Eden Hazard

the wes

#SackWilmots

#SaveBelgium

Knowing the Belgium federation, who will replace him?

Wilmots is not the best coach, but it could be very worst if those fossils have to pick an other one.

#SackWilmots #SaveBelgium

I don't really see why.

The players respect him. He brings fighting spirit. Public & press from all sides of our country in general respect him.

His football brain is perhaps not the biggest, but with mature players like Kompany, Witsel & De Bruye in our ranks, they can sort out a lot of issues themselves.

There's just a few players he urgently needs to stop selecting, Laurent Ciman to name the most obvious one. One of the worst defenders in the Belgian Jupiler League, let alone on an international level! Honestly, I wonder what kind of dark, filthy secret Ciman knows about Wilmots that he got into this squad ...

And he should also stop giving chances to Lukaku now.

For the rest, I don't see why another coach would be better.

Why I'm I feeling so uneasy with the "when I leave Chelsea one day" quote? I hope we're getting closer to that contract extension I've been hearing since last season.

Why I'm I feeling so uneasy with the "when I leave Chelsea one day" quote? I hope we're getting closer to that contract extension I've been hearing since last season.

As long as that day is in 9 or 10 years time then it's fine by me.

The players respect him, true. He brings spirit to the team, sure. What about his actual job: putting a cohesive team out there capable of dominating a game, not just the first 20mins?

He's tactically inept mate. Not surprising since his only stint as a manager before this was at second division club Sint-Truiden, where he failed miserably. Winning just 2 games in 25 or something. Then a 7 year hiatus and suddenly he's the mastercoach who reaches the quarterfinals at the world cup. Let me tell you something mate, anyone could have done the same.

You can't expect the players themselves to sort the team out and play like superstars either, it doesn't work that way unfortunately. They need a coach who does more than letting his players run laps and play games of mini-football.

I've said it often and I'll say it again, this generations progress on international level is being stalled because of this man. I pray he gets another club offer soon so we get rid of him and people will see how bad he really is.

Swap for Hodgson? :Goober:

Problem with Belgium is they have alot of players that overestimate their own ability. Vertonghen is probably the biggest culprit.

Couldn't agree more... Watching them against Bosnia was pretty frustrating. The players are talented but man are they ever selfish!! They all just wanna shoot whenever they get even the slightest sight of goal. Ridiculously frustrating. Eden is gonna have to do something really special in my opinion for him to somewhat show that he's the alpha-dog in the squad (in terms of ability). Kind of like how Messi has at Argentina.

But I'll tell you right now, it's gonna have to be something REALLY special cuz the likes of Lukaku and the aforementioned Vertonghen completely overestimate their ability.

Couldn't agree more... Watching them against Bosnia was pretty frustrating. The players are talented but man are they ever selfish!! They all just wanna shoot whenever they get even the slightest sight of goal. Ridiculously frustrating. Eden is gonna have to do something really special in my opinion for him to somewhat show that he's the alpha-dog in the squad (in terms of ability). Kind of like how Messi has at Argentina.

But I'll tell you right now, it's gonna have to be something REALLY special cuz the likes of Lukaku and the aforementioned Vertonghen completely overestimate their ability.

Couldn't agree more.

Mertens has the ball, Hazard is free but Mertens choose to dribble 2 defenders where he fails miserably.

Wilmots has to make Hazard more important, tell the lads : search for Hazard, don't try to do anything on your one, pass it to Eden, we all will benefit.

Competition is very hard, they all want to prove themselves.

We can only hope that januzaj will develop so he can take the place on the right wing. Mirallas, Mertens want to prove to much they earn a place in the squad.

The point of a head coach, their main job, is to set up a team with tactics that suit them so they can compete. His title is not Belgium Head motivator, or respectsble man, it's Head coach. if he can't do his main job, he doesn't deserve to be there. It's not Kompany, KDB, and Witsel's job to sort out the teams tactical deficiencies, it's Wilmots job. And he clearly is not capable of it, and if Belgium want to become a competitve team in world football, he needs to go.

My word, the amount of people here that just follow your rant and click "like" without even thinking. I mean, I'm not a fan of Wilmots either, but how on earth can you claim that he is "clearly not capable" of being Belgium's head coach when:

1. He got Belgium into the World Cup for the first time since 2002.

2. We reached the QF of that World Cup for only the second time in our history.

3. He achieved a historical 26 out of 30 (8 wins 2 draws) in the WC qualifiers. Not a single loss.

4. He brought Belgium to the 4th (!!) position in the FIFA rakning, which is just absurd for a small ass country like Belgium.

5. He started off with a decent 4 out of 6 in the EC qualifiers. Yes, drawing away against Bosnia is a NORMAL result.

6. He has only lost 1 (one!!!) competitive match with Belgium so far, QF World Cup against Argentina.

I'll tell you now, not many coaches can show you results like that!

I understand that you have personal problems with Wilmost, but really to claim he's uncapable of the job with that kind of merit, is just insanely stupid. Insanely!

Or is all of your frustration built on the away draw against Bosnia? You really thought we'd crush them Andorra style? Grow up! Belgium has a decent national team, but we're not exactly the NBA Dream Team if you know what I mean.

I've said it often and I'll say it again, this generations progress on international level is being stalled because of this man. I pray he gets another club offer soon so we get rid of him and people will see how bad he really is.

Same reply as to Iseah above.

Wake the fuck up. Belgium is good, but we're not the greatest team in world history!!

You honestly think that it's just normal to get the 26 out of 30 with teams like Croatia, Serbia & Scotland in our qualifying group? You think our team is THAT exceptional? Be serious mate!

If any coach could've done it, then why did well proven coaches like Advocaat & Leekens who for 90% worked with the same players, couldn't even win two games in a row?

Really cheap by the way to refer to his period at St Truiden, which was really just a shit ass team at that time.

Yes, he had little to none experience, but he's proven himself. The results he obtained are just too incredible to say that any coach could've pulled it off.

To say it in the words of the late Kurt Cobain: Experience ain't a thing you need & I'll keep fighting jealousy until it's fucking gone.

Again, coming from a guy who's not at all a Wilmots fan himself. But the things you guys say are just plain stupid.

If you can say you see improvements in the football and results now compared to the first 6 months of Wilmots, then it's fine. But if the team hasn't really improved and is just playing at the same level since he took charge, then there may need to be some changes.

You've listed out his results during his time with Belgium. Which is fine, but people are discussing the future not the past. He's done a great job, no one is denying that, but is he also the best manager for the future?