David Luiz

the wes

But this season with his goal scoring don't you think he should play in the n.10 role?

Nope, it's like playing Lampard at number 10. Ineffective. Doesn't play to his strength which is that natural run in from deep at the right moment.

http://plainsofalmeria.co.uk/2014/05/20/cahill-and-luiz-the-case-for-the-defence/

A great article that I believe everyone must read and contemplate if David Luiz ( one of my favorite players ) is really up for sale, but more importantly his importance to Jose Mourinho's philosophy of football.

http://plainsofalmeria.co.uk/2014/05/20/cahill-and-luiz-the-case-for-the-defence/

A great article that I believe everyone must read and contemplate if David Luiz ( one of my favorite players ) is really up for sale, but more importantly his importance to Jose Mourinho's philosophy of football.

The guy who wrote that used to post here regularly, often about how indispensable Mikel was to the team.

The guy who wrote that used to post here regularly, often about how indispensable Mikel was to the team.

but what about the article and its exposure of luiz and cahill

So because of that you'll completely dismiss the article because it's not what you want to read? Interesting. Weren't you also one of the chief pioneers that suggested that Fellaini would be a great signing back then? Look how he's panned out at United as a real DM... Doesn't mean that you're wrong about everything as well.

Anyway, very interesting and very well written that article, challenges your views on Luiz as a CB. Very interesting read.

but what about the article and its exposure of luiz and cahill

I won't comment on the way the article is written because the young boy's first language clearly isn't English, but I don't think it says anything new or revolutionary. Cahill is a limited defender, Luiz is 'pro-active' in intercepting the ball higher up the pitch and looks to make more ambitious passes from the back which apparently add an extra dimension to our attack.

He makes cursory allusions to our need for a more clinical striker and to Luiz's concentration levels in games which fits a certain type of 'article' about Luiz.

Ultimately it's a case of stating the obvious. Luiz is capable of being one of the best defenders in the world in the right system, on his day.

Don't want Fabregas anywhere near this club. For real. Few things would make me more upset than that.

Also I don't think he's as great as some of you think.

Get the cash, swap moves are rare anyway, the club is unlikely to make one.

Really?

Remember when he used to play for Arsenal as a deep lying midfielder? Hes exactly what we need; controls the tempo, great vision, wins tackles, good positional sense, started scoring a lot more goals the last few years too. If we were offered him for Luiz I'd hope to god Jose takes it because as a CB he isn't first choice and as a CM he isn't even first choice here. Sure hes not kicked on as much but Pep utilized him as a winger or false 9 a lot and only the last year or so has he been used again in his more prefered deeper position more regularly under Tata Martino where he got something like 13 assists.

Also he played in England for 8 years or so from when he was 16 so he might count as homegrown but I'm not 110% sure though.

Geeez, absurdly strong rummours popping around almost every single media outlet that David Luiz will sign with PSG!

4 brazilians?

Luiz, silva, alex marquinhos?

Surely, that means Silva might move to Barca?

So David will be at PSG next season! With Alves going there as well! They will be packed full of Brazilians!

Geeez, absurdly strong rummours popping around almost every single media outlet that David Luiz will sign with PSG!

Yes, please. If we should have to sold Luiz, I much more prefer PSG than Bayern and Barca.

The rumors are coming from Sky Bet odds.

Lol, really? I looked on twitter and everyone was going mad. Now it is in every sports news website!

Didnt even bother to check the sources...

I can't believe he is supposed to be going to PSG, I genuinely am very upset if true. I really like him and am a bit speechless.

I wish he would say no I want to stay at Chelsea. He is really good. Please Stay David :(

This is going to ruin WC too as I was looking forward to watching our chelsea Brazil boys but now if I know he's gone I'm going to be very upset.

I'm away to cry :(