David Luiz

the wes

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/david-luiz-says-smirk-followed-manchester-united-fans-sideshow-bob-jibe-8605311.html

Is this for real? He was just having a laugh at a "Sideshow Bob" reference from a United fan? That would be pretty hilarious

The fan definitely said something to make him laugh. I thought he called him a moppy head wanker but if it was a Sideshow Bob reference and he understood it then that is fucking brilliant.

David Luiz's career at Chelsea so far: from impressive - to terrible (yes, at one point I genuinely thought he was our worst defender, and I still won't forgive him for that dreadful performance in Monaco) - to very good. Thanks to Benitez he has become a better player imo, I am no tactics expert but RDM probably gave him too much freedom, and with Luiz, Benitez has succeeded exactly where RDM had failed.

Long story short, ever since Benitez came he has looked a lot more serious and determined, and I can't wait to see how committed he's going to be under Mourinho's management. His Drogba-esque way of taking free kicks is a bonus.

Just seen the MOTD video of our game.

In the analysis they rightly pointed out, Luiz should be waay faster going back after his runs into space. After his runs, he neither joins the attack, nor goes back into CB, he just cruises around in midfield. This is a no-go for a CB.

"Luiz's mentoring of younger players like Ramires has been instrumental to Chelsea's success"

Excuse me? :blink:

Think it meant Luiz being a leader and helping these players to settle in and performing well for us.

And Ramires did struggle rather badly during the 1st half of the season when we signed him in 2010/11 season but improved in the 2nd half of it, coinciding with the time Luiz joined us then.

Think it meant Luiz being a leader and helping these players to settle in and performing well for us.

And Ramires did struggle rather badly during the 1st half of the season when we signed him in 2010/11 season but improved in the 2nd half of it, coinciding with the time Luiz joined us then.

Guess the word "mentor" kinda threw me off. I'm just so used to it being used when one party is younger than the other.

I do agree Ramires level of play picked up when Luiz came.

Why do people think that always happy and smiley people who usually laugh a lot can't be leaders or serious when the time is needed? I often hear criticism from Luiz haters (I can just call them that) that he can't be a captain or a serious player on the pitch because of his personality...

I ask you all, what does the fact he is a happy human being has to do with anything?

EDIT: This is not intended to anyone specific, I am just talking in general and I don't mean to offend anyone!

I love that he managed to wind up so many united fans so easily, there is about 10 pages on redcafe of mancs calling him some variation of c****, all for a smile. He's turned into a pantomime villain overnight. Judging by the reaction on there all he'll have to do if he gets stick in the future is smile back and they'll piss themselves with righteous indignation. United fans are seriously the worst losers in sports, you'd think we cost them the title.

Positioning is definitely one of his weaknesses but you're confusing positioning with his ability to go forward. Obviously he'll leave his CB partner alone if he drives forward with the ball - that has nothing to do with positioning. That picture is very misleading.

It wasn't his positioning what caught him out on that, If I remember correctly we left Giggs way too much space, a 39 year old man running on the wing and no one pressured him in time. So he made a pass too Rafeal who cut in, but David Luiz was the one who left Giggs exposed. But if I remember correctly it was Cole who left him exposed in the first place, which started confusion upon Luiz and Cole they where in a situation of, who goes at Giggs and who marks Rafeal, and by then it was already a second too late and Giggs amde the pass to Rafeal and he was already ahead with Cole behind him.

But lucky enough Ivanovic's reactions really helped out, he opened his legs then manage to shut them quickly so the ball would go wide.

However this is just one of them situations, I don't think it's anything to be going mental about.

Why do people think that always happy and smiley people who usually laugh a lot can't be leaders or serious when the time is needed? I often hear criticism from Luiz haters (I can just call them that) that he can't be a captain or a serious player on the pitch because of his personality...

I ask you all, what does the fact he is a happy human being has to do with anything?

EDIT: This is not intended to anyone specific, I am just talking in general and I don't mean to offend anyone!

Imo, Being happy has nothing to do with it. It's his volatility or temper that's more of a problem. In the last 2 big matches, vs ManC and ManU, he has attacked the ref. Yes, every Chelsea fan will have gleefully enjoyed that rant but do you really want to see the club captain having a go at the ref? It's the captain who speaks to the ref on behalf of the team. I would prefer a calm captain - Lampard for eg - in that Oscar-Giggs tussle, came right in between them to play peacemaker.

Imo, Being happy has nothing to do with it. It's his volatility or temper that's more of a problem. In the last 2 big matches, vs ManC and ManU, he has attacked the ref. Yes, every Chelsea fan will have gleefully enjoyed that rant but do you really want to see the club captain having a go at the ref? It's the captain who speaks to the ref on behalf of the team. I would prefer a calm captain - Lampard for eg - in that Oscar-Giggs tussle, came right in between them to play peacemaker.

Question for you Strike. Would you call JT a "calm" captain?

Question for you Strike. Would you call JT a "calm" captain?

On the whole, yes. In more than a decade he's behaved unprofessionally some times but on the whole yes.

Before his personal life allegations, he was hailed best captain in the world.

On the whole, yes. In more than a decade he's behaved unprofessionally some times but on the whole yes.

Before his personal life allegations, he was hailed best captain in the world.

I wouldn't say so. I would say JT is more towards the passionate side than calm, just like Luiz.

A calm captain would be someone like Lampard, but JT's captain ahead of him simply because he's more passionate, and rightly so IMO. Passion rubs off on people more than calmness does. Passion drives your team mates on. Passion inspires the crowd.

Luiz, if given the captaincy, would relish in the role. With power comes responsibility, and I believe that Luiz will cut out that sometimes rash reaction if he does get it due to the nature & the responsibility of the role.

I wouldn't say so. I would say JT is more towards the passionate side than calm, just like Luiz.

A calm captain would be someone like Lampard, but JTs captain ahead of simply because he's more passionate, and rightly so IMO. Passion rubs off on people more than calmness does. Passion drives your team mates on. Passion inspires the crowd.

Luiz, if given the captaincy, would relish in the role. With power comes responsibility, and I believe that Luiz will cut out that sometimes rash reaction if he does get it due to the nature & the responsibility of the role.

I'm not saying Luiz is not captain-material mind you. His passion for the club is not matched by anyone. He was the only one who gave a f*** in the CWC final.

But Passion is not the most important characteristic in a captain. In a high-stakes situation, I would much rather prefer a captain who keeps his composure. We are looking at different critieria in captains but I am inclined to agree that in a year's time, Luiz could be ready to take over from Terry because he looks more and more like he will be part of the club's new spine - Luiz, Azpilicueta, Mata, Hazard etc