Eden Hazard

the wes

If you can say you see improvements in the football and results now compared to the first 6 months of Wilmots, then it's fine. But if the team hasn't really improved and is just playing at the same level since he took charge, then there may need to be some changes.

His first months were 26 out of 30 in a wc qualifying group with Croatia, Serbia & Scotland ... difficult to do much better than that.

In terms of football, I know we had a bit of dissapointing world cup. We were expecting to show the world how great we were and just crush all oponents, but instead we had really tight matches every time. Still we managed to reach the QF stage and losing 1-0 to Argentina is never a shame, certainly not for Belgium. So in spite of the mediocre football, Wilmots still got the result we expected.With Lukaku bang out of form, Hazard tired as hell, and most other players looking shaky and nervous, that was about the best we could expect.

Everybody agreed however that there was massive improvement against Andorra, okay it's pretty much a non-existent opponent, but for the first time we actually dominated throughout & created chance after chance and scoring goals easily.

We started off well against Bosnia, but didn't manage to score from 4 clear cut chances in the opening fifteen matches. Playing away against a team like Bosnia you just know things are going to get tough then. To go 1-0 behind and in the end obtain the 1-1 draw is still pretty good then. If we would've scored one or two in the opening fifteen, we would've had another easy win and everybody would've applauded Wilmots. Now it doesn't really turn out exactly how we wanted it, and everybody just turns their back against Wilmost?

You know what the Royal Antwerp supporters would sing right: "Belgium, your support is shit!"

My word, the amount of people here that just follow your rant and click "like" without even thinking. I mean, I'm not a fan of Wilmots either, but how on earth can you claim that he is "clearly not capable" of being Belgium's head coach when:

1. He got Belgium into the World Cup for the first time since 2002.

2. We reached the QF of that World Cup for only the second time in our history.

3. He achieved a historical 26 out of 30 (8 wins 2 draws) in the WC qualifiers. Not a single loss.

4. He brought Belgium to the 4th (!!) position in the FIFA rakning, which is just absurd for a small ass country like Belgium.

5. He started off with a decent 4 out of 6 in the EC qualifiers. Yes, drawing away against Bosnia is a NORMAL result.

6. He has only lost 1 (one!!!) competitive match with Belgium so far, QF World Cup against Argentina.

I'll tell you now, not many coaches can show you results like that!

I understand that you have personal problems with Wilmost, but really to claim he's uncapable of the job with that kind of merit, is just insanely stupid. Insanely!

Or is all of your frustration built on the away draw against Bosnia? You really thought we'd crush them Andorra style? Grow up! Belgium has a decent national team, but we're not exactly the NBA Dream Team if you know what I mean.

This Belgium squad is incredibly talented. Arguably the golden generation for them. Do you really want a coach who's proving himself to coach them? Or a proven world class coach? He's gotten them this far, but it seems this is about as far as he can go. At some point they are going to have to decide if he has the tools and tactical knowledge to get them further.

I, along with everyone one else on here, have seen Wilmots make countless stupid lineup decisions, formation decisions, and substitutions in matches. Too many to count, he's no better than Hodgson, just lucky enough to get an extremely talented squad.

You honestly think that it's just normal to get the 26 out of 30 with teams like Croatia, Serbia & Scotland in our qualifying group? You think our team is THAT exceptional? Be serious mate!

Completely normal when you look at the teams in our group, only Croatia was a marginal contender. No idea why you include Scotland as an example, they're wank.

If any coach could've done it, then why did well proven coaches like Advocaat & Leekens who for 90% worked with the same players, couldn't even win two games in a row?

90% the same players? Do you even know what you're on about :D ? Under Advocaat we still had players like Swerts, Bailly, Mudingayi, Buffel, De Sutter, Lamah, Deschacht, Sonck, De Camargo etc getting regular playtime.

Under Leekens we had Vossen and Ogunjimi as strikers, Legear as a winger and Simons in midfield, with sporadic stints by up and coming talents like Hazard and Lukaku.

Baffles me how you can say they had the same players to use.

Another thing you may find suprising: youngsters get better. 2010 Hazard isn't comparable to 2014's. Witsel, Hazard, KDB, Mirallas etc weren't close to the level they are now.

Really cheap by the way to refer to his period at St Truiden, which was really just a shit ass team at that time.

Shit ass team with a shit ass manager. Thought it was pretty clear my point was that he had zero experience before getting the job coaching Belgium's up and coming golden generation for some fucked up reason.

Yes, he had little to none experience, but he's proven himself. The results he obtained are just too incredible to say that any coach could've pulled it off.

He hasn't proven himself... nearly 3 years further and still no cohesive team, despite the players improving massively on club level. He's starting to get more and more criticism in Belgium from people who know what they're talking about as well.

You seem to focus solely on the results, which have been decent and absolutely normal for a team with a market value of 365 million euros. You could argue he's underachieved.

But the things you guys say are just plain stupid.

:chai:

Why I'm I feeling so uneasy with the "when I leave Chelsea one day" quote? I hope we're getting closer to that contract extension I've been hearing since last season.

Well as long as we sell at the right time! Having someone available at the time of transaction is probably more important than the fee I'd say!

Well as long as we sell at the right time! Having someone available at the time of transaction is probably more important than the fee I'd say!

BOGA!!!!

Would love to see Boga and Hazard together in the future. I'm expecting 100% possession and 40 dribbles completed each game between them.

@iseah100,

Wilmots is a good coach but I think with a better manager we could have went to the world cup final.

We could've played better football perhaps. Don't even know if that's Wilmots fault or lack of form from the players. But to lose QF against Argentina is going to happen 3 out of 4. As "golden" as our generation may be, we are still underdogs to a team like Argentina or Germany.

he said 'when I leave chelsea' not 'if' :cry:

If he leaves so what. We are a big club with a reasonable pulling power and financial resources to attract big players. He's not irreplaceable by any means. although I would prefer he stays for the long haul.