David Luiz

the wes

Luiz as a midfielder will surpass the likes of amazing B2B midfielders like Schweinsteiger, Arturo Vidal and Claudio Marchisio. Mark my words.

Personally, I'd love to see him in a three man midfield, with the license to bomb forward and get stuck into the attacking phases.

Luiz as a midfielder will surpass the likes of amazing B2B midfielders like Schweinsteiger, Arturo Vidal and Claudio Marchisio. Mark my words.

Personally, I'd love to see him in a three man midfield, with the license to bomb forward and get stuck into the attacking phases.

So Luiz will become the best midfielder in the world? I highly doubt it, but would love to be proved wrong

So Luiz will become the best midfielder in the world? I highly doubt it, but would love to be proved wrong

Hahaha, Schweinsteiger the best midfielder in the world. Pull the other one next time. Maybe when Schweini actually shows for the big games, I'll consider it but as of now, he constantly fails Germany and Bayern in big games. Sure he has some decent big matches but where was he against Inter and Chelsea in the CL Final? Or against BVB in the Pokal final last season? Or how did he fair against Italy in the Euros? He is up there, but certainly not the number one midfielder in the world for me. Schweini isn't even Bayern's MVP in my opinion, that honour goes to Thomas Muller.

Hahaha, Schweinsteiger the best midfielder in the world. Pull the other one next time. Maybe when Schweini actually shows for the big games, I'll consider it but as of now, he constantly fails Germany and Bayern in big games. Sure he has some decent big matches but where was he against Inter and Chelsea in the CL Final? Or against BVB in the Pokal final last season? Or how did he fair against Italy in the Euros? He is up there, but certainly not the number one midfielder in the world for me. Schweini isn't even Bayern's MVP in my opinion, that honour goes to Thomas Muller.

I'm not talking about previous years, but this season - he is simply the best and most complete midfielder in world football. Tactically you will not find anyone better.

I don't think he's a CB anymore. CM seems his best position for his talent. We might have to get a CB as well because of that.

He's a CB. He'll probably always be a CB.

He's also our best CB. He's only playing in midfield because we don't have anyone else to play alongside Rami and provide defensive rigidity (although he looked knackered against Spurs).

His presence there is a matter of necessity and the guy has done a pretty good job to his credit. He is nowhere near as bad as some of the people criticising his performances suggest, but he's also not the second coming of Gattuso or Pirlo.

He's a leader, a dependable presence being asked to do a slightly different job for his team.

I love this guy one of my favourite players, he's so funny and is a solid player but he used to be very rough in the penalty area and concede many penalty's but in my opinion he should get played alongside Ramires when Lamps leaves (if he does) this season.

He will probably be vice captain if both Terry and Lampard leave with Cech being first team captain as he is 3rd captain at the moment!

Has he really ever had a 'great' game in midfield?

At a club that is used to John Obi Mikel's regularly disappearing on the field, his toothless back passing; I would say each and every game that Luiz has started in midfield has been 'great'

At a club that is used to John Obi Mikel's regularly disappearing on the field, his toothless back passing; I would say each and every game that Luiz has started in midfield has been 'great'

Oooh, so much hate!

No that means nothing. Luiz has constantly been sloppy and lacking positional awareness when he's played in midfield.