David Luiz

the wes

When Mata was sold, there was a huge divide in this forum.

However, with Luiz getting sold now, the divide is not so big. It's more one sided.

All in all, its pretty similar situations with a huge difference in responses.

Not similar at all. To summarize-Mata is a better player who did more for Chelsea whose loss hurt us more and who we got less money for. (And a lot less money when you consider the difference in position).

However, with Luiz getting sold now, the divide is not so big. It's more one sided.

just my view . I didnt want either sold ,, This isnt hindsight you can check my posts when Juan left .. I thought he gave us different options to Oscar , and when

Oscar hit a slump Mata might have offered the solution , I didnt want Luiz sold either but at even £40 million we couldn't have turned it down ..

Not similar at all. To summarize-Mata is a better player who did more for Chelsea whose loss hurt us more and who we got less money for. (And a lot less money when you consider the difference in position).

it is similar.

Both were overrated on this forum and we sold both after a good period of irrelevance.

Mata being a better player might be true, but the fact is, Luiz got us more because of his skillset and combined package. Luiz was here longer than Mata and Luiz is more significant in the locker room than Mata is.

just my view . I didnt want either sold ,, This isnt hindsight you can check my posts when Juan left .. I thought he gave us different options to Oscar , and when

Oscar hit a slump Mata might have offered the solution , I didnt want Luiz sold either but at even £40 million we couldn't have turned it down ..

Not saying you. Just in general..

I'm really interested to see if the same people that are celebrating Luiz transfer are the same folks that bash Mourinho during the Mata transfer...

Luiz is one of the most hated & underrated players in football.

Complete opposite for Mata who's a media darling.

Luiz is one of the most hated & underrated players in football.

Complete opposite for Mata who's a media darling.

That's true. However, I dont see the relevance.

Chelsea in general is hated outside of Chelsea fans. Losing Luiz, a strong presence in the locker room is a bigger blow than losing a media darling. If Chelsea cared about that, JT would not be captain still.

Also, this was in reference to this forum and other chelsea forums, not media reports/analysis.

I'm really interested to see if the same people that are celebrating Luiz transfer are the same folks that bash Mourinho during the Mata transfer...

Well i wouldn't say i'm celebrating his transfer but yeah you can check any Mourinho/Mata related thread..i support both sales. No point keeping players that don't fit what the manager wants when clubs come calling offering more than they are worth to us on the football field in our colours.

I don't see anyone completely happy that Luiz is no longer a Chelsea player..just happy that we got so much for a player who is not in Jose's long term plans as a CB or DM.

fans putting the success of our team above fondness for any one player.

So happy about Luiz' departure for the sum. Mata, de Bruyne and Luiz sold for a huge amount of money, well done José!

Just feck those annoying foreign/ african facebook fans who cry about every news from Chelsea and want Mourinho out and Benitez in (wtf!?) or Mata back

fuck you too

Not similar. Luiz is leaving for a unbelievable amount of money, he became the most expensive defender in the world.

Even Luiz fans, like me, won't complain about that move.

So happy about Luiz' departure for the sum. Mata, de Bruyne and Luiz sold for a huge amount of money, well done José!

Just feck those annoying foreign/ african facebook fans who cry about every news from Chelsea and want Mourinho out and Benitez in (wtf!?) or Mata back

Vai tomar no seu cuh, arrombado.