David Luiz

the wes

He's the only one that takes any initiative in games, apart from Mata. The rest are simply going through the motions. Every time he goes forward, he's frantically signalling for someone to make a run. Just shows how static the rest of them are.You know it's a sad state of affairs when your central defender is the one trying to spur the team on and create something.

The run yesterday where he jinxed past 3 or 4 players and was making his way towards the penalty area was superb. Managed to get a free-kick in a good position too.

This is from weaintgotnohistory about that run:

For our first example I'll take a look at a marauding run by David Luiz on about the half hour mark. This is the run that eventually led to an excellent chance from a free kick, but really should have had better results from open play.

Bad_run_1_medium.PNG

As Luiz begins to turn to run towards the center of the pitch he has two excellent ares in which to play the ball to Torres. For a player of Luiz's ability either are fairly routine balls, so all Fernando has to do is make up his mind and pick one of the three runs I've drawn in. Any of those three will leave Luiz one on one and Ryan Bertrand with his defender on the outside shoulder. Looks like a golden opportunity...

Bad_run_2_medium.PNG

After failing to be decisive with his run Fernando decided to make the worthless run I've marked in grey. This cut off Ryan Bertrand's potentially excellent run and allowed the entire defense to collapse on Luiz, leaving him with only the unoccupied areas marked to pass the ball away to. Luckily for Chelsea, Luiz was fouled and we were bailed out. David Luiz wouldn't be the only one burned by an awful Torres decision though...

Didn't post that just to hate on Torres but basically most of our players are the same way. They are just so fucking static all the time

He's the only one that takes any initiative in games, apart from Mata. The rest are simply going through the motions. Every time he goes forward, he's frantically signalling for someone to make a run. Just shows how static the rest of them are.You know it's a sad state of affairs when your central defender is the one trying to spur the team on and create something.

The run yesterday where he jinxed past 3 or 4 players and was making his way towards the penalty area was superb. Managed to get a free-kick in a good position too.

This is from weaintgotnohistory about that run:

Didn't post that just to hate on Torres but basically most of our players are the same way. They are just so fucking static all the time

I guess Torres is looking for those Messi type passes. :Goober:

He needs to stop these clownish moments he has every few games. Because otherwise he is a good defender. His mistakes are costing us goals. The problem is that it's not a result of lack of ability but a lack of concentration and a simple matter of using his BRAIN to decide what's the better option.

He will hopefully learn. He has tremendous potential.

The media go crazy everytime something happens. For example, did anyone from the media actually blame Cole for that third goal yesterday?!?! Nope. All I saw was them saying that Cole's exclusion from the starting line-up was scandalous. Ridiculous.

His mistakes are bad and he needs to learn - quickly. But he is not the only problem we have. People should take a look at Cole, Cahill and Ivanovic's performances yesterday as well. Luiz's mistake "gifted" them a goal but none of the others were any better.

I imagine Andre is not at all pleased with David, that third goal cost us a lot especially that we probably got the equalizer had we not conceded.

Tbf...It was Ashley Cole that allowed Cavani to ghost in, just like he did to Ivanovic. But yeah Luiz should have just booted the ball. Careless...

I am going to use that 11 match stat if some muppet slags him off at West Brom

There are however no stats that will tell you about his mental deficiencies. Of the 27 conceded he's likely been directly responsible for 7 whilst Boswinga can be held accountable for the other 20 :D