David Luiz

the wes

Just one of those that sometime it gone in, sometime doesn't. Pogba scored quite a few these past seasons but my point is atm Pogba is a better player, much better so we should be looking at someone like him.

Pogba is viewed as being better currently because he's been given chances at a high level by Juventus. Chalobah was equally as well-regarded when they were playing one another at youth level and I think he has as much potential as Pogba. It might not be as instantaneous as buying Pogba for £35 million but it'll be far more rewarding.

On papers he suits Barca perfectly. The good thing about this is that we won't need another signing to replace him since he is practicaly CB and we have options there. The bad thing is that Luiz has been the heart of this team on many occasions.

David Luiz is ready to quit Chelsea for Barcelona this summer in a £30m move http://bit.ly/1lcakMV #CFC #Barca

David Luiz will join Barcelona following this summer's World Cup after agreeing terms on a £32m switch to the Camp Nou. #CFC (Star)

Bild also reporting that Chelsea and Barcelona have agreed a €30m fee plus add-ons for David Luiz. #CFC #FCB

Marc-André Ter Stegen and David Luiz [for a fee of €40m] could be the first two signings of Barcelona 2014-15 (Mundo Deportivo) #CFC #FCB

Pogba is viewed as being better currently because he's been given chances at a high level by Juventus. Chalobah was equally as well-regarded when they were playing one another at youth level and I think he has as much potential as Pogba. It might not be as instantaneous as buying Pogba for £35 million but it'll be far more rewarding.

Yep I understand that feeling, it must feel great when one of your academy player steps it up and become a key man in the team. I agree it is better economically as well, but the thing is will Jose be allowed to do it, especially with the pressure of delivering results/trophies year in year out? If we were run like Arsenal where top 4 is good enough our starting 11 atm will probably be with the likes of Courtois, Lukaku, Chalobah...etc all playing. Also don't you feel excited when that top class player sign for us? That feeling as a fan that you cannot wait for him to play. For example if we have promoted Kakuta instead of signing Hazard in 2012 I think that would be terrible and at the time Kakuta was also a very high rated player, he just never stepped up.

Imo best option for Chalobah is to move to some team like Everton or Southampton and prove his worth than if he is extremely good like Courtois he will break into our team.

David Luiz <---> Diego Costa

Torres, Ba, Mikel <---> New LB

Moses, Josh, Kakuta, Marin, (Romeu), (Bertrand) + some money from Roman (25-30m) <---> New CM

:halo:

What I dislike about Barca if they really buy Luiz, is that they will pay it with installments in around 2 years or so. They did it with Neymar, Fabregas and Villa if I'm not wrong. Pathetic.

I prefer we sold it to PSG, the real rich one, better than the one who pretend to be the rich one.

What I dislike about Barca if they really buy Luiz, is that they will pay it with installments in around 2 years or so. They did it with Neymar, Fabregas and Villa if I'm not wrong. Pathetic.

Don't see a problem with that. Chelsea should have enough capable lawyers who'll factor inflation into the payments if there is indeed such a proposal from Barcelona.

If the rumours are true then I can understand the move but not really happy that he is leaving. Luiz is a great guy and he put in some amazing performances but I guess a deal this big can not be avoided again. Its a deal that benefits both parties so just have to accept it and move on.

Don't see a problem with that. Chelsea should have enough capable lawyers who'll factor inflation into the payments if there is indeed such a proposal from Barcelona.

I could accept that kind of inflation factor, but the main problem is, if we could get a 30m+ at once, we could then spend it in the same window for another player as well as make our transfer net balance.

I could accept that kind of inflation factor, but the main problem is, if we could get a 30m+ at once, we could then spend it in the same window for another player as well as make our transfer net balance.

With the new TV deal and sponsorship deals kicking in from 14-15, we have lots of wiggle room for transfer spending; it's not a case of having to sell to be able to buy.

With the new TV deal and sponsorship deals kicking in from 14-15, we have lots of wiggle room for transfer spending; it's not a case of having to sell to be able to buy.

Fair point. Maybe I just don't like the way Barca did it anyway. I could understand if it was between small to middle clubs transfer, but we talk big clubs here in top league, they act like the rich one, buy here and there, but in reality they can't afford the money to buy at once. Other top clubs doesn't do it, even MU (Mata), Arsenal (Ozil) and Spurs (Lamela) not went that low.

i really think we are not short of cash. we are not tottenham/arsenal. we can splash a 100mil cos of roman and not care about it but for FFP. and in FFP it does not matter if barca pay now or then. what matters is balancing the books. and no doubt we are doing a wonderful job of that.