David Luiz

the wes

He's still learning but he worries me as someone who's due to make a big fuck up. You can see it coming even if he's playing well and looking solid, expect the unexpected. On his debut, he got MOTM i think against Fulham but still managed to concede a last minute penalty. Sums the guy up.

He has the makings tho to be awesome, i still see him as a midfielder tho. The guy scores goals, can pass a ball and dribbles past 4 players on marauding runs. yeah... our CB lol.

Just don't know what to make of him.

Exactly my thoughts. He's awful as a CB at times and seems to be struggling with this constant urge to go forward. IMO the QPR game really showed what he's capable of - the screw ups in the first half ....the brilliance in the second.

Its important how AVB shapes him from here on since he's got a lot of talent but needs to get his head sorted out. IMO in the long term he has much more to offer as a midfielder.

I'm quite bewildered by the criticism he's got for yesterdays performance. Thought he did quite well! Anyone agree?

Just what i thought but hey with Mikel and Kalou not on the pitch a 3rd choice scapegoat was needed.

:doh: :doh: Blaming Luiz again !!!!

You know what , whether you like it or not he is our best defender atm , better than alex,Iva and even JT , specially with this high defensive line and i think AVB has noticed that as well.

And btw Luiz yesterday was our best player after Romue , and for those who claimed he could have been sent off , he had only one yellow card due to simulation not because of rush tackles , i didn't check the game's stats but i am sure he had the most tackles and interceptions in both teams , not good at defending , ehh !

I need you on my facebook when i get the Luiz haters writing shit on my page :lol:

:doh: :doh: Blaming Luiz again !!!!

You know what , whether you like it or not he is our best defender atm , better than alex,Iva and even JT , specially with this high defensive line and i think AVB has noticed that as well.

And btw Luiz yesterday was our best player after Romue , and for those who claimed he could have been sent off , he had only one yellow card due to simulation not because of rush tackles , i didn't check the game's stats but i am sure he had the most tackles and interceptions in both teams , not good at defending , ehh !

Luiz's consistency in that back-line is the most pleasing thing I've noticed.

He's repaying André's trust with every start too, since he's improving every game.

The problem is that people still compare him to old-school CBs like Terry, Ferdinand, Alex etc. and don't get that even defenders change, especially when you play with a high line defense. The defenders' duties are not longer just blocking shots, tackling and heading, they also have to be able show mobility, good passing and good ball movement, and Luiz is one of the most modern CBs nowadays. He has it all except for experience but he'll keep improving.

I take it you didn't watch more than half of our games in 09/10?

I meant in the new system adopted by AVB, except in corners, I don't remembering him ever covering for the center-halves or fullbacks. This was most evident in our game vs Aresnal.

Why was Luiz getting stick after yesterday? He fucked up on the second goal but he wasn't that bad.

He did nothing wrong in the second goal in my opinion. Ramires gave away the unnecessary FK and Lukaku was marking (or rather not marking) kelly.