test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

BlueLion.

30. David Luiz

Started by BlueLion.,

7,973 posts in this topic

After i watched highlights from last match, one thing is for sure... Hes to slow to play in such high defensive line.. 

Fernando and Johnnyeye like this

3 minutes ago, jernej93 said:

This kind of attitude and mistake would cost Christensen his Chelsea career but Luiz will be straight back in first 11 for Huddersfield ... 

I'd pick him over AC I'm afraid.

Luiz in general this season has been good. I've had times to want to shake him warmly by the throat but I'm not going to bear him up after 1 game where most the others were worse than him.

Stats likes this

On 01/02/2019 at 4:43 PM, Unionjack said:

I'd pick him over AC I'm afraid.

Luiz in general this season has been good. I've had times to want to shake him warmly by the throat but I'm not going to bear him up after 1 game where most the others were worse than him.

I have to say I really dont think I would anymore. NOT saying AC is the answer but Luiz is once again starting to get lit up like a Chinese firecracker will be tomorrow (its CNY). We desperately need a WC CB upgrade. There are a shit tonne to choose from (NO, Rugani is NOT oki!)

Sarri would be wise to replace this inconsistent Chelsea star before their top-4 hopes take a hit

https://www.mediareferee.com/2019/02/04/sarri-would-be-wise-to-replace-this-inconsistent-chelsea-star-before-their-top-4-hopes-take-a-hit/

Why Chelsea need to replace David Luiz before it ruins their season

Chelsea have suffered defeats of the nature of – 4-0 to Bournemouth, a 2-0 to Arsenal, and a 1-0 to Leicester City in the past month. This combined with many other defects in the Chelseateam have seen the club struggle a bit under Sarri. The former Napoli boss started the season well going 13 games unbeaten before a 3-1 defeat to Tottenham in the last week of November.

Since then nothing has gone right for either for the Blues or Maurizio Sarri, but there is one main problem that they need to fix – defensive issues. With Chelsea conceding 13 goals in their last 13 games, including four on Wednesday night. Things will only get worse going forward, and the main culprit has been the former PSG star – David Luiz.

The Brazilian has struggled over the last few weeks. While his passing has been impeccable, his defending, on the other hand, has been terrible.  Against Bournemouth alone, the 31-year-old was at fault for at least three goals, which included presenting the ball to David Brooks for the Cherries’ second goal. However, at the same time, against this young and rather speedy front-line, Luiz looked out of place and struggled to keep up.

snip

Unionjack likes this

4 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I have to say I really dont think I would anymore. NOT saying AC is the answer but Luiz is once again starting to get lit up like a Chinese firecracker will be tomorrow (its CNY). We desperately need a WC CB upgrade. There are a shit tonne to choose from (NO, Rugani is NOT oki!)

Sarri would be wise to replace this inconsistent Chelsea star before their top-4 hopes take a hit

https://www.mediareferee.com/2019/02/04/sarri-would-be-wise-to-replace-this-inconsistent-chelsea-star-before-their-top-4-hopes-take-a-hit/

Why Chelsea need to replace David Luiz before it ruins their season

Chelsea have suffered defeats of the nature of – 4-0 to Bournemouth, a 2-0 to Arsenal, and a 1-0 to Leicester City in the past month. This combined with many other defects in the Chelseateam have seen the club struggle a bit under Sarri. The former Napoli boss started the season well going 13 games unbeaten before a 3-1 defeat to Tottenham in the last week of November.

Since then nothing has gone right for either for the Blues or Maurizio Sarri, but there is one main problem that they need to fix – defensive issues. With Chelsea conceding 13 goals in their last 13 games, including four on Wednesday night. Things will only get worse going forward, and the main culprit has been the former PSG star – David Luiz.

The Brazilian has struggled over the last few weeks. While his passing has been impeccable, his defending, on the other hand, has been terrible.  Against Bournemouth alone, the 31-year-old was at fault for at least three goals, which included presenting the ball to David Brooks for the Cherries’ second goal. However, at the same time, against this young and rather speedy front-line, Luiz looked out of place and struggled to keep up.

snip

I'm still not ready to beat him up but is of course 1 of the 6 I would upgrade.

Vesper likes this

Just now, Unionjack said:

I'm still not ready to beat him up but is of course 1 of the 6 I would upgrade.

I only go off on the pitch performance when I slag out players. The Willian as poison meme I agree with you on is just icing on the cake.

I do not think anyone can honestly say

Luiz

AC (I still would give him a chance unless we get a £40m or more offer)

Cahill

Marcos Alonso

Emerson (can live with him as a backup perhaps)

César Azpilicueta (fine with him as a option at CB but not RB)

Davide Zappacosta

Danny Drinkwater

Morata (hopefully gone for good)

Bakayoko (looks like we get real deal fair value sale for him!)

Bats (massive disappointment, along with Baka and Morata)

Barkley (unless he massively comes on in last 1/3rd of the year, which I doubt highly)

Willian

Pedro (too old and too brittle by next season for sure)

Giroud

Zouma

Musonda

are at a true championship winning level (Azpi, (the main 'maybe not' one along with AC) mainly because of RB performance in Sarriball, and I fear age and insane minutes catching up to him)

That is SEVENTEEN or so players (AC and/or Azpi and/or Emerson not in the 'must be sold or let go soon' category)

it's a crazy amount of under-performance and bad buys (and/or lack of selling)

Unionjack likes this

I

5 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I only go off on the pitch performance when I slag out players. The Willian as poison meme I agree with you on is just icing on the cake.

I do not think anyone can honestly say

Luiz

AC (I still would give him a chance unless we get a £40m or more offer)

Cahill

Marcos Alonso

Emerson (can live with him as a backup perhaps)

César Azpilicueta (fine with him as a option at CB but not RB)

Davide Zappacosta

Danny Drinkwater

Morata (hopefully gone for good)

Bakayoko (looks like we get real deal fair value sale for him!)

Bats (massive disappointment, along with Baka and Morata)

Barkley (unless he massively comes on in last 1/3rd of the year, which I doubt highly)

Willian

Pedro (too old and too brittle by next season for sure)

Giroud

Zouma

Musonda

are at a true championship winning level (Azpi, (the main 'maybe not' one along with AC) mainly because of RB performance in Sarriball, and I fear age and insane minutes catching up to him)

That is SEVENTEEN or so players (AC and/or Azpi and/or Emerson not in the 'must be sold or let go soon' category)

it's a crazy amount of under-performance and bad buys (and/or lack of selling)

I'd add RLC to the list too unless he shows ,m

But can we see the board having the inspiration to get off their arses and do what needs to be done and sell them?

It would go such a long way to helping out the 1st team/

I do think it makes sense to try to do it in one window even knowing how hard it would be.

If they started getting their ducks in a row now, touchin base with players reps,agents, mose in fast come the summer.

Might take some time to gel of course but they would all be doing it together. Get some big name team builder in too.

Doubt if Roman would go for it tho.

2 hours ago, Unionjack said:

I

I'd add RLC to the list too unless he shows ,m

But can we see the board having the inspiration to get off their arses and do what needs to be done and sell them?

It would go such a long way to helping out the 1st team/

I do think it makes sense to try to do it in one window even knowing how hard it would be.

If they started getting their ducks in a row now, touchin base with players reps,agents, mose in fast come the summer.

Might take some time to gel of course but they would all be doing it together. Get some big name team builder in too.

Doubt if Roman would go for it tho.

It is outrageous they have failed for multiple windows now to start to dump the deadwood.

These loans with no obligation to buy can still blow up in our face as well.

Unionjack likes this