Pep's Arrival

Probably wouldnt work. Barcelona changed their methods when Rinus Michels went there as manager (contrary to popular belief, they have not 'always played like that'). He proposed that the first team, down to the youth team all played the same system - They didn't win the Champions League (their first ever) for another 20 years...

One good reason to get him though is that they want him as a replacement for purpleface at the Theatre of Shit

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont get why people rate him SO high...

I want RDM to get the job but if we were going to give it too him, as 1st choice, he should of been given it long ago. Netwon has said he's in the dark again today. If Guardiola ends up rejecting us than he'll get it. But Guardiola is a genuinley outstanding manager. Unlike AVB his man management skills are very good. He inherited a good squad but the transformation was stunning. Tika-Taka football at it's consummate best. Here's a few examples:

At Chelsea he could yield the quality of Hazard, Mata, Torres and Hulk as his attacking options. He's proven it at the world stage. Di Matteo tried and stuck with an attacking style at West Brom, I remember going to the West Brom Chelsea game when Carlo was in charge and Didier got a hatrick - he didn't look he was going to go defensive and was sharing jokes with Chelsea fans giving us a wave whilst his team was losing 6-0 :dance: Nevertheless he has shown he has a Plan B, cementing his legacy as a Chelsea legend but Abramovich remains amendment in his pursuit for Pep.

You, sir, are delusional. Would you care to tell me what makes Pep so special? Tell me what makes u rate him higher than Mourihno? Or even Di Matteo?

Sure Pep did a good job at Barca, but for the love of god, look at the players he had at his disposal. Could any manager fail with them? And btw just remember they didnt win anything this season even with the players he had in barca. So again, what makes Pep so god damn special?

I for one would NEVER EVER want to see him in Chelsea. He wouldnt fit in as im SURE he wouldnt get along aswell with the players as other managers had, Di Matteo for instance.

But the key thing is that Di Matteo did EVERYTHING right and managed to win the title no1 ever could at chelsea, with not much at his dispoisal, no money to spend etc. And he took over at a critical time when we were basically SHIT.

So to all you Pep lovers, please explain to me wtf makes him so special?

Because I am a delusional I guess my opinion won't matter much.

But taking your logic I will ask, just cause RDM won the CL with Chelsea is he better then Mourinho cause he couldn't win it with Chelsea?

Because I am a delusional I guess my opinion won't matter much.

But taking your logic, I will ask, just cause RDM won the CL with Chelsea, is he better then Mourinho cause he couldn't win it with Chelsea?

That wasnt my logic at all. I dont see the logic in rating Pep above all just because of what he did at Barca with THOSE kind of players at his disposal. And btw most of the barca-playstyle today was grounded by Reijkard. So would you care to tell me what exacly makes Pep so well-suited for this job, more than Di Matteo?

just cause RDM won the CL with Chelsea, is he better then Mourinho cause he couldn't win it with Chelsea?

Obviously. Mourinho couldn't even win it with Chelsea's best squad, RDM won it with a mediocre team.

:Goober:

That wasnt my logic at all. I dont see the logic in rating Pep above all just because of what he did at Barca with THOSE kind of players at his disposal. And btw most of the barca-playstyle today was grounded by Reijkard. So would you care to tell me what exacly makes Pep so well-suited for this job, more than Di Matteo?

So your reasoning is that he won cause he got good players?

Well don't every top manager has them? Mourinho, SAF, Pep and such?

So your reasoning is that he won cause he got good players?

Well don't every top manager has them? Mourinho, SAF, Pep and such?

Could you stop avoiding answering my questions? Obviousley your rating Pep very high and im curious as to exacly why. What makes you think that he would be more suited to manage Chelsea than Di Matteo would?

What I am saying is that Pep hasnt managed another team than Barca and even comparing him with Mourinho is a disgrace and foolish. Look at Mourinhos success in each and every team he's been in.

I like RDM people, but let's be realistic here. Guardiola is clearly the better manager. It's not even close. Remember Avram Grant was one penalty kick away from winning the CL as well. Where is he now?

Could you stop avoiding answering my questions? Obviousley your rating Pep very high and im curious as to exacly why. What makes you think that he would be more suited to manage Chelsea than Di Matteo would?

What I am saying is that Pep hasnt managed another team than Barca and even comparing him with Mourinho is a disgrace and foolish. Look at Mourinhos success in each and every team he's been in.

Well your reasoning is base on having good players.

Mourinho had good players in his team.

Pep had good players in his team.

So if he comes to Chelsea with a team full of stars like Hazard, Hulk, Modric, Mata, Torres and much more, it will be the same thing.

The difference is that I like the style Pep implements. Not to mention he got a lot of youth playing as a lot of poster here point to as a plus.

I like RDM people, but let's be realistic here. Guardiola is clearly the better manager. It's not even close. Remember Avram Grant was one penalty kick away from winning the CL as well. Where is he now?

Guardiola is clearly the better manager?, stop it!, you all think he's going to come here and we are going to be the next Barcelona, not at all. He is an unproven manager, i could do well with Barcelona, yeah he was really good with decision making, but also made terrible buys and spent too much money on some players.

Di Matteo is underrated to fuck, people think he was too lucky, his tactics were spot on and have been 9 times out of 10 eversince he came over, just a few mistakes against Fulham.

The guy needs a chance, he did what only a few managers could do in the world with our team, and i wouldn't even conclude Pep in that list.

Also we don't need some spaniard out of no where to come and join us, we have the Chelsea Legend RDM and another legend Eddie Newton who never gets a mention.