isn't a consistent player. It's perfectly normal for a player to have "quiet" games in a season. They are human you know. 

There's not a single player in the world that measures up to the ridiculous definition of consistency some on here have.

Even Messi and Ronaldo have quiet games the difference is that they're tremendous goalscorers playing for teams that are so dominant they don't even need them to perform well to dominate the opposition.

:clap:

No so why do we want to gang up on the guy. We should be greatful we have him even when he is not in form cause he is still better than pple who are in their peak

Sent from my SHV-E250K using Tapatalk

the wes likes this

He was okay against hull. Good in the first half and out-muscled in the 2nd half. He hasn’t had a great performance for 4 straight matches now but we've coped well.

But without hazard on peak performance we will stand no chance against liverpool and their high intensity style. If hazard has a great performance like against mancity or Everton, we will win.

But Conte should start using 3-5-2 against big teams and let hazard be upfront pressing with costa. Because even smaller teams like Hull are targeting that space Hazard leaves between Matic and Alonso and maguire managed to get some good chances to score by attacking when Hazard doesn't cover back like Pedro.  

Liverpool will attack that space again and if hazard isn't compensating his lower workrate (than Pedro/willian) by scoring in attack, we may not win against liverpool :(

15 minutes ago, Atholy said:
  • His only creative link-up options are Costa & Pedro (Fabregas if he's playing) => this is our main problem!!!! 

IMO yesterday was a difficult game because Hull was parking the bus... But more over because almost every creative spark depends on Eden (or Costa)!!  The rest of the team is just passing around and looking for them. The bottle neck in Build up yesterday for me was Alonso. A lot of fluent attacks ended with him getting stuck. Also his crosses never reached target in the 1st half. You could blame the other for not being in the 16 yard box.

Yes. agree mate. We very much lack any creativity either in CM or CB which are where our breaks are starting.  The only one that can do anything with the ball centraly is Cescy who is a magician. But because hes not as fast as we need him to be or defensive as we would like him to be he gets left on the bench. But if he gets the time and space he needs he could feed all the front line.

Luiz is our best ball player in defence. Maybe if we utilize him more as a deep pocket playmaker as well, let the CDMs guard him with the 2 CBs he could do 2 jobs. He was always good as a midfielder and now his heads on proper he might just be better.

But either way we do need to be looking for more creative players for the bus park.

Alonso did a great job ast week tho. He got the crosses in fine. Yesterday there was nobody there to meet them alot of the times.                                                  

Atholy likes this

Disappointed with his mood and attitude in recent games..He was poor defensively against Hull and left his area open for Hull to attack..In attack he was below average and lost possession so many times which is normally unusual for a player like him ...What i did not like about him is lack of pressing from him and playing with lacklustre attitude..It was no surprise for me to see him get substituted by conte..if he plays like this against Liverpool and Arsenal we will get battered.. I want him to go to the next level but he always seems to lack killer instinct to get to that potential