David Luiz

the wes

What I meant by two wrongs not making a right is that just because a wrong has been made, you don't go out and make another to make things right. The difference between this and the Macheda goal and the Abidal sending off is that those things happened by an error from the ref while simulation is a conscious decision to do something wrong. Meaning you are suggesting that it is okay for players to take refereeing into their own hands by means of simulation when the ref makes some mistakes.

My point was that we should show absolutely no tolerance for simulation, in any circumstance because that will only open the door for acceptance of even less sportsmanlike actions.

There was no mistake... there was no 'simulation'.

There was an added emphasis on an aggression when the ball was nowhere near David... It was a red.

Players do what you call 'wrong' 99% of the time, or do you think that every fucking time someone gets kicked he could not have stayed on his feet?! They "decide" to go to the ground because they feel getting the freekick/PK is more advantageous than continuing the play AND/OR to protect themselves because when you get kicked you want the leg being kicked to be off the ground.

BTW, something very similar to this incident happened to me and I reacted similarly. First I was holding my ear because I didn't know whether I was hurt or not. Then I was smirking because a) I couldn't believe what the guy did (elbow) and B) I knew I got him and since this was a 5x5 tourney we also won the match.

Somehow if Luiz had looked at Rafael and laughed, we wouldn't even be having this conversation. And Rafael might still have been shown a red.

I just loved when he looked like was going to explode on the ref, and didn't. You see this guy smiling more than anyone else in our squad, so when he is angry, I am angry with him.

First of all luiz had no idea at the time of smiling Rafael was going to be sent off, the fact is it was rash from him & he deserved to go. I don't like the little bit of play acting but we have come against some of the same in the past so why should we hang luiz out to dry? Besides we've had some piss poor decisions against us lately its about time we got something in our favour & the correct decision I might add.

I love this guy, has 2 great feet, I love his attitude, always puts in a shift, is so versatile you could put him almost every position & he would do his best for us & that's what stands him apart from many others. For me our player of the year, he has put in consistent performances week in - week out & in 2 different positions.

Quality written all over him & if reports are true that he is our next Captain then I'm all for that too.

Luiz had a good game driving Chelsea from the back but he did have one bad moment with Rafael - not the corner flag incident everyone's talking about - but the moment when Rafael cut inside and Luiz went walk-about leaving Ivanovic alone in defence. thankfully, Rafael's cross was deflected behind. Ivanovic was pissed off at that point but that's one area where Luiz can work on - Positioning

rxKoIN1.png

oh well , ivanovic had a dodgy moment in the first half. other than that they were bossish.

What's the big fuss all about? It's football, we 'support' and 'follow' faraway situated millionaires' playthings and pretend that other millionaires kicking a bag of air around for 90 minutes actually matters enough for us to continue shelling out good money on watching them do that. In the course of that we build up rivalries with other misguided fools and get involved in the whole 'my dick is bigger than yours' debate. It's tribalism, we're all hypocrites; we choose to become that when we choose to follow a franchisee. Chill out, none of it really matters. Plus, it was fucking funny.

Love you geezer.

In Europe, yes, different here.Football is everything.

Oh, fuck yourself, old dickhead. He didn't roll on or anything. So biting a duplicate hand by a captain was called professional and falling because of the stupid kick wasn't professional. How old you are!! :readthemessage:

Actualy Evra bitting hand was realy stupid thing too. But at least he had reason (for racial issue with Suarez).

I dont blame Luiz or anything, he looked like boss when doing that, but if he ever wants to be captain, he has to put his shit together.

Off the pitch he can be bigger joker than Bean himself, but on pitch, I expect full concentration and no monkey bussines from Luiz.

Luiz had a good game driving Chelsea from the back but he did have one bad moment with Rafael - not the corner flag incident everyone's talking about - but the moment when Rafael cut inside and Luiz went walk-about leaving Ivanovic alone in defence. thankfully, Rafael's cross was deflected behind. Ivanovic was pissed off at that point but that's one area where Luiz can work on - Positioning

rxKoIN1.png

Positioning is definitely one of his weaknesses but you're confusing positioning with his ability to go forward. Obviously he'll leave his CB partner alone if he drives forward with the ball - that has nothing to do with positioning. That picture is very misleading.

Positioning is definitely one of his weaknesses but you're confusing positioning with his ability to go forward. Obviously he'll leave his CB partner alone if he drives forward with the ball - that has nothing to do with positioning. That picture is very misleading.

Not really. Nothing to do with his attacking instincts here because United had possession all through the attack. Luiz stepped out from his CB position alongside Ivanovic to try and get to the ball. But once Rafael sidestepped him, Luiz is out of the equation and that has happened far too often.

He may be the "Ball-Winning Centre Back" but against big teams, who attack in numbers, defending as a unit is important.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/david-luiz-says-smirk-followed-manchester-united-fans-sideshow-bob-jibe-8605311.html

Is this for real? He was just having a laugh at a "Sideshow Bob" reference from a United fan? That would be pretty hilarious