Pep's Arrival

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They lost 1-0 in a Semi final of a Champions League, hardly fucking ruins in fairness.

It wasn't the Champions League semi final defeat that was the problem back then. Nothing to do with that. There were tons internal conflict at the club, lots of dead woods, players being delusional with the situation at the club and among others and Guardiola came in revamp the squad and settle things at the club.

It wasn't the Champions League semi final defeat that was the problem back then. Nothing to do with that. There were tons internal conflict at the club, lots of dead woods, players being delusional with the situation at the club and among others and Guardiola came in revamp the squad and settle things at the club.

What internal problems? What players we're being delusional and what would you sight in as among others?

How exactly has he tweeked it though ?

That's like saying Avram Grant tweeked TSO's team to get us to the CL FInal in 2008 :ph34r:.....and for the record, I did say 10-15 years minimum.

Scolari, Ancelotti and AVB were all brought in to change how we played. When they failed with the open exciting football Roman wanted to see, we went back to what we know best which is basically defend and hit on the break. This way of playing had brought us so much success over the last decade. PG will be asked to create at Chelsea what everyone sees at Barcelona. When he tries to get us playing that way and it goes tits up like every other manager before him Roman will not hesitate to get shafted of him

PG will just be another manager to add to the "tried and failed" list in Romans litle black book.

If he does come I'll wish him all the best, but I know that I'll be back on here saying I told you so when he gets his P45.

You could, and others probably already have, write a book on how Guardiola has tweaked and built upon the Barcelona philosophy to turn it into the most dominating fom of football ever witnessed, a style that has led Barcelona and Soain to sweeping all before them. Before Guardiola how often did sides have 65-70% of possession in the majority of their games? While Rijkaard's Barcelina was more focused on the individual brilliance of Ronaldinho, Eto'o, Deco ect. Pep's Barcelona was built entirely around the team unit, from Messi to Busquets everybody works towards the greater good. Of course he also introduced the aggressive pressing game. He also even occasionally plays without a striker. There are so many things to mention and view in depth, practically each individuals role on the pitch was heavily influenced by Guardiola's philosophy. If you still have t recognised that Guardiola did a single thing then there is nothing Incan do for you because that is simply ignorance.

I don't know if you noticed by Roman is moving away from the physical side Mourinho built to a more technically complete side, the signings of Hazard, Mata, Marin, Torres, De Bruyne and to a lesser extent Hulk(assuming he joins) ate not coincidence, it is a real effort by the club to change the philosophy of the club.

If that's what you think then fair enough but the fact that you are either unaware or unwilling to acknowledge the importance of Guardiola to Barcelona suggests you are hardly best placed to make an informed decision on it one way or another.

You could, and others probably already have, write a book on how Guardiola has tweaked and built upon the Barcelona philosophy to turn it into the most dominating fom of football ever witnessed, a style that has led Barcelona and Soain to sweeping all before them. Before Guardiola how often did sides have 65-70% of possession in the majority of their games? While Rijkaard's Barcelina was more focused on the individual brilliance of Ronaldinho, Eto'o, Deco ect. Pep's Barcelona was built entirely around the team unit, from Messi to Busquets everybody works towards the greater good. Of course he also introduced the aggressive pressing game. He also even occasionally plays without a striker. There are so many things to mention and view in depth, practically each individuals role on the pitch was heavily influenced by Guardiola's philosophy. If you still have t recognised that Guardiola did a single thing then there is nothing Incan do for you because that is simply ignorance.

I don't know if you noticed by Roman is moving away from the physical side Mourinho built to a more technically complete side, the signings of Hazard, Mata, Marin, Torres, De Bruyne and to a lesser extent Hulk(assuming he joins) ate not coincidence, it is a real effort by the club to change the philosophy of the club.

If that's what you think then fair enough but the fact that you are either unaware or unwilling to acknowledge the importance of Guardiola to Barcelona suggests you are hardly best placed to make an informed decision on it one way or another.

It's far from being ignorant and I think I'm intelligent enough to make a decison for myself without having someone making patronising remarks to feed their ego.

If you're a Guardiola fanboy then good for you. Dominating a football match isn't the answer to everything. It may be nice on the eye, but when the going gets tough you need to adapt your game. He failed to do that and stuck with his "philosophy". You can praise him for that or criticise him. I'll stick with criticising him for now thanks.

If you cast your mind back several months, that's exactly what AVB done. Stuck to his philosophy, when things weren't going our way and he got the boot. Wether you can accept it or not, you can almost write the script before it happens. IF Guardiola arrives at Chelsea with the greatest intentions of changing how we play, he will not get the time to see it through. That's not me being ignorant nor am I illi-nformed on how wonderful he is, this is me making a decision based on how Romans mind works.

Why is there even a thread for this, everyone knows we ain't getting Guardiola.... hes not the sort of guy who can be tempted by cash. The relationship he had with Barcelona is unreal, he was born near there and then brought up through their youth academy, then into their first team under Cryuff and became a key player for them, then became the B team manager and then first team coach a few years later.

Everyone has their price apparently but I don't think hes going to come here to manage especially with the recent history for managers. AVB was installed to change the team was sacked, what if the same was to happen to Guardiola... and its not like it wont because they have very similar philosophies. Also the proposed talk of our academy developing better players if he arrives is crazy, we don't have a set up like Barcelona, nobody can replicate their success through youth.

Maybe you should back up your point?

Apologies. Got flustered last night because over something at the time of post.

On the subject, there were plenty of boardroom battles in Barcelona back then, Rijkaard weren't exactly getting the results on the pitch either and if you look through his Barcelona reign and their results, you will see how inconsistent they are compared to Guardiola's Barcelona. As a result of that, players became delusional & weren't performing due to the state of the club and there were some players that just generally weren't performing anymore.

It's far from being ignorant and I think I'm intelligent enough to make a decison for myself without having someone making patronising remarks to feed their ego.

If you're a Guardiola fanboy then good for you. Dominating a football match isn't the answer to everything. It may be nice on the eye, but when the going gets tough you need to adapt your game. He failed to do that and stuck with his "philosophy". You can praise him for that or criticise him. I'll stick with criticising him for now thanks.

If you cast your mind back several months, that's exactly what AVB done. Stuck to his philosophy, when things weren't going our way and he got the boot. Wether you can accept it or not, you can almost write the script before it happens. IF Guardiola arrives at Chelsea with the greatest intentions of changing how we play, he will not get the time to see it through. That's not me being ignorant nor am I illi-nformed on how wonderful he is, this is me making a decision based on how Romans mind works.

Why exactly did he need to change his gameplan against us? He was getting quality looks in the first game, and completely outplayed us. I don't think you understand just how historic our run was getting passed them. Since the possession stat had started to be counted, we were the first team to win with such a low percentage of the ball. What was it? 27%? We had 1 shot on target in the first game, and we scored. They hit the post 2 times, missed 2 easy tap ins, Messi missed a one on one. Same thing with the second game. You had Messi missing a penalty, etc, etc.

Why did he need to change his gameplan? Like I said, he was getting great looks, and with the quality he had on his team, he figured they'd eventually put away one of those plum chances they had.

Some of you are blinded for your love of Robbie and hate for Pep, that it decreases some of your ability to think rationally. It's like people saying that Bertrand was a great tactical choice when it came to the Bayern game... Well I watched it, and no it wasn't. Just because we won the game, all was forgotten, and people pointed to it as brilliance, and a sign of trust between player and manager. Fact was, it was Bertrand's first stinker in the senior team.

I don't want that tiki-tacky bullshit football at Chelsea.. if he tries to come here and force it upon us it will be another waste of time and money (avb anyone??). If he can come here and figure out what style works for us then maybe he's the next best thing assuming rdm doesn't get the job. Losing beautifully is still losing.

I don't want that tiki-tacky bullshit football at Chelsea.. if he tries to come here and force it upon us it will be another waste of time and money (avb anyone??). If he can come here and figure out what style works for us then maybe he's the next best thing assuming rdm doesn't get the job. Losing beautifully is still losing.

Yeah... Because during Pep's tenor he was a real loser...

SMH. People act as if this one loss was the defining moment in his career. Take a look at what he accomplished in such a short time. He sure was losing beautifully a lot... oh wait, not really.

Yeah... Because during Pep's tenor he was a real loser...

SMH. People act as if this one loss was the defining moment in his career. Take a look at what he accomplished in such a short time. He sure was losing beautifully a lot... oh wait, not really.

Assuming he comes... Do you think he will be smart enough to implement a system and formation that will rightly fit Chelsea? If his possession heavy barca like football doesn't work with the squad would he change his tactical philosophy to one that does? I'm a bit skeptical since his managerial career has been at Barcelona alone and we haven't seen any other strategy.

Assuming he comes... Do you think he will be smart enough to implement a system and formation that will rightly fit Chelsea? If his possession heavy barca like football doesn't work with the squad would he change his tactical philosophy to one that does? I'm a bit skeptical since his managerial career has been at Barcelona alone and we haven't seen any other strategy.

Because the philosophy of the club dictates that he play a certain way, Pep just happened to improve upon that philosophy. Also I think some people really are overlooking what the signings of Hazard, Hulk, Marin, Torres, De Bruyne and Mata actually mean. So many mentions of this thread of people afraid of us changing our style of okay, sans Drogba and with those players I mentioned we have no choice but to play flair football, unless you expect Torres to grow into a physical Drogba style monster over the Summer.

Why is there even a thread for this, everyone knows we ain't getting Guardiola.... hes not the sort of guy who can be tempted by cash. The relationship he had with Barcelona is unreal, he was born near there and then brought up through their youth academy, then into their first team under Cryuff and became a key player for them, then became the B team manager and then first team coach a few years later.

Everyone has their price apparently but I don't think hes going to come here to manage especially with the recent history for managers. AVB was installed to change the team was sacked, what if the same was to happen to Guardiola... and its not like it wont because they have very similar philosophies. Also the proposed talk of our academy developing better players if he arrives is crazy, we don't have a set up like Barcelona, nobody can replicate their success through youth.

I disagree, If he's offered a project in building a new squad playing a fresh style, with a near bottomless pit of money and with Roman trying to so had to bring him to the bridge you can be sure he'd be given time to rebuild, unlike AVB who had fallen out with everyone at the club so was never going to get any patience.

I don't think he'd come for the money alone no I think he needs something to work on, but you say he was so passionate and obsessed with Barcelona, yeah he was and probably still is, but he quit, ontop of which he's asked clubs to "seduce" him, so its not like he's never going to manage again is it?

Maybe not this season, but I honestly believe Pep's on his way to the bridge