Eddie Newton

Wilson

Just thought I'd make this thread in dedication to a great player and assistant manager for Chelsea. It's people like Eddie that inspire Chelsea Football Club and the players there. Glad he is in our history with Robbie as a player and assistant manager. Legend!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i watched him play a few times for Cardiff before he had even made his Chelsea debut. he was awesome for his 3 month loan.leading City on a 17 game unbeaten run. which incidentally ended the game after his loan spell was over.

he was only about 19,could tell he was gonna make it the way he run the games at such a tender age and against tough and dirty players. i then got to see him make his debut in the same season in a game against Everton if i recall correctly.

also i believe like me he is an Hammersmith boy. :)

for those who don't know i have a Welsh mother,hence why i got to see Eddie play for Cardiff as they are her local team..tho i wouldnt go to football with my mother,lol not as a 16 year old anyway,too "cool" for that....;)

20 years on he`s got 5 winners medals with us from his playing days and now assistant head coach. with one of them of course being the European champions medal. he`s a guy whose been close to my heart for two decades and now he`s cemented his place in my heart for life now. well done Eddie hope you and Robbie get what you deserve from Roman.

• 7 months later...