test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

BlueLion.

David Luiz

Started by BlueLion.,

8,523 posts in this topic
Tomo-91 is correct , i too think CB is his best position and he is our best CB.

However , he is still an upgrade over Mikel in midfield .

He is one of the worst CB I have ever seen in my short life :angry: .He is nothing compared to Terry ,when he was in best form.In the pivot I can see that he has talent and he can become a world class midfielder,if he works on his skills.I am convinced that every team would have problems facing Luiz in midfield,because David is a good tackler,he can pass the ball very well and he is able to score.I can´t understand,why everyone is seeing him as a CB.Every game I saw a lot of stupid mistakes,when Luiz played as a CB.He is one of the reasons,why we lost against Corinthians and the other reason was Torres,but that isn´t the topic right now.

He has everything to be a good,maybe very good midfielder and i am sure that he can play against big teams there as well.The chance is higher to win with Luiz as a midfielder than as a CB against good teams.He always gives me headaches,when he plays with Cahill as a CB.

All in all,I think that Luiz is a terrible CB,because he runs too often forward and then loses the ball.Mourinho would have killed him,if he did that under him.Luiz is a player,who always wants to score goals and as a defender you should know that it is your task to defend .I love Luiz as a person,but I hate him,when he plays at CB.In the pivot he plays like a god,so in that position I love him too :D

Sorry for my english.I am still learning it in school,so don´t kill me,when I did some grammar mistakes or something like that :getin:

Can we speak about Barry's tackling ability, how he gets bullied in the air, how his only way to recover the ball is to knock down the opponent with a late tackle?

WHAT THE?, IS THAT A LINE?, NO STATISTICS OR HUGE ANALYSIS?. Why i must say I'm surprised, and Barry is very average in those departments.

By the way please point out where i said Barry was good at that?, i was insisting on Barrys good work for the City team and the understanding he has. His technical abillities such as tackling especially isn't good. But he is clever for taking one for the team.

But shit i have just unleashed the Seb haven't i, NO PLEASE DON'T POST THE ALMIGHTY STATISTICS.

QUICK CHILDREN RUN, RUN FOR YOUR FUCKING LIVES.

Seriously I think people make a meal of Ramires' so called average passing range. He's not Xavi or Modric but you should look at Dembele... both him and Ramires are really similar in their way to carry the ball up, penetrate, recover the ball, cover a lot of ground...

But be sure of one thing: Ramires' horizontal play is far better than most think, when we look at Dembele who often does the wrong choice: coming back to the closed side of the play, passing again in a dense zone whereas he should play to Sandro then let him pick the other side.

Ramires has the intelligence to play backwards and horizontally at times, given his usual box to box and vertical play that's rather outstanding.

That's not said enough in my opinion. Ramires really is underrated; not only his incredible creative eye at the end of his runs to give great last deliveries. But also his quality as a midfielder, his passing range given his main playing style.

Most of the average/good box to box can't vary as much as Ramires does, most rush their last deliveries because they think the hardest thing was to beat 3 opponents and that nobody will care about the last choice

Shit i knew it, from a line to this, it's only a matter of time.

Seriously I think people make a meal of Ramires' so called average passing range. He's not Xavi or Modric but you should look at Dembele... both him and Ramires are really similar in their way to carry the ball up, penetrate, recover the ball, cover a lot of ground...

But be sure of one thing: Ramires' horizontal play is far better than most think, when we look at Dembele who often does the wrong choice: coming back to the closed side of the play, passing again in a dense zone whereas he should play to Sandro then let him pick the other side.

Ramires has the intelligence to play backwards and horizontally at times, given his usual box to box and vertical play that's rather outstanding.

That's not said enough in my opinion. Ramires really is underrated; not only his incredible creative eye at the end of his runs to give great last deliveries. But also his quality as a midfielder, his passing range given his main playing style.

Most of the average/good box to box can't vary as much as Ramires does, most rush their last deliveries because they think the hardest thing was to beat 3 opponents and that nobody will care about the last choice

For me Ramires and Dembele are not very similar.

They may cover a lot of ground but that's all. Ramires is excellent in counter-attacking, has more pace and can press quickly.

Dembele is stronger on the one on one challenge with his stronger body and the way he can hold the ball.

But I'm not a big fan of Dembele and our midfield in national team. All superb ball-holder with Witsel, Dembele, great ball tackler but no pace going forward. All resulting in passing the ball horizontally in front of the box, no space for speedier and trickier player to drive and causing more havoc in the opposing defence.

But it must be said that our coach is not very experienced lol. Our gameplan seems like the out-dated german way of playing when there was many one on one all over the pitch. We were a bit lucky against Serbia when they out-numbered us and combined quickly on the side as there is chaos when one player is beaten.

A mix of old-school german and british with a heavy focus on powerplay. The "wingers" starting the matches having often very average game with our bad fullback, slow buidl-up play of central midfield and are often isolated if they stay wide, only option being a cross with all the players already around the box with not many movements.

WHAT THE?, IS THAT A LINE?, NO STATISTICS OR HUGE ANALYSIS?. Why i must say I'm surprised, and Barry is very average in those departments.

By the way please point out where i said Barry was good at that?, i was insisting on Barrys good work for the City team and the understanding he has. His technical abillities such as tackling especially isn't good. But he is clever for taking one for the team.

But shit i have just unleashed the Seb haven't i, NO PLEASE DON'T POST THE ALMIGHTY STATISTICS.

QUICK CHILDREN RUN, RUN FOR YOUR FUCKING LIVES.

This made me laugh, haha.

I need to get out more.
Kojo likes this

Don't read it then. No one is forcing you to. We're just voicing our opinions (what a form is for).

I know what a forum is for you doughnut.. and in the same sense that also means I can voice my opinions. Think before you speak in future, you can come accross as rather contradicting when opposing my post.

This whole positioning argument...

Someone show me the 'blueprint' for success - show me that if Luiz had been in position X instead of Y we would have done ABC

Luiz was closing down higher up the pitch and stopped Norwich passing as much, relying on longer balls or putting themselves under pressure - when was the last time we had a player do that!!!

I don't buy it - I don't buy he's as bad as some of you make out, he's dominating the midfield and doing everything he can to get the ball back... He created at least 1 goal scoring opportunity - I'm sure there was a second too!

Ok his shots were very wayward, but it shows confidence and if one had crept in, people's reactions would be so different.

Can we just agree to hold the 'venom' for a little while and give him at least 10 games ;)

kellzfresh and GodZola like this

It's sensible. You play the dynamic, attacking 'defensive' midfielder against the shit teams. You then have an extra attacker and are bound to win handsomely. Just like what happened against Villa.

Then you play the defensive midfielder in the big games against the good teams, where you need positional discipline.

Ergo, against the Villas of this world we'll see Luiz in midfield. When Manchester United come knocking, he can warm the bench and Mikel can have a game.

Or you could play him CB. Just because he's had a few good games in the pivot doesn't mean he's now useless as a CB.

Please quote me when I said he is useless as a centre-back.

For the record, he's useless as a centre-back. Ivanovic and Cahill are our best pairing.

Never said you did but there you go. I don't think Ivanovic and Cahill are our best pair at all, that goes to Luiz and Terry for me. Obviously there's a massive gulf of difference between opinion here so we'll just agree to disagree.

It's sensible. You play the dynamic, attacking 'defensive' midfielder against the shit teams. You then have an extra attacker and are bound to win handsomely. Just like what happened against Villa.

Then you play the defensive midfielder in the big games against the good teams, where you need positional discipline.

Ergo, against the Villas of this world we'll see Luiz in midfield. When Manchester United come knocking, he can warm the bench and Mikel can have a game.

Spot on!!

I've said exactly this a lot of times.

Mikel against the top teams which attack more, and luiz against smaller teams for trashing.

For the record, he's useless as a centre-back. Ivanovic and Cahill are our best pairing.

For the record Cahill is by far the worst CB since Boulahourz, but the dutch could play also as a full back, so he was more useful. Luiz as a CB play really good the big games, while Cahill used to fuck everythig in the big games.

I'm happy both RDM and Benitez realiazed it, since Cahill is always the last option for that position.

BLionheart and Madmax like this

For the record Cahill is by far the worst CB since Boulahourz, but the dutch could play also as a full back, so he was more useful. Luiz as a CB play really good the big games, while Cahill used to fuck everythig in the big games.

I'm happy both RDM and Benitez realiazed it, since Cahill is always the last option for that position.

:lol: You're a funny man.

He started his career as a midfielder but nearly got realized due to poor performances in that position.

I actually think Rafa has been clever putting him in against teams who won't attack us that much, but there was a reason he wasn't put there against Corinthians. CB is still is best position for me.

It seems you dont know that much about Luiz. João Paulo, his coach at that time, realized he was strugling to play with his back to the opponent, because he was still growing up. Yeah, he was 17 years old. So I dont know why you are talking about this, because right now he is 25 years old.

:lol: You're a funny man.

Perhaps I'm funny, but I think we should have more english players like Lampard, Terry and Joe Cole, so avarage players like Cahill dont get overrated. Cahill is like Huth.

Take your time to read this, you will have lots of fun, but at least you will realize the same things I say about Cahill right now, are almost the same things this guy was saying about him almost one year ago when he still was a Bolton defender:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1012915-chelsea-transfer-rumors-eight-reasons-not-to-sign-gary-cahillhttp://bleacherreport.com/articles/1012915-chelsea-transfer-rumors-eight-reasons-not-to-sign-gary-cahill