Pep's Arrival

Why exactly did he need to change his gameplan against us? He was getting quality looks in the first game, and completely outplayed us. I don't think you understand just how historic our run was getting passed them. Since the possession stat had started to be counted, we were the first team to win with such a low percentage of the ball. What was it? 27%? We had 1 shot on target in the first game, and we scored. They hit the post 2 times, missed 2 easy tap ins, Messi missed a one on one. Same thing with the second game. You had Messi missing a penalty, etc, etc.

Why did he need to change his gameplan? Like I said, he was getting great looks, and with the quality he had on his team, he figured they'd eventually put away one of those plum chances they had.

Some of you are blinded for your love of Robbie and hate for Pep, that it decreases some of your ability to think rationally. It's like people saying that Bertrand was a great tactical choice when it came to the Bayern game... Well I watched it, and no it wasn't. Just because we won the game, all was forgotten, and people pointed to it as brilliance, and a sign of trust between player and manager. Fact was, it was Bertrand's first stinker in the senior team.

Christ on a bike.......I was speaking about Barcelona to a few pals and told them exactly how Barcelona would play and how we would counter it. Let them have the ball out wide as they rarely whip it into the box, they try and play through you so we'll pack the space in front of the defence. Even when they got a corner they took it short and continued with this tippy tappy bollocks that in the end was their downfall.

We've played this way against them the last half a dozen times and they've never beaten us outright. So if I could see what we were going to do, surely to God Mr Wonderful could have prepared his team to counter how we set up.

Nowhere have I mentioned RDM in my posts, The fact of the matter is, some folk are expecting Guardiola to arrive and have us playing this tippy tappy bollocks and wank themselves into a frenzy. It just isn't going to happen.

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 Minutes ago i watched a report about Pep in the israeli news channel. the report was made because he has some very close friends from israel.

he invited them to the Final game against Bilbao and then met with them in hotel to speak.

The reporter said:" Chelsea-Their big rival offered him contract for 11 mill a year.

But in the end,his close friends advised him to take a break.

Christ on a bike.......I was speaking about Barcelona to a few pals and told them exactly how Barcelona would play and how we would counter it. Let them have the ball out wide as they rarely whip it into the box, they try and play through you so we'll pack the space in front of the defence. Even when they got a corner they took it short and continued with this tippy tappy bollocks that in the end was their downfall.

We've played this way against them the last half a dozen times and they've never beaten us outright. So if I could see what we were going to do, surely to God Mr Wonderful could have prepared his team to counter how we set up.

Nowhere have I mentioned RDM in my posts, The fact of the matter is, some folk are expecting Guardiola to arrive and have us playing this tippy tappy bollocks and wank themselves into a frenzy. It just isn't going to happen.

We all know how Barcelona play. We played the perfect tactics against them. Yet they were still far superior to us, and if you want to be fair, should have had 3 or 4 goals in the first game had they finished their regular chances. It's called luck when a player of Fabregas' caliber misses a tap in. Same for Pedro, and Messi a 1-on-1 with the keeper.

We all know how Barcelona play. We played the perfect tactics against them. Yet they were still far superior to us, and if you want to be fair, should have had 3 or 4 goals in the first game had they finished their regular chances. It's called luck when a player of Fabregas' caliber misses a tap in. Same for Pedro, and Messi a 1-on-1 with the keeper.

I may be a bit superstitious here, but for me while it's true they completely outclassed us technically, they have never beaten our grit. That's the reason they lost and that's also why Messi missed that penalty. Our mental strength is on a completely different level. Add words like "desperation" and "last hurrah" and you have a completely indomitable team. Didier's equalizer against Bayern was a testimony of this. My 2 cents.

:drunk:

So I know alot of people want Di Matteo to stay on with us and In fairness I think he's earned it as much as anyone.

But it looks like we're really pushing for Mr Josep Guardiola, with the intention of him completely overhauling the club, essentially doing what André Villas-Boas was brought into do, but failed quite miserably, I think he was the architect of his own downfall.

With Pep we wouldn't have that issue I don't think he's a great man manager, and a very astute tactician, albeit suffering from a bit of tunnel vision prefering to loose sexy than win ugly, something you need to have in this league especially.

He created the perfect blend of experienced players and youth in the his Barcelona squads, something we've lacked, we have FA Youth Cup winning players, who, in any other team, might have been given a shot in the first team, even just warming the bench. Pep would come in and see the potential there and move to blend the youth team and the senior team, something we really need.

So I ask you, what do you want to see Pep do If and when he arrives? What major changes do you want to see at the club, Immediately or over time?

:blue scalf:

I feel that with pep as main man, he can replicate exactly what Jose did over the 04-06 seasons, pull of a total overhaul of the team, organize a regular playing role for certain players, and maybe even organize the buying and selling of a few players to try and create the best squad possible in his eyes.

If Pep comes -

Implement Sexy Football

Make Terry and Lampard redundant.

Not just Terry and Lampard but Ivanovic, Luiz and Cahill. None of them are really that quick.

Just reading through some of these posts and i can guarantee i can pick the Chelsea "supporters" that started following us in the last year or so. What a bunch of pathetic pricks we have on this forum! Make Terry and Lampard redundant? WTF??? IS this cunt for real?? There are only so many things i can say to a twat like this.. FUCK OFF and go support Barcelona! If you want us to play like them, then you should have no problem jumping ship. And take the cunts that agree with you too..

I feel that with pep as main man, he can replicate exactly what Jose did over the 04-06 seasons, pull of a total overhaul of the team, organize a regular playing role for certain players, and maybe even organize the buying and selling of a few players to try and create the best squad possible in his eyes.

Tacticaly, he is shit. All he can do is 'attack, attack, attack'. Once they lead, he makes bad changes (xavi out, keita in)...

Dont even say about transfers; Selling Toure, buying Ibra, Chygrinsky, Afellay, Adriano,...

Alexis is decent, Cesc wasnt his wish, but it was wish of barca to get back that kid. The only realy good buy he made was Villa.

He needed cb, but he never bought him...

He would won nothing, if there was no Messi Xavi and Iniesta. Once barca had problems, Pep did nothing because he is not good tactic.

The only good thing about him was that he knew barca style because he played there and he continued that mentality to his players. He was lucky to have such good squad.

That confirms he is perfect barca coach, maybe spanish too, but shit elsewhere where you need to play organised, tactical defense and when you need to make right changes. Here Di Matteo is much better motivator for our players and also knows club better. Besides RDm showed he knows how to play attack against napoli.

I realy hope we wont get Pep;

1. expensive

2. knows shit about english tactics

3. needs time

4. problems with older players (I doubt Cole, Terry and Lamps will run all attack like Puyol, Xavi or Alves at that age)

5. This is no barca with tiki taka, but Chelsea in ENGLISH league. It would take years to give players that mentality of barca.

6. We have RDM who deserves one more year, knows club and is legend.

Personally I dont think Pep will come this season. Not even sure if he will come next year either . I am stiil of the opinion we could start next season with Capello

or Sven .. I would like to see RDM given the chance but beginning to doubt he has much chance.

I dislike barca style a lot. If we turn to that tiki taka shit I wont like it a bit.

I prefer more attacking football, but in terms of quick, creative passing and nice touches. Not endless passing in middle of pitch.

The style of Ancelotti or RM when they play with counters, City attacking style or even Brazil style from 2002. That is football when you see beauty of it with all those goals, assists, runs, dribbles and actions. Not this shit from barca with those cheating cunts, and game you fall asleep after five minutes!

No thank you Pep and I hope you dont come near SB!

People say Pep would be shit without Messi, Xavi, Iniesta but forget that actually he made them what they are now ..His transfers are 50-50 mainly because of that transfer with Ibra, but overall he signed Alexis, Mascherano, D.Alves, Fabregas all are good signings.Not to mention how many youngsters he made that are close to world beaters now Pedro, Busqets etc.And nobody can be sure that if he comes here we will be playin tiki-taka ..

I don't think i can understand the hate and detest for Barcelona playing style, their one touch passing is truly wonderful. It is truly amazing how in sync and efficient they are. I can understand if you are rooting against them, the game does get boring from that perspective. But from a natural standpoint i can't understand.

I guess to each their own, i have had some people telling me they enjoy watching stoke play. which i don't even consider Stoke a FC.

Tacticaly, he is shit. All he can do is 'attack, attack, attack'. Once they lead, he makes bad changes (xavi out, keita in)...

Dont even say about transfers; Selling Toure, buying Ibra, Chygrinsky, Afellay, Adriano,...

Alexis is decent, Cesc wasnt his wish, but it was wish of barca to get back that kid. The only realy good buy he made was Villa.

He needed cb, but he never bought him...

He would won nothing, if there was no Messi Xavi and Iniesta. Once barca had problems, Pep did nothing because he is not good tactic.

The only good thing about him was that he knew barca style because he played there and he continued that mentality to his players. He was lucky to have such good squad.

That confirms he is perfect barca coach, maybe spanish too, but shit elsewhere where you need to play organised, tactical defense and when you need to make right changes. Here Di Matteo is much better motivator for our players and also knows club better. Besides RDm showed he knows how to play attack against napoli.

I realy hope we wont get Pep;

1. expensive

2. knows shit about english tactics

3. needs time

4. problems with older players (I doubt Cole, Terry and Lamps will run all attack like Puyol, Xavi or Alves at that age)

5. This is no barca with tiki taka, but Chelsea in ENGLISH league. It would take years to give players that mentality of barca.

6. We have RDM who deserves one more year, knows club and is legend.

That could quite possibly be one of the most moronic, ignorant and downright head scratching comments I've ever come across in my entire life, I'm genuinely not exaggerating when I tell you that I am sitting at home reading that comment, cringing in the process with my head in my hands, that truly went above and beyond the limit.

Why not hire him as our Youth Coach? If there's a place for Pep here none would more apt than this position.

Because he will relish going from being the all conquering, greatest manager in the history of one of the biggest clubs in the world in Barcelona to being our youth coach.....

That could quite possibly be one of the most moronic, ignorant and downright head scratching comments I've ever come across in my entire life, I'm genuinely not exaggerating when I tell you that I am sitting at home reading that comment, cringing in the process with my head in my hands, that truly went above and beyond the limit.

Well then you are alone...