David Luiz

the wes

Am I delusional or what, there's a period of time he looked completely can't be arsed today ??

There was a Villa attack where he literally just stood a let a player dribble past him..twice! If Mikel had done this, he'd been crucified on the spot :lol:

There was a Villa attack where he literally just stood a let a player dribble past him..twice! If Mikel had done this, he'd been crucified on the spot :lol:

I'm sane then.

Exactly! I was shouting wtf are you doing there David! It's just so weird, he was all pumped up before the second half whistle then did that, I'm confused.

Is your dislike for Luiz based entirely on the stick Mikel gets? DL gets a game, so you have to pick it apart because Mikel has had some criticism?

If so then it's fucking pathetic.

Luiz is a defender doing a job in midfield because we simply don't have anyone else (and I'd include the times Mikel is fit). He gets a bit of a pass because he's been one of our players of the season, but also because most people understand that this isn't his proper position. He's doing a job for the team to the best of his abilities because other players are bottlers and letdowns.

Is your dislike for Luiz based entirely on the stick Mikel gets? DL gets a game, so you have to pick it apart because Mikel has had some criticism?

If so then it's fucking pathetic.

Luiz is a defender doing a job in midfield because we simply don't have anyone else (and I'd include the times Mikel is fit). He gets a bit of a pass because he's been one of our players of the season, but also because most people understand that this isn't his proper position. He's doing a job for the team to the best of his abilities because other players are bottlers and letdowns.

1) I don't dislike Luiz, in fact, I love Luiz! I think he's a bad midfielder, but I still love him.

2) What I stated was a fact. Go back and see it, it was around the 52 min or something. I'm rewatching the match and I just saw it again. It was not just lazy, it was ridiculous, like he just stopped playing and let an opposition player dribble past him on the edge of the area twice in 20 seconds.

3) Because Mikel is criticized for his slowness to react at times and because people like to make the scapegoat, had he done that he would have abused for weeks.

So step down from your high horse and discuss the incident (if you wish) rather than preach about ethics.

1) I don't dislike Luiz, in fact, I love Luiz! I think he's a bad midfielder, but I still love him.

2) What I stated was a fact. Go back and see it, it was around the 52 min or something. I'm rewatching the match and I just saw it again. It was not just lazy, it was ridiculous, like he just stopped playing and let an opposition player dribble past him on the edge of the area twice in 20 seconds.

3) Because Mikel is criticized for his slowness to react at times and because people like to make the scapegoat, had he done that he would have abused for weeks.

So step down from your high horse and discuss the incident (if you wish) rather than preach about ethics.

3. The difference is that Mikel is supposed to be a midfielder, not a defender playing there because we're short-handed.

Learn this.

3. The difference is that Mikel is supposed to be a midfielder, not a defender playing there because we're short-handed.

Learn this.

That doesn't change anything. That doesn't even have to do with any point I made. Do defenders usually just let opposition players skip past them? :lol:

Plus David even runs like a defender, because his training schedule does not include running x numbers of miles like the midfielders.

Here are the facts though: we were losing, down one man at half time then Luiz comes in as a sub and we end up winning the game. So, focusing on his shortcomings in a situation like this is disingenuous, especially knowing hes covering. He was an integral part of the win today.

Once again, I'm going to say ppl are overemphasizing the wrong aspects of the game.

Choulo19, your blind love for Mikel is ruining this conversation.

Anyways here are the games where Luiz played in DM and the results

1. Monterray: Chelsea won 3-1

2. Leeds in FA Cup: Chelsea won 5-1

3. Aston Villa in PL at home: Chelsea won 8-0

4. Norwich away in PL: Chelsea won 1-0

5. Everton away in PL: Chelsea won 2-1

6. QPR at home in PL: Chelsea lost 1-0

7. Southampton in FA Cup: Chelsea won 5-1

8. Swansea CoCup 1st leg: Chelsea lost 2-0

9. Wigan at home in PL: Chelsea won 4-1

10. Brantford home in FA Cup: Chelsea won 4-0

11. Basel away in Europa: Chelsea won 2-1

12. Swansea at home in PL: Chelsea won 2-0

13. Basel at home in Europa: Chelsea won 3-1

14. Spurs at home in PL: match draw 2-2

15. Villa away in PL: Chelsea won 2-1

That is 12 wins, 1 draw and 2 defeats in 15 games. In the QPR defeat, our genius manager decided to rest Mata, Hazard and Ramires while in the Swansea loss, Ivanovic had 2 'moments'

You can invent new ways to criticize him but the bottom line is we get the results when he is in DM.

Luis to me is an decent/good Cb, with fantastic ball skills and mental lapses. However, an average DMF (still, better than anyone on Chelsea). At first, I was all for him playing the position, however, now I see more of him there, I don't think he is the answer long term for that position and against good teams...

I would be surprised if he is in the starting 11 for Brazil next year along with Rambo.

Choulo19, your blind love for Mikel is ruining this conversation.

Anyways here are the games where Luiz played in DM and the results

1. Monterray: Chelsea won 3-1

2. Leeds in FA Cup: Chelsea won 5-1

3. Aston Villa in PL at home: Chelsea won 8-0

4. Norwich away in PL: Chelsea won 1-0

5. Everton away in PL: Chelsea won 2-1

6. QPR at home in PL: Chelsea lost 1-0

7. Southampton in FA Cup: Chelsea won 5-1

8. Swansea CoCup 1st leg: Chelsea lost 2-0

9. Wigan at home in PL: Chelsea won 4-1

10. Brantford home in FA Cup: Chelsea won 4-0

11. Basel away in Europa: Chelsea won 2-1

12. Swansea at home in PL: Chelsea won 2-0

13. Basel at home in Europa: Chelsea won 3-1

14. Spurs at home in PL: match draw 2-2

15. Villa away in PL: Chelsea won 2-1

That is 12 wins, 1 draw and 2 defeats in 15 games. In the QPR defeat, our genius manager decided to rest Mata, Hazard and Ramires while in the Swansea loss, Ivanovic had 2 'moments'

You can invent new ways to criticize him but the bottom line is we get the results when he is in DM.

We should be getting 99% of those results regardless of whether Luiz is at DM or not though.

Cahill's awful game today is a reminder as to why Luiz's long term future is at the back. No way would've Luiz let Benteke bullied him like that. No way.

Completely agree. I made the same point after the Tottenham game. Had Luiz been playing instead of Cahill, we would not have conceded that first goal.

Was woeful in midfield against Spurs. This 'masterstroke' from Rafa that the meeja rave about is only a 'masterstroke' against the minnows.

You did not watch the game, then. Ramires and Luiz were bosses in that game.