David Luiz

the wes

I would have thought offering them Ferreira would have been the much better Choice. I only say that because.... Kalou may have had a poor season with us this season, but for some reason or another, he is the closest we have to a right winger, which is what we lack anyway.

As far as I believe Kalou hasn't the level to play for a team like Chelsea, I agreed with you here. He actually is our only substitute for our front three since Sturridge and Kakuta never play and Zhirkov has never played in attack (and I think he will never do). And it would be a big error to sell him this winter if we don't buy an attacking player, which we are unlikely to do. So we should keep him til we find a proper right winger or striker.

And if we give them Kalou, this wouldn't make any sense... Why weaken our weakness and strenghten our strenght ?

By the way Benfica could be more kind with us, since we already have paid over the odds for Ramires :lol:

Why the hell would they want Kalou in the first place?

By the way Benfica could be more kind with us, since we already have paid over the odds for Ramires :lol:

Ditto, I wouldn't have a problem with any other club but Benfia are trying to bleed us dry.

Benfica president and representatives are in London now. Flew in today.

http://www.skysports...6692315,00.html

Keep your eyes on the twittersphere.

Yawn. There's nothing to suggest this, it's a rumour in the Portugese media. I bet it's their version of Goal that reported it :lol:

As far as I believe Kalou hasn't the level to play for a team like Chelsea, I agreed with you here. He actually is our only substitute for our front three since Sturridge and Kakuta never play and Zhirkov has never played in attack (and I think he will never do). And it would be a big error to sell him this winter if we don't buy an attacking player, which we are unlikely to do. So we should keep him til we find a proper right winger or striker.

And if we give them Kalou, this wouldn't make any sense... Why weaken our weakness and strenghten our strenght ?

Definitely agree. The only real reason I could see us swapping Kalou is if we have strong plans to sign Sanchez as well as David Luiz. But Ancelotti has already denied this according to Sky Sports, and I can understand why, since Roman is hiding his money away, and losing £50 million is risky, so it's best to keep him at least until the summer comes around.

Then again, if Benfica want Kalou in any deal for Luiz, how are you going to tempt Roman to sign Sanchez as well, as a replacement for him. £50 million for Sanchez and Luiz, and didn't we lose £40 million at some point??

Yawn. There's nothing to suggest this, it's a rumour in the Portugese media. I bet it's their version of Goal that reported it :lol:

Hummm, "theres nothing to suggest this". All you know about this came from the press, so the things you have heard "to suggest" theres nothing true in this "rumour" might be also wrong... imo there is a lot of things suggesting that we are close in signing him, and for what I´ve seen in Neymar´s saga, the british press knows nothing when the deal involve players from another country, they only find some local news and translate, sometimes they dont even say "according to brazilian press", to make look like they made the news, or that they have spoken with the sources.

Hummm, "theres nothing to suggest this". All you know about this came from the press, so the things you have heard "to suggest" theres nothing true in this "rumour" might be also wrong... imo there is a lot of things suggesting that we are close in signing him.

Good point. But big clubs like ours are always suspected with meeting other clubs and being in contact with them. Only 1 media outlet is actually reporting Benfica officials are in London and all others are riding on that too.

Good point. But big clubs like ours are always suspected with meeting other clubs and being in contact with them. Only 1 media outlet is actually reporting Benfica officials are in London and all others are riding on that too.

As long as the BBC website say something about that, then I'm inclined to believe it. SkySports are saying it on their website, but I can't decipher if I should believe the SkySports website or not?

As long as the BBC website say something about that, then I'm inclined to believe it. SkySports are saying it on their website, but I can't decipher if I should believe the SkySports website or not?

Yes, but even they've said "Reports in Portugal suggest"

The reasons for my suspicions are when reports "suggested" City and Lukaku were to sign a pre-contract a few days ago. It was then revealed this was a rumour started by agents to get that very thing done when really, there'd been no contact at all.

Then in that case, there's no way it can be true! Unless SkySports are dubbing it to be true, otherwise why would they make a big deal over it?

That's a good point as well.

I guess it comes down to a personal thing. After 3 failed bids, I find it hard to believe the Benfica president is in London to discuss the bid, I don't believe Roman is once to cave to the asking price. If he is here and a deal is being negotiated, then fair do's. But until that's properly confirmed, I find it hard to believe.