test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

BlueLion.

David Luiz

Started by BlueLion.,

8,498 posts in this topic
1 minute ago, Vesper said:

25 man roster with Luiz leaving

this has to be it

GK      Kepa, Willie, Cumming

CB      Rudiger, AC, Zouma, Tomori

LB      Emerson, Alonso

RB      Azpi, Reece

DH DMF    Jorginho

CMF     Kante, Kovacic

AMF      RLC, Mount, Barkley

LW       CHO, Willian

RW      Pulisic, Pedro

Utility player     Kenedy

CF     Giroud, Bats, Tammy

that is 25

assuming DD, Baka and Zappa go

 

I can't believe we paid 100 mil for those last 3 names, the absolute state.

Dazzy_Vance, Atomiswave and Vesper like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Vesper said:

25 man roster with Luiz leaving

this has to be it

GK      Kepa, Willie, Cumming

CB      Rudiger, AC, Zouma, Tomori

LB      Emerson, Alonso

RB      Azpi, Reece

DH DMF    Jorginho

CMF     Kante, Kovacic

AMF      RLC, Mount, Barkley

LW       CHO, Willian

RW      Pulisic, Pedro

Utility player     Kenedy

CF     Giroud, Bats, Tammy

that is 25

assuming DD, Baka and Zappa go

 

I would be happy if Alonso was to go aswell 😁

Vesper likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, the wes said:

I would be happy if Alonso was to go aswell 😁

I was REALLY hoping that we would boot him to AM and blood in Juan Familia-Castillo

do that switch and I would be so happy with the squad, sink or swim (as long as Zappa, DD, and Baka go too)

that would leave (literally) only one troublemaker left on the whole squad... Willian, and he can be contained and is also by FAR the best of that lot

Kenedy has really pleasantly surprised me, and he seems to have also matured a lot, I think he learned his lesson from that Chinese cock-up

he is talented, and I so hope has a great year as a squad player, Lamps obviously sees something in him, and obviously in Tomori as well (we all must be honest, Luiz out is all Frank)

Atomiswave likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are people really outraged about selling a 32 year old who obviously isnt first choice for 8m?

He is on over £100,000 a week and has a 2 year deal. Do the maths, 8m transfer fee plus not having to pay a minimum 5m salary for another 2 years.

Sure we could have maybe gotten 10m or 12m or 15m but he doesnt want to be here, isnt the managers first choice, theres 4 other CBs at the club and really other than his passing he isnt quite good enough.

Fernando, RJBOfficial and the wes like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Are people really outraged about selling a 32 year old who obviously isnt first choice for 8m?

 

I'm gald to see him go Mustafi and luiz are going to be fun to watch 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Are people really outraged about selling a 32 year old who obviously isnt first choice for 8m?

He is on over £100,000 a week and has a 2 year deal. Do the maths, 8m transfer fee plus not having to pay a minimum 5m salary for another 2 years.

Sure we could have maybe gotten 10m or 12m or 15m but he doesnt want to be here, isnt the managers first choice, theres 4 other CBs at the club and really other than his passing he isnt quite good enough.

Rudiger is not back till September. Zouma and Christensen does not look a solid duo. We took this into consideration when originally giving him a contract and money is not an issue here. We have sold Hazard for what could be worth £130m. It is stupid to sell him to a team who are crying out for a CB. There is no sense in the deal. Tomori should not even be considered first team quality right now and should be 4th choice. I don't like to sound pessimistic but I think the frailties will show during the season.

Supermonkey92 and Strike like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Stats said:

Rudiger is not back till September. Zouma and Christensen does not look a solid duo. We took this into consideration when originally giving him a contract and money is not an issue here. We have sold Hazard for what could be worth £130m. It is stupid to sell him to a team who are crying out for a CB. There is no sense in the deal. Tomori should not even be considered first team quality right now and should be 4th choice. I don't like to sound pessimistic but I think the frailties will show during the season.

If we're talking about defensive stability, then it's highly debatable whether we are actually better in there with Luiz. A lot of the combinations look fragile, one way or another.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Being dispassionate, it's not the end of the world. We will be shit passing out the back. Christensen is so overrated his passing is  myth. And it's undoubtedly going to strengthen arsenal. 

 

Having said that - we weren't finishing top 4 anyway. Top 3 is sorted, we'd have to beat United and arsenal with no hazard whilst arsenal have improved with Pepe. 

We weren't getting top 4 anyways so I don't see our positioning in the league change much. We won't actually be losing out. 

This has revealed he's a cunt. An unreliable lying cunt. He came here in what, 2010? 2 seasons apart, he's been here the whole time. He's going to look back on his career and Chelsea will be his main time. Prick. I moan at CHO for not loyalty but he's young and gullible. David. You cunt. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jason said:

If we're talking about defensive stability, then it's highly debatable whether we are actually better in there with Luiz. A lot of the combinations look fragile, one way or another.

He is the only real leader from the back too. I don't see any sense in this at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Stats said:

He is the only real leader from the back too. I don't see any sense in this at all.

Highly debatable when he tends to commit mistakes and really doesn't give you the defensive solidity that someone like Terry used to give in the backline. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wonder if Lamps will have the stones to directly expose the reason for this sudden fallout or he'll play the dignified diplomat and just wish him well and urge us to move on.

I really wanna know how a dude who's essentially a captain for us, who just signed a new deal a few months ago, and who has been excited about the new challenge this season can just suddenly want out. Something untenable must have happened.

Have to wonder if his departure effects his mates in the squad. He was clearly super close with Willian, Jorginho, and Emerson. Guess they'll still be living in the same city so will still see each other off the pitch.

kellzfresh, Robchels, Strike and 1 other like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Jason said:

Highly debatable when he tends to commit mistakes and really doesn't give you the defensive solidity that someone like Terry used to give in the backline. 

But do our other options give you that defensive solidarity?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Stats said:

Rudiger is not back till September. Zouma and Christensen does not look a solid duo. We took this into consideration when originally giving him a contract and money is not an issue here. We have sold Hazard for what could be worth £130m. It is stupid to sell him to a team who are crying out for a CB. There is no sense in the deal. Tomori should not even be considered first team quality right now and should be 4th choice. I don't like to sound pessimistic but I think the frailties will show during the season.

People were wanting Zouma back after his season at Everton and also wanting Tomori as part of this using youth carry on. Defensively Kurt, (although he can still improve a lot), Andreas and Rudiger are better than David Luiz. That is a fact.

Its probably been hard for Christensen and Zouma to have looked solid as a duo when they have played the equivalent of maybe 4 games together. Then as well in most of our pre season games we have been all over the place defensively as a unit. Whole back 4. Luiz arguably been the worst out of all the senior CBs weve used in pre season too.

Yes Arsenal are crying out for a CB but we arent selling them Nesta or Maldini are we. There getting an error prone David Luiz, aged 32, on high wages.

No sense? What sense is there in keeping someone who isnt regarded as a key player here or who doesnt want to be here without even taking into consideration his football ability. Taking his ability as a defender into consideration, it heavily favours selling in my eyes. Yes he can pass well but what goods that when the other teams strikers are running off him or hes all over the place or hes caught out of position... these arent new things either, these are things we have been saying since he arrived in 2011.

Yes Tomori maybe needs to grow yet but being 4th choice and mainly playing cup games, hardly as if we are making him the cornerstone of our defense. 

Defensive frailties are already on show.  Like I said Luiz was all over the place in pre season most matches and our back 4 as a unit was out of sync. The whole back 4 needs to improve yeah but dumping Luiz and building round another 2 younger CBs is an ideal way to move forward.

25 minutes ago, the wes said:

I'm gald to see him go Mustafi and luiz are going to be fun to watch 

Exactly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Jason said:

Highly debatable when he tends to commit mistakes and really doesn't give you the defensive solidity that someone like Terry used to give in the backline. 

The solid England cbs rarely made mistakes in the many WCs I’ve watched. They were still beaten and goals scored against their teams. The importance of solidity is misrepresented esp these days where most teams employ a variation of total football of the past.

Sorry, but I just can’t see how losing another important player during the window we can’t sign players as a positive esp considering we are in the UCL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Wonder if Lamps will have the stones to directly expose the reason for this sudden fallout or he'll play the dignified diplomat and just wish him well and urge us to move on.

I really wanna know how a dude who's essentially a captain for us, who just signed a new deal a few months ago, and who has been excited about the new challenge this season can just suddenly want out. Something untenable must have happened.

Have to wonder if his departure effects his mates in the squad. He was clearly super close with Willian, Jorginho, and Emerson. Guess they'll still be living in the same city so will still see each other off the pitch.

Hopefully wish him well and forget about it fast, no reason to drag ourselves in another drama in press.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Rudiger is fit, and Frank has told Luiz that he prefers Rudi & Christensen and Zouma as first choice, then he's thrown his toys out and needs to calm down. We'll need Luiz over a long, gruelling season. Apparently he did train, but not with the first team, so I'd assume he's not first choice for Sunday, so had a paddy.

Atomiswave and Iggy Doonican like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

People were wanting Zouma back after his season at Everton and also wanting Tomori as part of this using youth carry on. Defensively Kurt, (although he can still improve a lot), Andreas and Rudiger are better than David Luiz. That is a fact.

Its probably been hard for Christensen and Zouma to have looked solid as a duo when they have played the equivalent of maybe 4 games together. Then as well in most of our pre season games we have been all over the place defensively as a unit. Whole back 4. Luiz arguably been the worst out of all the senior CBs weve used in pre season too.

Yes Arsenal are crying out for a CB but we arent selling them Nesta or Maldini are we. There getting an error prone David Luiz, aged 32, on high wages.

No sense? What sense is there in keeping someone who isnt regarded as a key player here or who doesnt want to be here without even taking into consideration his football ability. Taking his ability as a defender into consideration, it heavily favours selling in my eyes. Yes he can pass well but what goods that when the other teams strikers are running off him or hes all over the place or hes caught out of position... these arent new things either, these are things we have been saying since he arrived in 2011.

Yes Tomori maybe needs to grow yet but being 4th choice and mainly playing cup games, hardly as if we are making him the cornerstone of our defense. 

Defensive frailties are already on show.  Like I said Luiz was all over the place in pre season most matches and our back 4 as a unit was out of sync. The whole back 4 needs to improve yeah but dumping Luiz and building round another 2 younger CBs is an ideal way to move forward.

 

11 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I love(d) Luiz but his leadership qualities atleast on the pitch have always been overrated. The one time he was seriously relied on to take charge of things and lead his side through a huge game they wound up 5 down after half an hour.

While we will miss his ball playing ability, he's not going to walse into Arsenal and organize that defense.

He will defo Improve that Arsenal defence imo. Time will tell, but I think they will finish above both us and United. Luiz strengthens them. He is better than all their current CB and will also help create chances for their attack. Even if he may not be Lamps first choice, he would get a lot of games and under no circumstances, should we be selling him to a PL rival. Not like this was a Mata situation where we got a lot of money at time. Think we will regret this but time will tell.

Robchels likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Stats said:

But do our other options give you that defensive solidarity?

No but Luiz doesn't give that either. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.