David Luiz

the wes

EXCLUSIVE: Luiz raid! Barcelona to bid £35m for Chelsea defender

lol

Luiz as long term replacement for Puyol, because of his hair style?

Obviously pure speculation, but if it were to come to fruition...

He is finally becoming a reliable DEFENDER, to complement his extraordinary technical and attacking abilities for a centre back. I would like to hope he stays at Chelsea for the next few years and the potential to form a solid partnership with Gary Cahill for the next 5+ years considering the age of both is very exciting. From what I understand he's also fallen in love with Chelsea and us as fans love him.

£35m is a lot of money for a centre back and would represent a very good profit on the £21m we paid nearly 18 months ago. However I really believe he has the potential to be one of the, if not the best centre back in world football within 2-3 years.

If Barcelona were willing to part with such money I would only sell if he expressed a wish to move to them. And then, I would want at least £30m plus a couple of their talented youngsters to sweeten any deal.

But at least until the summer, pure speculation, and I will continue to enjoy David Luiz playing for our club!

I just don't see Thiago Silva leaving Milan if I'm honest. From the way he's spoken before and such, it looks like he wants to stay at Milan for a very long time. I even remember him saying he wants to be the future long-term captain from them, he absolutely loves Milan.

Which is why it wouldn't surprise me if Barcelona came in for Luiz. Obviously not for £35million, this is silly for a defender, especially when they're supposedly put off by the £30million valuation Milan placed on Silva.

What I fear is this silly board will see the word "profit" in their eyes & sell..

I just don't see Thiago Silva leaving Milan if I'm honest. From the way he's spoken before and such, it looks like he wants to stay at Milan for a very long time. I even remember him saying he wants to be the future long-term captain from them, he absolutely loves Milan.

Which is why it wouldn't surprise me if Barcelona came in for Luiz. Obviously not for £35million, this is silly for a defender, especially when they're supposedly put off by the £30million valuation Milan placed on Silva.

What I fear is this silly board will see the word "profit" in their eyes & sell..

If that was the case Terry would be long gone when City were offering £30 million.

When it comes to big names it seems the board are too scared of selling (even if its needed) because it might cause an uproar. I remember Bruce Buck saying that they did not ant to sell Drogba last summer becuase it might of upsetted some fans.

If that was the case Terry would be long gone when City were offering £30 million.

When it comes to big names it seems the board are too scared of selling (even if its needed) because it might cause an uproar. I remember Bruce Buck saying that they did not ant to sell Drogba last summer becuase it might of upsetted some fans.

Perhaps. But I don't know, I just seem them letting Luiz go, especially if they're paranoid about FFP.. Just hope they don't though, because with Terry's injury niggles I'm not really sure who we could really get in Luiz's place, especially after he's forming a good partnership with Cahill.

Terry did not want to leave. He said it more than once that the club gave him the choice. I think if David wants to leave, the board can't stop him.

Really? Took his time until Chelsea offered him a big fat paycheck, then he did not want to leave.

My sentiments entirely. It makes it difficult for the club to keep some of the experienced players here because they're all on huge wages compared to what we are paying now to new signings (besides Torres). Eventually these younger players who continue to perform for the club will ask for wages to match the older players who's influence on the pitch will continue to wane. The only way the club can deal with the FFP is by streamlining the wage bill - this wouldn't be as big a problem as people think IF we didn't have 5 or 6 of the old guard on ridiculous wages!