David Luiz

the wes

I find it hypocritical how other ex players who fit the profile get zero respect from huge majority of Chelsea fans and no one publicly comes to their defence. Salomon kalou being a perfect example. He contributed to our success in the past as well and was one of the nicest and funniest personalities in the dressing room but I guess his lack of Brazilian nationality and curly hair counted against the Ivorian.

I have no problem with the showing respect part but it has to be one rule for all and no preferential treatment.

Cause no one is celebrating their failure? People are over the moon with David Luiz and his country getting thumped while he was captain. What are you even talking about? It has nothing to do with him being Brazilian or his hair.

I find it hypocritical how other ex players who fit the profile get zero respect from huge majority of Chelsea fans and no one publicly comes to their defence. Salomon kalou being a perfect example. He contributed to our success in the past as well and was one of the nicest and funniest personalities in the dressing room but I guess his lack of Brazilian nationality and curly hair counted against the Ivorian.

I have no problem with the showing respect part but it has to be one rule for all and no preferential treatment.

You're barking up the wrong tree here mate because I always liked Kalou and defended him both here and elsewhere when others abused him. Everyone gets frustrated if players don't perform, we all do it sometimes, but when someone leaves the club then that's all in the past and as long as the departure is not under bitter circumstances with the player being disrespectful towards the club I honestly have no idea why the abuse should continue.

Because it's nice to be proven right. I'm petty like that sometimes.

I also dislike him as a player because I think he's all about himself on the pitch, like Stevie Me on steroids. Look at his Hollywood passes - half the time a simple pass would be better but he loves the attention (ironic I know).

Can't fault him for the 2012 Final but so many times people have tried to tell me that his inherent faults weren't important because his talents (of which he has many) compensated for them....but they don't. He basically embodies everything I dislike about some modern sportspeople. Team sports are about self-sacrifice and doing your job, even if it doesn't get all the glory....that isn't David Luiz.

Watch fucking tape of attackers and learn how to mark rather than practicing fucking free kicks. You're a defender. But less people notice an inability to mark attackers than those who will laud a 30 yard screamer (which he really didn't score that many of). What's going to get you on the front page of a newspaper???

Oh, and that post-match interview. This is the translation I've read so I apologise if it's incorrect.

I just wanted to give joy to the people who suffer so much. Unfortunately we could not, sorry everyone, all Brazilians. I just wanted to see people smiling. Everyone knows how important it was for me. I wanted to see everyone happy. [Germany] were better prepared. It is a day of great sadness and a lot of learning too.”

Four uses of the word 'I' or 'Me', one use of the word 'we'. Sums him up.

Also the way he always jumps in front of the que to take free kicks, at one time he basically monopolised the set piece taking dutydespite having poor conversion rate. The Stoke city with hazard sums him up in a nutshell.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/cheeky-eden-hazard-stole-a-free-kick-from-david-luiz-chelsea-3-stoke-0/

he was very gutted about it too

Cause no one is celebrating their failure? People are over the moon with David Luiz and his country getting thumped while he was captain. What are you even talking about? It has nothing to do with him being Brazilian or his hair.

I agree with the overall sentiment of jype but what i'm trying to point out is the contrasting views and treatment of two set of players who have equally contributed towards the success of this club and amazing personalities which are the qualities highlighted in his post. why does kalou for example generally gets treated differently than Luiz? They should both be treated with equal amount of respect

You're barking up the wrong tree here mate because I always liked Kalou and defended him both here and elsewhere when others abused him. Everyone gets frustrated if players don't perform, we all do it sometimes, but when someone leaves the club then that's all in the past and as long as the departure is not under bitter circumstances with the player being disrespectful towards the club I honestly have no idea why the abuse should continue.

So you think Luiz and kalou gets equal amount of recognition and admiration from fans? despite having very similar personality and similar impact i.e largely frustrating, inconsistent but still contribute to the clubs success. Luiz too me is overrated and over pampered is the point I was trying to make.

I agree with the overall sentiment of jype but what i'm trying to point out is the contrasting views and treatment of two set of players who have equally contributed towards the success of this club and amazing personalities which are the qualities highlighted in his post. why does kalou for example generally gets treated differently than Luiz? They should both be treated with equal amount of respect

Well I still defend Kalou on here and will continue to defend and respect Luiz , Mata and KDB

Shows absolutely none of the basic intuition or decision making you need in a defender. He's a joke, but people like him because he's 'a character'. :clown:

He's like a Big Brother contestant or TOWIE character. No talent but somehow becomes popular with a certain type of person.

I don't know if Gary Neville really said this... but if he did it's absolutely correct:

"David Luiz seemed like he was being controlled by a 10-year-old on a PlayStation"

Every player does some errors, David Luiz does a lot of them but the worse part is that he thinks he is a midfielder or a ST:

We’ve learned nothing new about David Luiz this World Cup

What’s that? He’s a bit error-prone? His positioning’s all over the place? It’s true that Luiz had two truly abysmal games, but previously he’d been enjoying a fine tournament. PSG are a laughing stock for shelling out £50m to bring him in from Chelsea – but they knew all about his strengths and weaknesses when they signed him. Laurent Blanc won’t be doing cartwheels, but he’s seen nothing from Luiz that he didn’t already know.

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/the-rio-report/seven-truths-david-luiz-jo-brazil-picked-222003177.html