Pep's Arrival

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some people are also deluded and fail to see that we were INCREDIBLY lucky to beat Barca. Even if you park the bus they can tear you apart most times.He didn't have a Plan b because he didn't need it. He would have learnt from that and adapted his style.

Really? You missed the whole Barcelona domination thing? Cos the Barcelona team under Guardiola will go down as one of the greatest teams ever, not only because they won trophies (lots of them) but because of the brand of football they played, Guardiola created a style of football that revolutionised football, the way it is played and has set the standard for all clubs to match.

No plan B? Well they more than often didn't need a plan B, also they did sign Ibrahimovic but he didn't work out as well as Barcelona had hoped he would. Guardiola was smart enough to keep changing it up, to keep the players on their toes with fresh tactics, new ideas, if you watch their first year under Guardiola, you will see in the second year it has been slightly modified to that of the first, in the third year it has again been slightly modified to the second, ect.

Id love Guardiola at Chelsea, a football revolutionary with a beautiful football philosophy, a driven winner and, undoubtedly, one of, if not the very, best managers in the world.

He's far from a revolutionary! All credit due, he's a fine manager, and Barcelona wouldn't have had this success had they retained Rijkaard. A revolution by definition is a complete overthrow of the previous system in place. The 'Ancien Regime' of Barcelona was remarkably similar to what he did. It's not like Barcelona played like Stoke City before he took over. Yes, there were differences between him and Rijkaard but in my opinion there weren't enough of them to warrant him being labelled a revolutionary.

Surely a high line necessitates quick players. Ramires showed their weakness in pace (they may have stopped that goal had Puyol been about 5 years younger/Pique still been on the pitch). There are faster players than Ramires in the Premiership.

Why would we have to automatically play a high line? I think Guardiola is clever enough to learn from the mistakes of AVB, a high line in the Premier League is less effective than it is in Spain because teams in England are more direct and thus can catch the high line defence out, their phases are often much quicker than those of mid tier sides in Spain or Italy. Why couldn't Guardiola's team play with a medium block? There could still be an emphasis on the press, it just wouldn;t be as aggressive as Barcelona's pressing game.

In a medium block, Terry, Luiz and Cahill should all be fine given that that is what Chelsea generally play with (except against Barcelona and Bayern Munich). There might be faster players than Ramires in the Premier League but there isn't many of them. Anyway Im still not entirely sure what speed would have to do with the set up of the side, it only comes into play if you automatically assume that Guardiola would play with a high line.

Really? You missed the whole Barcelona domination thing? Cos the Barcelona team under Guardiola will go down as one of the greatest teams ever, not only because they won trophies (lots of them) but because of the brand of football they played, Guardiola created a style of football that revolutionised football, the way it is played and has set the standard for all clubs to match.

No plan B? Well they more than often didn't need a plan B, also they did sign Ibrahimovic but he didn't work out as well as Barcelona had hoped he would. Guardiola was smart enough to keep changing it up, to keep the players on their toes with fresh tactics, new ideas, if you watch their first year under Guardiola, you will see in the second year it has been slightly modified to that of the first, in the third year it has again been slightly modified to the second, ect.

Id love Guardiola at Chelsea, a football revolutionary with a beautiful football philosophy, a driven winner and, undoubtedly, one of, if not the very, best managers in the world.

I don't find tiki taka fun to watch, i'd rather watch Real Madrid, they play better football as far as i'm concerned.

Ibrahimovic didn't work out - wasn't that because Pep decided to put him out wide and play Messi in the middle? not sure but i remember him scoring a lot of goals, before having problems with Pep.

But what did Pep even do to earn all this praise? It's not like he converted an 'ugly' side to play like that. He took a side that had always been playing with that ethos and tweaked a couple of things around, and hey presto, you've got 6 trophies in a season. I don't think he's the right man for a complete philosophical restructuring, because he didn't prove that at Barcelona. We need to play somewhat similar to Barcelona first before Pep can come in and make those famous tweaks.

One man will certainly not be enough to change the football philosophy at Chelsea, at least not to something like in Barcelona. I'm not one of those that think the way Barca plays is the most fantastic thing ever, but what they do is something that they have been working on with generations of players. I don't think Pep will be stupid and try and completely reform the club if he comes, it's a slow transition, everyone knows that.

You're doubting a man that has won I don't even know how many trophies with Barca because he didn't reform the club. Our current manager who just won us CL is a west brom reject who not even Birmingham wanted and he sure didn't reform Chelsea or show any signs of wanting to do so, he went back to the old Mourinho roots.

JT is a disgrace of a human being. His got no morals or values in life at all - and he tries to run the club with his mate Lampard, which irritates me to no end.

Inb4shitstorm

The second sentence may be fair enough but calling him a disgrace when people like Barack Obama and his cronies roam freely without being hauled in for war crimes isn't fair. If he is a disgrace, what are those that actually commit crimes?

Some people are also deluded and fail to see that we were INCREDIBLY lucky to beat Barca. Even if you park the bus they can tear you apart most times.He didn't have a Plan b because he didn't need it. He would have learnt from that and adapted his style.

We were lucky to beat them with a parked bus yes, but it's the best possible way.

Many teams have tried to take them on and failed miserably.

@SHM : Take your Terry hate elsewhere, maybe in the 'Terry's past it' thread.

This is a Chelsea forum and Terry was brought up in this topic.

Btw, It's Pep's fault that Fabregas couldn't finish, Sanchez couldn't finish, Messi couldn't finish for 2 matches, Messi missing a penalty and Busquets missing an open goal.

Pep and AVB comparisons are fuking joke.Its like comparing Barca to Porto, Boas is just a little version of Guardiola who is a top dog in what he is doing !Would I want Guardiola in Chelsea ?Ahaha I would even drive him personally to London if needed!

One man will certainly not be enough to change the football philosophy at Chelsea, at least not to something like in Barcelona. I'm not one of those that think the way Barca plays is the most fantastic thing ever, but what they do is something that they have been working on with generations of players. I don't think Pep will be stupid and try and completely reform the club if he comes, it's a slow transition, everyone knows that.

You're doubting a man that has won I don't even know how many trophies with Barca because he didn't' reform the club. Our current manager who just won us CL is a west brom reject who not even Birmingham wanted.

That attitude that a manager must be proven in order to be worthy of the Chelsea job is ridiculous. I am doubting him because thats what people want on this thread, they want immediate restructuring and Pep's not the guy for that. Forget tiki-taka or sexy football at all, 4-3-3 Mourinho style and its variants have been instrumental in the success of this club and there is no need at all to change it. As the proverb goes, if it isn't broken, don't try to fix it.

That is incorrect. There are no players faster than Ramires in the league. Kyle Walker is about equal, Sturridge too, and maybe Lennon.

Walcott?

We were lucky to beat them with a parked bus yes, but it's the best possible way.

Many teams have tried to take them on and failed miserably.

You're basically just agreeing with what I said lol People blame Pep for not having a plan B, but as you said he didn't need it as his Barca side has just about beat anyone who parked the bus. It'll be different with us, we will be more Balanced than Barca.

That attitude that a manager must be proven in order to be worthy of the Chelsea job is ridiculous. I am doubting him because thats what people want on this thread, they want immediate restructuring and Pep's not the guy for that. Forget tiki-taka or sexy football at all, 4-3-3 Mourinho style and its variants have been instrumental in the success of this club and there is no need at all to change it. As the proverb goes, if it isn't broken, don't try to fix it.

So you're doubting Pep because of peoples unreasonable and weird expectations? Doesn't make sense. I'm more than assured that if Pep comes in he won't play a system that doesn't fit the team, it will be a slow process to play more attacking football.

You're basically just agreeing with what I said lol People blame Pep for not having a plan B, but as you said he didn't need it as his Barca side has just about beat anyone who parked the bus. It'll be different with us, we will be more Balanced than Barca.

Because you don't always need a Plan B, doesn't mean you should not at least have one.

If one day, for some reason that Plan A isn't working - like against us in the 2nd half of the game at Camp Nou - then you're fucked

The funniest part was them trying to cross with all the short players in their team :lol:

JT is a disgrace of a human being. His got no morals or values in life at all - and he tries to run the club with his mate Lampard, which irritates me to no end.

Inb4shitstorm

still spouting the same shit ,,,change the record

Because you don't always need a Plan B, doesn't mean you should not at least have one.

If one day, for some reason that Plan A isn't working - like against us in the 2nd half of the game at Camp Nou - then you're fucked.

Well they missed a penalty and so on... So it's not like the their plan a was completely useless...

So you're doubting Pep because of peoples unreasonable and weird expectations? Doesn't make sense. I'm more than assured that if Pep comes in he won't play a system that doesn't fit the team, it will be a slow process to play more attacking football.

I like you.

(No homo)

Well they missed a penalty and so on... So it's not like the their plan a was completely useless...

After that penalty, which that cunt Fabregas dived for, they struggled to get past our 10 defenders.

They kept passing from side to side, before Alves tried to start crossing the ball in.