David Luiz

the wes

I am going to use that 11 match stat if some muppet slags him off at West Brom

There are however no stats that will tell you about his mental deficiencies. Of the 27 conceded he's likely been directly responsible for 7 whilst Boswinga can be held accountable for the other 20 :D

Bosingwa 15, Cech 5 ;)

Let's make something clear - he does make mistakes.

But and a big but(t) let's make another thing clear - as the time is passing by the amount of those mistakes is smaller and smaller.

He is becoming one of our key players and you are yet to see best from him when we switch to highline, fix our midfield and reinforce that left wing.

Sideshow Bob future Chelsea legend afro-smiley-red.png

He cops way too much flak from the media, and the commentary box in games. Any little blunder is brought up and discussed for 15 minutes. I'm not exactly sure why, but, it is.

I personally feel most comfortable with Luiz in defense and when he has the ball, in regard to any of the other defenders having the ball at their feet. I honestly believe he's the most sure of himself out of our back-line and he plays with a real vigor and aggression. Out of our current squad, I'd say he's one of the few world class players we have on the team, and is the only one that is constantly looking to get us forward and the offense moving.

Put it this way for one mistake he makes, he prevent's numerous chances to the opposition that go unnoticed.

Infact it's when he is not playing that makes me most realize just how important he is we only need to look at the Arsenal game to realize how important a defender he really is. Our defence lost the plot that day.

Another thing how has Luiz only got 43 pages while Torres has nearly 250? just no justice in the world.

Apparently he just cost Brazil a goal?

The goal wasn't his fault but he was also at fault. He kept running backwards, allowing the Ibisevic to get closer and closer to the box. But that shot never should've gone in though, terrible goalkeeping by Cesar (though tbf, the ball bounced suddenly but still).

The goal wasn't his fault but he was also at fault. He kept running backwards, allowing the Ibisevic to get closer and closer to the box. But that shot never should've gone in though, terrible goalkeeping by Cesar (though tbf, the ball bounced suddenly but still).

He couldn't have closed him down because it was a two-on-one situation. Had he closed him down, the player would've simply made the pass and his team mate would've found himself unmarked and facing the goal. I actually think he made the right choice by trying to delay his decision till one of the midfielders returned to cover.

What?! Alves lost the ball and Julio cesar let in one of the softest shots ever. There is no way it was his fault.

Ah fair enough, didn't see the goal myself.

He couldn't have closed him down because it was a two-on-one situation. Had he closed him down, the player would've simply made the pass and his team mate would've found himself unmarked and facing the goal. I actually think he made the right choice by trying to delay his decision till one of the midfielders returned to cover.

I disagree. The players running back were too far away and Ibisevic's teammate wasn't in the best position to shoot I think. I'm not at all blaming him for the goal but he should've tried to disposses him imo.