David Luiz

the wes

When you let any player go, you have to factor in the cost of replacing them surely. Who do we replace Oscar with?

Plus swap deals are far rarer than posters on here make out.

Yep but it makes sense though Cavani is not too happy there atm with his role and to replace I would say Gritzemann and move Hazard or Willian to the middle. Or sign someone like Reus who could play any of those 3 CAM positions too

Yep but it makes sense though Cavani is not too happy there atm with his role and to replace I would say Gritzemann and move Hazard or Willian to the middle. Or sign someone like Reus who could play any of those 3 CAM positions too

Griezmann? Reus?

You do know we have quality players such as Atsu and Piazon out on loan for us who have been nothing short of spectacular at Vitesse right?

And get this, they're free.

Regardless, Selling Oscar would be ludicrous.

Griezmann? Reus?

You do know we have quality players such as Atsu and Piazon out on loan for us who have been nothing short of spectacular at Vitesse right?

Yeah but imagine losing Oscar and replacing him with Piazon/Atsu, the fans would cause an uproar but you are right that is a good option too.

Could do but financially it's a big hit and Oscar needs at least a season more here to prove himself. His form earlier in the season was spectacular but he's been shit in the second half (maybe a bit harsh).

Need to stick with young players like him who will have dips in form.

Griezmann? Reus?

Regardless, Selling Oscar would be ludicrous.

Atsu and Piazon need to be part of the squad in the summer but I'm not holding my breath on either of them.

Yeah but imagine losing Oscar and replacing him with Piazon/Atsu, the fans would cause an uproar but you are right that is a good option too.

Losing Oscar itself would be an uproar imo.

I know but he is atm one of our better player so obviously we are going to overvalue him.For Luiz Barca already willing to pay 25m, if PSG want then 30m is not too unrealistic.

Oscar and Luiz are not key players for us and the only reason it may appear as though they are is due to the quality and depth of our squad which a lot of fans including neutrals seem to overrate.

They wouldn't get into any elite side in Europe bar Barcelona (in luiz's case) but only because their defence is so rubbish.

If you mean straight swap then you must be joking. Oscar plus £18m for Cavani would be good business and no one is dumb enough to pay £30 plus for Luiz. we need to stop overrating our players.

If Cavani was playing in the EPL and had the season he had at PSG he would have been called a flop. Didn't live up to the expectation and his teammates are unhappy with his commitment. It is also rumored the player has told PSG that he won't play outwide again, unless Ibra amazingly decline over the summer he will play out wide again next season.

A straight swap between Oscar and Cavani would be a bad move already, adding cash to the deal would be ludicrous.

As for Luiz? PSG paid 45m for Marquinhos, you think they won't pay 30m+ for Luiz? We don't have to debate this because time will tell and Luiz will be sold for more then 30m.

Losing Oscar itself would be an uproar imo.

Spot on. Young players by their very nature are inconsistent (especially coming from another country) and need our SUPPORT. Yet some people simply want us to buy success rather than nurturing these youngsters.

Oscar has shown enough for anyone to realise he has a lot of talent. He just needs to get that consistency which will only come with patience.

Could do but financially it's a big hit and Oscar needs at least a season more here to prove himself. His form earlier in the season was spectacular but he's been shit in the second half (maybe a bit harsh).

Need to stick with young players like him who will have dips in form.

Atsu and Piazon need to be part of the squad in the summer but I'm not holding my breath on either of them.

Both would benefit this squad with much valuable depth and competition for Oscar. Both are ready to make the next step and having another signing would just ruin their development by them staying at Vitesse.

Oscar and Luiz are not key players for us and the only reason it may appear as though they are is due to the quality and depth of our squad which a lot of fans including neutrals seem to overrate.

They wouldn't get into any elite side in Europe bar Barcelona (in luiz's case) but only because their defence is so rubbish.

PSG, Arsenal, Liverpool, MU, Juve, Milan, Inter, Dortmund, Barca, Atletico and a few more would love them. I know they haven't been great this season but you are seriously underrating him

Except they would.....

Both would benefit this squad with much valuable depth and competition for Oscar. Both are ready to make the next step and having another signing would just ruin their development by them staying at Vitesse.

I agree that they both need a step-up, I'm just not sure if there's room for both of them here. Atsu probably has the best bet whereas Piazon could probably do with another loan. His first-half of the season was great but (like Oscar a bit) he seemed to struggle after Christmas.

I think both will get a chance in the summer, especially with Hazard, Oscar, Schurrle and Willian hopefully getting a holiday after the World Cup.

If Cavani was playing in the EPL and had the season he had at PSG he would have been called a flop. Didn't live up to the expectation and his teammates are unhappy with his commitment. It is also rumored the player has told PSG that he won't play outwide again, unless Ibra amazingly decline over the summer he will play out wide again next season.

In what world is 16 goals in 25 apps considered a flop? and that stats becomes even more impressive considering he hasn't been playing in his natural position as a striker. And it's silly to use the fact that he's been shoved out wide against him as his competition in the CF position is one of the top 5 players in the Europe/world in Ibrahimovic.

A straight swap between Oscar and Cavani would be a bad move already, adding cash to the deal would be ludicrous.

Do explain why it would be ridiculous as I don't have time to rhetorics. Cavani is undoubtedly a proven world class playerand one of the very best in his position. Oscar on the otherhand is just an inconsistent, overrated youngster who may or may not reach his potential (whatever that is)

As for Luiz? PSG paid 45m for Marquinhos, you think they won't pay 30m+ for Luiz? We don't have to debate this because time will tell and Luiz will be sold for more then 30m.

Marquinhos at the time of the transfer was rated accurately, alongside Varane, as the best young player in his position and was the third best defender in serie a behind Silva and Chiellini. no mean feat for such a young player. Luiz however has become a makeshift midfielder under Jose and his performances in defence over the last 16 months hasn't been conssitently good enough to warrant such a fee.

Moreover there's a difference between market value and the amount a player actually goes for. Otherwise that would make Andy carroll a £35m striker.

PSG, Arsenal, Liverpool, MU, Juve, Milan, Inter, Dortmund, Barca, Atletico and a few more would love them. I know they haven't been great this season but you are seriously underrating him

You can't be serious. Let's see

Firstly Milan and Inter are no longer European elite. I was referring to current standing, perhaps I should have made it clearer.

Arsenal Ozil,Carzola, Koscienly and Mertersacker (this season's form) >>>>> Oscar and Luiz (it's not even debatable really)

AM: Miranda, Godin, Koke and Turan >>> Luiz and oscar. again that's a no brainer

Barca midfielders are clearly superior to oscar and I have already stated Luiz will get into their defence

PSG: Silva,Marquinhos >>> Luiz and again like Juve, their system is AM centric.

Dortmund; Subotic,Hummels,Reus and Kuba >>> oscar and Luiz

Juventus doesn't play a system that incoporates AM but there midfielders are clearly superior to oscar and there's no way Luiz gets into their rock solid defence.

Liverpool;Coutinho,Agger and Skrtel >>> Luiz,Oscar

MU: Rooney,Mata>>>Oscar, Evans and Samlling although not as talented as Luiz are far more reliable in Defence.

Guys do you see Oscar? I was being seriously when I said we should consider that swap, he is beyond hopeless YET AGAIN in a meaningless game where we can play free flowing football and he does whatever he wants.