Schurrle signing confirmed; will wear #14

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't be bothered to argue this point. He's earning a fair wage in my opinion if the reports are true and I initially objected to the idea that we had a recent history of overpaying players, which I really don't think we do.

The Mata wage is an outlier.

That's pretty much it though. I have a 'one argument with a mod at a time' rule and somebody else is being a real bellend elsewhere.

I'm sorry but that is just really :lol: :lol: :lol:.

£18m for a player only one club was chasing.

Even Madrid & City get a bargain from time to time. Us on the other hand.......

Recent examples off the top of my head - KDB, £7m. Courtois, £5m. Ba, £7.5m. You were saying? I'm quite sick of you trying to use almost anything to blast the club tbh.

The only people who think this is a bad deal are those who think it's possible to have three Eden Hazard's on the pitch and another three Eden Hazard's on the bench. They have no idea what having a full squad means nor do they really care. They just want the best players in the world in every position and another 10 of the best players in the world sat on the bench. Unfortunately for the rest of us these people make the most noise so expect another 3 months of how having a German international is such a bad deal and bemoaning the fact we haven't spent 32m on another Hazard to come and sit on the bench.

Talksport expert Honigstein claims Andre schurrle was recommended to chelsea by Andre villas boas

Well I remember when AVB was here, there where quite a few players we wanted to get.

I remember Azpilicueta came from that list.

Maybe Oscar as well.

But yes it's true, AVB is a really great coach.

For me the potential of AVB is much bigger then Mourinho.

I still can't believe we let him go. :(

Yeah yeah why are we need him, we already have too many!?

Bayern - Ribery, Robben, Kroos, Shaqiri, Muller add 40m Gotze.

BFC - about six top attackers add 55m Neymar.

I think with Marin, Moses we still short in quality compared to top teams. We easily can have both KdB and Schurrle in the squad and even more - someone older who not so desperate for regular football but good professional. It will only benefit for the team. We need this quality to push our top players like Hazard, Oscar - it will make them better.

Exactly. I was about to post something similar.

Barca's options in midfield: Busquets/Song/Xavi/Thiago/Iniesta/Fabregas

Real's options for the '3': C. Ronaldo/Ozil/Di Maria/Kaka/Modric/Callejon

Bayern's options for the '3' mentioned above

These were our options: Hazard/Mata/Oscar/Moses/Marin (and Benayoun for half a season)

That's a huge gap in quality, Marin and Benayoun weren't even good enough to offer anything last season. If we want to up there with the big boys again, we need more quality. The quality of the team decreased dramatically as soon as Mata or Hazard didn't start. We were lucky they both managed to play as much as they did, that might not be the case coming season.

With Schurrle and the return of Kevin we're already so much stronger. Schurrle might not be a worldbeater but he's good enough to start every now and then. And he offers us different qualities while the coach can also shuffle things a lot more tactically. His presence will also make sure his competition will have to perform to keep their place in the first XI. And not to forget, this also means our players will be better rested resulting in more consistency throughout the season.

Now we only need to add a quality striker, I'm sorry but Lukaku iw not good enough (yet), and central midfielder to the team. If we do that, I don't see why we can't win the league.

I have not seen a lot of Schurlle, so I will reserve judgement on the transfer until he starts playing for us, but I'm very open over the transfer for a number of reasons.

At 22, he already has 24 Germany caps in one of the most talented generation of midfield pools they've had. He has also been considered one of the, if not the, most important attacking player in a Leverkusen side that have finished third in Germany, only behind the two Champions League finalists.

The recent signings of young players for our squad have been overall very impressive. Whether this is Emenalo or whoever making these decisions and as a result I believe they have earned from me the trust that players they are signing will be successful at Chelsea.

And finally I fully agree with those that are placing an emphasis on the squad depth. We cannot expect Hazard, Mata and Oscar to play the amount of games they did last year if we want they fit, fresh and firing throughout the entire season. Our '3' behind the striker now includes the options of Hazard, Mata, Oscar, De Bruyne, Schurlle, Moses and Marin - all are capable of playing in different positions in that '3' and all offer different options and variety to our play. Moses or Marin may possibly leave (I would prefer Marin to leave) but even then we have an awful lot of depth and talent still, and add to that Mata will be our 'elder statesman' from that group at the grand old age of 25 (which he only turned less than two months ago), and the future looks very bright indeed.

Well I remember when AVB was here, there where quite a few players we wanted to get.

I remember Azpilicueta came from that list.

Maybe Oscar as well.

But yes it's true, AVB is a really great coach.

For me the potential of AVB is much bigger then Mourinho.

I still can't believe we let him go. :(

It's clear AVB has a superb eye for talent, but his abilities as a coach are still very much in the unproven category for me. Whatever the arguments and excuses, he made a huge mess of this club and I can only imagine where Spurs would have finished this season if Bale hadn't have dragged them up the table. There is some potential there, but much bigger than Mourinho? I know which I'd rather have, and I'm just glad the one I'd rather have is currently our manager.

I don't know why we bought him...

944433_10151651152279127_109417735_n.jpg

yeah paying 45 m for Draxler would be much more logica. seems ok to mee.

people should start using their brains before posting ffs

to the people mentioning this not a Mourinho signing: if mourinho wouldnt have wanted im in here, we would not ahve signed him. that easy. he was personally negotaing at the game in Leipzig..SCHÜRELY he did that for fun. sometimes you think you talk to monkeys and not human beings who use their brains before they talk...

He has shown some great potential for Leverkusen and the national team. He is still very young at 22, no doubt Jose will bring his game up even more. Should be a lot better seeing him come on rather then Benyanoun as a sub.

It's clear AVB has a superb eye for talent, but his abilities as a coach are still very much in the unproven category for me. Whatever the arguments and excuses, he made a huge mess of this club and I can only imagine where Spurs would have finished this season if Bale hadn't have dragged them up the table. There is some potential there, but much bigger than Mourinho? I know which I'd rather have, and I'm just glad the one I'd rather have is currently our manager.

Yeah but the key here for Chelsea is a younger model, for potential talent in developing them.

In that department AVB is miles ahead. It is clear that he fell out with the club players, but those where the older ones.

He made a mistake, but so did Mourinho at Madrid!

AVB will learn from his mistake as well Mourinho.

Now I don't doubt Mourinho is a top coach, but his record is limited in this.....

But you can also make the case that Mourinho being a top coach, he merits such a challenge.

Just that if you ask me who would be the ideal manager for a project long term with attractive football and bringing youngster right now? I will say AVB.

Recent examples off the top of my head - KDB, £7m. Courtois, £5m. Ba, £7.5m. You were saying? I'm quite sick of you trying to use almost anything to blast the club tbh.

No-knees Ba was a bargain? Bore off mate.

Courtois and De Bruyne were youth players who weren't even capped by Belgium. Fair play to the scouts for spotting their talent but I wouldn't consider them shrewd buys.

Bargains are Ozil for £12m, Cazorla (£16m) or £18m for Kagawa. Relatively cheap fees for proven talent who are miles better than Shirley and are legitimate starting material.

I blast the club because I think that fat bastard Gourlay and his cronies are all clowns and they've done nothing to prove otherwise.

It's okay to constantly deride and slag off Torres & Mikel but the morons that sacked Carlo in a corridor, got rid of the man who gave the club it's most joyous moment for Rafa of all people 3 months in the season, invest more of their time with overseas fans than local supporters and paid a combined £80m for Shevchenko and Torres who were both clearly way past their prime aren't fair game?

Amazing logic.