David Luiz

the wes

I liked Luiz, he was different and I remember when we were playing very lacklustre and unimaginative football, Luiz was one of the very few who seemed to want to do something every game. People weren't putting it past him to become a future captain. For all his faults, I liked him. But it was clear he didn't fit anywhere in Mourinho's team - not a reliable defender, not exactly the kind of midfielder we want either. He surely will fit in another team with a different setup, it's just not us.

If the reported fee is correct, then it's a win win situation for the club and for him. He gets to play more, we just raised the funds to sign player(s) we can actually improve our team with. All in all, this transfer gets a thumbs up of approval from me.

This is a tough one...

For Brazil I have seen David put in Terry like performances - he had a few here, but couldn't match that consistency.

Calling him the worst defender ever is very harsh, but only to be expected from some people.

I have also watched (in person) some great goals and matches - I will always wish this guy well in the future (except against us)...

£50 million is amazing business.

Lets hope we invest wisely...

While I have doubts about the fee it's still PSG so I'm sure they offered an amount that was too good to turn down.

I'll remember Luiz as a unique defender that would have been very good had we developed our style of play beyond simply sitting deep with and counter-attacking.

Good luck to him.

I wish him the best of luck in Paris! David is a top quality player! and on his day he is one of the very best CB's in world football! he lacks consistency, but with Thiago Silva he always plays well! i have no doubt he will have a great World Cup and a great Career in Paris.

I laugh at those on here that are sort of ridiculing Luiz's talent. Bayern, Barcelona and PSG (all top teams that were interested in him) are not stupid. The price might be over excessive but an on form Luiz will be a special player for PSG.

PSG had to blow the competition away with a huge bid to ensure that they got him over the other teams involved, coupled with the fact that he was pretty highly regarded here and us not truly being a selling club... It's easy to understand why the price for him was this high.

The same way Cahill has benefitted and improved due to playing in a system that favours his strengths is the same way Luiz will improve and benefit at PSG.

All the best David.

Finally someone who talks sense,

I laugh at people who say Luiz was not first choice, he was only not first choice in Mourinho's defensive teams which failed to use his strenghs well, every other Chelsea manager before Mourinho thought he was first choice, dont get this at all Terry is 33 Cahill is average, Zouma inexperienced, Ivanovic is not gettin any young, Kalas is not trusted by Mourinho so why sell a world class CB who is in his prime ?? When u dont have a ready made replacement, dont tell me Terry will play another season like last season because he simply wont just like Ferdinand (Ferdinand played well in the season before this and was utter shit this season)

He always had good games against United. Last year when Mata scored the winner he was impervious at the back, kept RVP in his pocket.

Yeah, remember that. That also coincided with his best form for us. He was by far the best defender in the league the last few months of last season.