test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

BlueLion.

30. David Luiz

Started by BlueLion.,

7,960 posts in this topic
21 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Yep!! f974f1183439db41c82ce0517d4ce0a3.gif

IF our players WERE good on loan they would either be sold or brought home to be utilized.

But this has always been where I'm confused mate.

Theres no doubting over the past X amount of years we have had strong academy teams. Theyv'e won a lot of cups and done well.

But when it comes time for the lads to take that extra step they don;t seem to make it. Whether it be with us or whoever.

The reason I've always thought tho probably wrong is that they play well as a single unit but not strong enough characters or good enough as individuals.

Like you say if they were good on loan they would be brought back and used.

Whats your thoughts. Ive asked before in threads but nobodys said owt.

I think our youth teams are better than most is sheer numbers of decent talent, and a great system, NOT that we are loaded with potential superstars. Many of the teams we play have much fewer high quality young players. I have never been huge on assuming that a member of a great TEAM at youth level automatically means they are a great prospect for the big parent club.

It is why I REALLY love it when we loan out younger players to a foreign top league, not the meat grinder Championship, which I think is a really poor place to judge who is fit for the EPL: I know many on here disagree with me on this but Tammy is perfect example. He dominates in the Championship and has been a bust in the EPL.

I saw Ola Aina, our 22yo RB, playing for Torino in the Milan Derby v Juve. He absolutely OWNED Ronaldo. I am so sorry, but Sarri is full of shit that these young players (some, not all) are not ready for the EPL. If you can play and boss CR7, you can play against some shitkicker from Huddersfield. I just dont expect that all our great youth teams will have most of their players come good at top level.

Stats likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/25/2018 at 10:29 AM, Vesper said:

I think our youth teams are better than most is sheer numbers of decent talent, and a great system, NOT that we are loaded with potential superstars. Many of the teams we play have much fewer high quality young players. I have never been huge on assuming that a member of a great TEAM at youth level automatically means they are a great prospect for the big parent club.

It is why I REALLY love it when we loan out younger players to a foreign top league, not the meat grinder Championship, which I think is a really poor place to judge who is fit for the EPL: I know many on here disagree with me on this but Tammy is perfect example. He dominates in the Championship and has been a bust in the EPL.

I saw Ola Aina, our 22yo RB, playing for Torino in the Milan Derby v Juve. He absolutely OWNED Ronaldo. I am so sorry, but Sarri is full of shit that these young players (some, not all) are not ready for the EPL. If you can play and boss CR7, you can play against some shitkicker from Huddersfield. I just dont expect that all our great youth teams will have most of their players come good at top level.

Ok Thats 1 tho,

I understand maybe getting the experience in Europe is good and I can see experience in a harder physically in the Championship CAN also be good.

But when we as a supposed top club with potentially good youth send them anywhere they just don't seem to do good IN GENERAL.

Vesper likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Unionjack said:

Ok Thats 1 tho,

I understand maybe getting the experience in Europe is good and I can see experience in a harder physically in the Championship CAN also be good.

But when we as a supposed top club with potentially good youth send them anywhere they just don't seem to do good IN GENERAL.

The ones who do not do good were always overrated IMHO.

If you are a great player, you are going to play well in almost any situ.

I have really low patience on hope. It is why I have been barking to get get rid of  Alonso, Morata, Willian, etc since before the summer started. They are/were disasters waiting to happen.

People have far too much hope they will come good.

I HATE status quo, hate normalcy bias.

I warned on Shitty, look at what is happening now, EXACTLY in the areas I specified.

I dont have coaching badges, I have never been officially involved with a club, but I am trained to a very high degree on how to analyse things. It is like breathing for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Vesper said:

The ones who do not do good were always overrated IMHO.

If you are a great player, you are going to play well in almost any situ.

I have really low patience on hope. It is why I have been barking to get get rid of  Alonso, Morata, Willian, etc since before the summer started. They are/were disasters waiting to happen.

People have far too much hope they will come good.

I HATE status quo, hate normalcy bias.

I warned on Shitty, look at what is happening now, EXACTLY in the areas I specified.

I dont have coaching badges, I have never been officially involved with a club, but I am trained to a very high degree on how to analyse things. It is like breathing for me.

I'm the same at getting wasted. Comes natural to me. I normakll come nowhere near the comp on a sesh but sometimes ...........

Its now 6:30 I shall try to close my wired eyes! Night Mrs!

Vesper likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Unionjack said:

I'm the same at getting wasted. Comes natural to me. I normakll come nowhere near the comp on a sesh but sometimes ...........

Its now 6:30 I shall try to close my wired eyes! Night Mrs!

nini sweetie!

Image result for sleepy time

Unionjack likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/2/2019 at 5:17 PM, !Hazard! said:

He's been fantastic recently and his distribution only seems to get better each game. The amount of low, hard and accurate vertical passes he makes is absurd for a CB and let's not even talk about his long balls. He fits into Sarriball like a glove shame he isn't getting any younger

He has. I've always thought DL would fit a possession side like a glove. I've been involved in numerous arguments about that over the years... many on this very thread. :)

It's a interesting way of thinking about defending, which can be a bit counter-intuitive. It applies to other players too who are considered "bad defenders" and yet work well in a possession system, because they can pass the ball well, even under pressure. You cannot be attacked and therefore don't have to chase and tackle the opponent as much if you keep the football most of the time.

And the weird part of it is that much superior defenders, at reading the game and tackling, would not work at all in possession systems. Godin from Atletico for ex, or even our great Carvalho. I remember Terry (when he still had legs) playing a high line under AVB... something to forget actually. Cahill at his peak would still be a terrible player in this system.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

 

Tried to post this video, but it wouldn't embed.  So, a tweet with the footage.

To be honest thats the kind of move that either goes your way when you are in form or ends in tears if you are not completely on top of your game. Luiz in his current form seems to get away with absolutely everything

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, !Hazard! said:

To be honest thats the kind of move that either goes your way when you are in form or ends in tears if you are not completely on top of your game. Luiz in his current form seems to get away with absolutely everything

That's just who he is.  I remember a touch he took in the CL final in 2012.  It was a cross fizzed in and while facing goal, he took a touch with his thigh, to set the ball up, then cleared it with a volley.  He's got full confidence in his skills.  It's always been his marking that's an issue.  But, with the ball he's still immense.

!Hazard! likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For all his faults, he is massive character. He might have shit game, but you cant say he didnt try his best. So vocal and direct. He just has that old school mentality althrough his skill isnt always at best.

When his performances are on top though, he is just brilliant. He has been good passer always, but this season he is plain world class. Shame he loses concentration often, because in some games, he defends so rigorously, its a joy to watch.

When people were writing him off, I always hoped he stays for his character and supporting contribution to the team. We should give him a new deal, because our team is becoming numb, we need some strong character like Luiz.

Sideshow Luiz likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One day we bash him to the ground, the next we can't praise him enough. :D  This thread has been this way since the beginning, and so have his performances been like his character.. quite colourful. I must say his distribution has been a joy to watch and recently his defending too. When he is playing like that he is top 3 most important player on the pitch, I hope he keeps it up till the end of the season.

Fernando, DYC., BlueSunshine and 1 other like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, manpe said:

One day we bash him to the ground, the next we can't praise him enough. :D  This thread has been this way since the beginning, and so have his performances been like his character.. quite colourful. I must say his distribution has been a joy to watch and recently his defending too. When he is playing like that he is top 3 most important player on the pitch, I hope he keeps it up till the end of the season.

It is simple for me. He stepped up, so did Kante (in terms of new role)

Wilian, Alonso, Morata, and Giroud have not, all have been massive fails.

Barkley is slanting that way, Moses, Cahill and Drinkwater were obviously never going to do much.

All eight need to go, as does Bats and Baka.

Azpi has far too often been disappointing in his RB Sarriball role. He just is far too one-dimensional and is showing the effects of his insane level of minutes the last 4 plus seasons. 

Our fullbacks both need to be upgraded.

I hope Luiz agrees to a one year extension.

Ryan Fong and Fernando like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/01/2019 at 11:46 AM, !Hazard! said:

77fb8402f6a412b9a33167cae46c24d5da49ef7d

Potentially silly question, but is this completed, or attempted, through-balls? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BlueLion. said:

Potentially silly question, but is this completed, or attempted, through-balls? 

I am almost certain it is completed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/4/2019 at 0:48 PM, Sideshow Luiz said:

Anyone know how to embed an mp4 or Streamable link?

I'd just save it to your PC etc and attach it in your post

Depending on MB size

Sideshow Luiz likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.