FA confirms Lampard is out of Euros.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just hope it isn't serious because Lampard isn't one to get small short-term injuries.

If I remember right, he has picked up a similar injury once before for England. The reason for that one apparently, was a long flight in a cramped position, followed by training immediately afterwards.

Just hope it isn't serious because Lampard isn't one to get small short-term injuries.

Any idea when we will find out the extent of his injury?

It looks like he is gonna retire from the international game , i hope his injury isnt too serious.

Not too serious I would think judging by what Hodgson said about it.

http://sports.ndtv.com/euro-2012/news/item/191040-injured-frank-lampard-to-miss-euro-2012?pfrom=home-sports

"The fact that the doctor cannot guarantee Frank could take part in any of the group matches means we have to replace him in the central midfield area."

Could be just out for 2-3 weeks or so.

Ouch. Must be hurting, physically and emotionally as this was probably his last chance to represent England in a major tournament.

If I remember right, he has picked up a similar injury once before for England. The reason for that one apparently, was a long flight in a cramped position, followed by training immediately afterwards.

Don't they get to fly first class?

The prospect of Gerrard, Henderson and 'Scotty' in central midfield is quite enticing. For a bundle of laughs.

To make matters worse, there are 5 Liverpool players in the England squad now, more than any other team!

How can anyone say this is good, he's done it all for us and wants to win something with England so much. This is is last chance and it's been taken away from him. I was looking forward to it a lot more than i am now, that's why i'm cancelling my holiday, this England squad is a disgrace to the level of our league and part of me actually wants to see us get smashed. Obviously we have our Chelsea defence so i hope that performs well but midfield.... we'll be torn apart. Gutted that Frank is out.

Lampard has never been good in an England shirt. Hope this injury rules him out for a long period of time.

He has 23 goals in 90 appearances, that is very good for a midfielder. Don't let the media propaganda fool you. Just because he has never been given credit, does not mean he has never been good.

He has 24 goals in 90 appearances, that is very good for a midfielder. Don't let the media propaganda fool you. Just because he has never been given credit, does not mean he has never been good.

Fixed it* Shame the referee didn't count it! :rant: