David Luiz

the wes

I think people have vastly different definitions of charisma too. Selfies, thumbs ups and sticking your tongue out whilst being a bit of a clown is one type of charisma. Bobby Moore, Roy Keane, JT etc. had a different type of charisma, but one that would inspire others. I'm not saying that Luiz isn't capable of that (indeed he's shown aspects of being a leader in the past) but I think his more exuberant personality is what some people find appealing.

Nope, personally I couldn't care about the selfies or the thumbs up or him sticking his tongue out. I'm talking about his passion on the pitch. There were plenty of times last season and even this season (less so because he's obviously played far less) where his passion drove on the team. Luiz has shown the qualities to be a leader on the pitch a lot in his time here. Even JT said in the past that he could see him as future captain here, so you're overstating his "exuberant" personality as the reason why he's appealing as a leader.

He's passionate on the pitch. He hasn't been so much this season (even then he's still had his moments) but that doesn't mean you can suddenly discard everything else in the past.

Yeah the dude is passionate can't take that away.

He said this season was shit, then that's because he has high standards.

Never want to have players like Arsenal that settled for top 4 every season!

Unless it's for an extortionate fee like £35m or more or we already have a deal agreed with a top class CM then I don't really think it's worth selling him. He's popular with the fans, he's popular in the locker room with the players, and he's versatile on the pitch. I can see the Brazilian players being devastated if he's gone, Oscar especially.

If Barca or Bayern want him they'll hopefully either have to pay a huge fee or swap a player for him that is excess to their needs but we're desperate for. Fabregas or Kroos would work for me. :)

i will die before seeing cunt fiberglass in the chelsea blue.

List of players that we could get to replace Luiz:

Carvalho

Khedira

Javi Martinez

Paulinho

Gonalons

Pogba

Witsel

Maybe Moutinho?

maybe just maybe Gundogan seeing as he is out of contract in 2016, only extended his deal by 1 year so if we offer like 35m they might sell

Lars Bender

Obviously all will cost 20-30m min but we could get any of them for the right offer. I am liking Pogba or Martinez

i will die before seeing cunt fiberglass in the chelsea blue.

He's a Grade A cunt for sure, but is world class on his day. He's being both under utilized and played out of position often times at Barca. Don't think their supporters are too in love with him either.

Similarly to Suarez or Costa if he'd help us win matches I don't care.

This kind of move ain't happening, of coarse.

He's a Grade A cunt for sure, but is world class on his day. He's being both under utilized and played out of position often times at Barca. Don't think their supporters are too in love with him either.

Similarly to Suarez or Costa if he'd help us win matches I don't care.

This kind of move ain't happening, of coarse.

costa is a cunt on the pitch. but when he does all those cuntish things for us, we will praise him for that.

fiberglass on the other is a in every sense of the word.a grade-a cunt. he is a cry-baby, his loser mentality is their for every1 to see. he will be north of 30mil easy, and for that amount we can get someone like kroos/rakitic who are as good.

costa is a cunt on the pitch. but when he does all those cuntish things for us, we will praise him for that.

fiberglass on the other is a in every sense of the word.a grade-a cunt. he is a cry-baby, his loser mentality is their for every1 to see. he will be north of 30mil easy, and for that amount we can get someone like kroos/rakitic who are as good.

Come on. Rakitic isn't close to Fabregas' class yet.

Come on. Rakitic isn't close to Fabregas' class yet.

maybe not. but fabragas is a big match flop. he is a choker. he can never be the spine of a team, and any team that has him as its spine can never be successful. first arsenal and now a barcelona which was steam-rolling leagues and competition before he was foolishly forcefully grafted into the team.

rakitic might not be as good but he is quite good.

Some people really have problems. Even in the report the writer seems to dismiss the story as a simple rumor.

Luiz might end up in Barcelona next season, but at this point there is nothing.

I also thinks its unbelievable that some people think if he is sold, the money (30m) should be use to buy a CM or a striker.

Only optimistic Chelsea's fans, and the english press believe Terry is as good as 10 years ago: just remember his awful games in the end of the season, including an own goal in a decisive game, and a assist to a PSG goal, and a poor performance in the UCL semi-final.

Cahill had an overall good season, but I have misgivings about his performances the long term. In the most important game of the season he was everything but solid and comfortable.

That amount of money should be used to improve our defense. CB and another full back.

I read people saying get Shaw for 30mill and 25 mill for Luiz is a great deal .... :fainthv9::fainthv9::fainthv9:

Shaw would be first-choice left-back in most people's views so I can understand that.

What exactly is David Luiz's role at this club? He's not considered a central defender by Jose Mourinho so he's a midfielder? Oh right, he plays when Matic is cup-tied....which he won't be next season.

25 mil for Luiz is good business? Mourinho lovers are getting more insane day by day

£25 million for a substitute. But yeah, call people Mourinho lovers because they can see the sense in selling an under-utilised asset for a good price in order to buy more appropriate players.

The price being quotes is €25m, not £25m. I wouldn't sell him for €25m. I think we can do better than that for Luiz, especially in this crazy market. I think if we push it we can get around £30m for him. I wouldn't mind us selling him because we can do better at CM and he's a really good CB but he won't be fancied in the low block counter attacking system we're trying to implement here.

He's better off in a possession based side like Barcelona or Bayern, and I think we can easily get around £30m for him from those lot.