Pep's Arrival

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After that penalty, which that cunt Fabregas dived for, they struggled to get past our 10 defenders.

They kept passing from side to side, before Alves tried to start crossing the ball in.

Messi hit the post too... But I'm not saying that it was a genius tactic or anything, that wasn't my point, just that it wasn't as useless as some make it out to be. What I am saying is that on any other day it could have easily been Barca going through, think Chelsea fully deserved it in the end with that fight.

albeit I accept the legendary state of Lamps and Terry every fool mst admit they have to stop think they're the best thing since sliced bread, since tehy aren't anymore and they should do whats good for the club and nocht good for THEY'RE play'n time and THEY'RE egos... they've cost us more then one manager, maybe it was justified before but a club can't be guarded by his players... so SHM is right, he has to make lamps and terry two players with legendary state who are legends and enter the frame when its needed...

I think Pep would be a real presence in the dressing room, he's a great man manager and without Messi (who apparently has quite an ego, although you wouldn't know it) to keep satisfied I think he'd flourish building a new team, Hazard would be his Messi, and he'd hub the team around him and Torres I would think.

I don't know If we'd be playing Tiki-Taka football, but who's to say he'd even use the same tacts he used at Barca? Look at other managers, the tactics need to suit the team as much as the otherway around, we've only seen him play Tiki Taka because he's only managed Barcelona remember but I'm certain this guy ain't no one trick pony!

He's far from a revolutionary! All credit due, he's a fine manager, and Barcelona wouldn't have had this success had they retained Rijkaard. A revolution by definition is a complete overthrow of the previous system in place. The 'Ancien Regime' of Barcelona was remarkably similar to what he did. It's not like Barcelona played like Stoke City before he took over. Yes, there were differences between him and Rijkaard but in my opinion there weren't enough of them to warrant him being labelled a revolutionary.

In football terms he is a revolutionary in that he created a way of football that nobody had ever seen before and that was hugely successful, he has changed the whole way the game is played and viewed and has set the benchmark. No, of course they didn't play like Stoke City, however they also didn't play like Guardiola's Barcelona. Not only was Guardiola's brilliance felt on the Barcelona side but Spain too adopted Guardiola's approach with key Barcelona players as the core of their team and they went on to win both the European Championships and World Cup. They were many differences with Rijkaard's Barcelona focvused more on the individual than the team unit, that was the ultimate change in philosophy for the club to undertake, to go from the individual brilliance of Ronaldinho, Eto'o, Deco ect. to the team first approach of Guardiola.

I don't find tiki taka fun to watch, i'd rather watch Real Madrid, they play better football as far as i'm concerned.

Ibrahimovic didn't work out - wasn't that because Pep decided to put him out wide and play Messi in the middle? not sure but i remember him scoring a lot of goals, before having problems with Pep.

He scored goals but Barcelona fans weren't impressed, the consensus at the time was that he was something of a hindrance to the way Barcelona play, despite being a wonderful player.

It would be deluded to think he'd get us to play like Barcelona, Guardiola isn't as naive as Avb. That Barcelona philosophy comes from years of investment and work into their academy structure where these ideas were drummed into those players as a kid. Guardiola isn't an idiot and know's we couldn't do an aggressive pressing and attacking game, maybe in a couple of years we'd switch to something similar, but in the short term i think he'd just get us to play better football. Only one team can do what Barca do, which is why it'd be different if he comes here

You guys DO know that Pep might/does have some other tactics than the Barca-one? You fit the tactics based on the players, not the other way around.

Said this myself, Peps not a one trick pony, he can do more than tell messi xavi & co to go out there pass the ball between them for 90 minutes and give the ball to Messi at some point so he can go and score a goal, we won't be playing Barcelona football, we'd be playing our own brand of attacking football