test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ChelsPrad2000

FA confirms Lampard is out of Euros.

Started by ChelsPrad2000,

40 posts in this topic

Just hope it isn't serious because Lampard isn't one to get small short-term injuries.

If I remember right, he has picked up a similar injury once before for England. The reason for that one apparently, was a long flight in a cramped position, followed by training immediately afterwards.

Just hope it isn't serious because Lampard isn't one to get small short-term injuries.

Any idea when we will find out the extent of his injury?

It looks like he is gonna retire from the international game , i hope his injury isnt too serious.

Not too serious I would think judging by what Hodgson said about it.

http://sports.ndtv.com/euro-2012/news/item/191040-injured-frank-lampard-to-miss-euro-2012?pfrom=home-sports

"The fact that the doctor cannot guarantee Frank could take part in any of the group matches means we have to replace him in the central midfield area."

Could be just out for 2-3 weeks or so.

Ouch. Must be hurting, physically and emotionally as this was probably his last chance to represent England in a major tournament.

If I remember right, he has picked up a similar injury once before for England. The reason for that one apparently, was a long flight in a cramped position, followed by training immediately afterwards.

Don't they get to fly first class?

Not Super Frank. It's a shame he couldn't get 100 caps, but oh well neither could Ballack.

The prospect of Gerrard, Henderson and 'Scotty' in central midfield is quite enticing. For a bundle of laughs.

To make matters worse, there are 5 Liverpool players in the England squad now, more than any other team!

Will they all boo God Save The Queen?

Yeah, because YNWA is 'a way of life' :wank2:

He won't retire, I don't think. He'll play a part in qualifying for the Brazil World Cup and he may even use that as his swansong should England qualify.

Will they all boo God Save The Queen?

No, because that was Chelsea fans according to Liverpool. :wank2:

How can anyone say this is good, he's done it all for us and wants to win something with England so much. This is is last chance and it's been taken away from him. I was looking forward to it a lot more than i am now, that's why i'm cancelling my holiday, this England squad is a disgrace to the level of our league and part of me actually wants to see us get smashed. Obviously we have our Chelsea defence so i hope that performs well but midfield.... we'll be torn apart. Gutted that Frank is out.

Lampard has never been good in an England shirt. Hope this injury rules him out for a long period of time.

He has 23 goals in 90 appearances, that is very good for a midfielder. Don't let the media propaganda fool you. Just because he has never been given credit, does not mean he has never been good.

TorontoChelsea likes this

He has 24 goals in 90 appearances, that is very good for a midfielder. Don't let the media propaganda fool you. Just because he has never been given credit, does not mean he has never been good.

Fixed it* Shame the referee didn't count it! :rant:

I would have really liked Frank Lampard to lift the European Championship as Captain. With Steevee Gee being named Captain and this injury occuring I guess it will never happen.

They'll probably blame JT'S presence as well...'the tension' its causing and that bollocks.Just so ahhhh to think how close Lamps came to having a shot at giving us a lifeline in the World Cup and just his luck had a complete tit of a ref!

Who the bloody hell is Henderson?! Us in Euros is just gana be a disaster...

I dont know how good such injuries at that age are...he might get some rest and get ready for (pre)season, but because of this injury, he might not get back in form again...Ballack is great example, he was realy good before that injury, captain of germany that would go to world cup, instead he stayed home, never got picked by national team again and his level and physical status was much lower...It could easily happen to Lamps aswell. Hope not.