test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

BlueLion.

30. David Luiz

Started by BlueLion.,

7,821 posts in this topic

David Luiz

pros:

can pass from the back (sometimes - nothing to do with defending though which as a CB I’d say is essential),

iconic hair (or so people say),

cons:

can’t defend to save his life,

no common sense (ties in with defending point)

Think we should of offloaded him in January. Last season was just bizarre almost like he was somebody else.

Luiz is a bang average player, maybe worse but there are far worse players in Chelsea right now we should focus on. One particularly our so called captain.

1 minute ago, Mana said:

Luiz is a bang average player, maybe worse but there are far worse players in Chelsea right now we should focus on. One particularly our so called captain.

He couldnt captain a barrel with a fucking.t shirt as a sail useless sack of shit

I don't understand why we're looking for scapegoats. Everyone is underperforming. This guy was sidelined for a lot of games and now you expect him to be a world beater?
What this team lacks is confidence.

The Skipper and manpe like this

Looks like a rabbit in the headlights already, had no idea what was going on last night. Mind you he was next to that fucking donkey Cahill, so that says a lot.

Him and Cahill are so unbelievably slow it's unreal.

I think Luiz's motivation suffered a huge blow after he realized that despite his great performance last season, Tite wasn't going to call him for this year's World Cup, so his dream of redeeming himself at International level was dead in the water. Its worth noting that Tite announce his last Brazilian squad in October 20. 11 days later Luiz came up with a shocking performance and the team was smashed by Roma. That was Luiz last game as a starting XI.

Luiz problem used to be that he always wanted to give more than he could. He used to be WAY too proactive for a CB. But this season its different, it seems he just doesn't care. He became WAY too passive. His performance against Watford was the typical performance coming from a player that does not give a fuck at all. Even his body language is different. Conte was a fan of Luiz, and out of nowhere he became the 5th CB in the picking order. I don't think Conte would drop Luiz just because of some discussion about his methods, but lack of commitment is a good reason to drop a player.
That's very interesting to know, didn't know anything about that international selection thing. You might be right, and as Conte himself said when he first arrived, that he would prefer to kill a player who doesn't give his all.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, Henrique said:

I think Luiz's motivation suffered a huge blow after he realized that despite his great performance last season, Tite wasn't going to call him for this year's World Cup, so his dream of redeeming himself at International level was dead in the water. Its worth noting that Tite announce his last Brazilian squad in October 20. 11 days later Luiz came up with a shocking performance and the team was smashed by Roma. That was Luiz last game as a starting XI.

Luiz problem used to be that he always wanted to give more than he could. He used to be WAY too proactive for a CB. But this season its different, it seems he just doesn't care. He became WAY too passive. His performance against Watford was the typical performance coming from a player that does not give a fuck at all. Even his body language is different. Conte was a fan of Luiz, and out of nowhere he became the 5th CB in the picking order. I don't think Conte would drop Luiz just because of some discussion about his methods, but lack of commitment is a good reason to drop a player.

Ironically, Tite used to love him.

When Chelsea played Corinthians at the WCC, Tite (coaching Corinthians) spoke numerous time how concerned he was about David Luiz in midfield, and how dominant he was in the prior game.

Then, of course the great Benitez moved DL back into defense, against Corinthians. We played like shit and lost with Torres missing his usual sitter.

Not now obviously, but when he was younger (25-26) he should IMO have moved to midfield permanently. Training schedule, even some additional stamina focus training, which would make him a much better player. His weaknesses are far less important and his strengths far more important in midfield than defense.

You know the saying: "you don't know what you have until it's gone". He was slated when playing for us this season but you can see how much we have missed him. Without him their is the lack of physical presence and calmness he offers. The defence looks so vulnerable and physically inept sometimes without him. Just a shame it is too late now.

Amblève. likes this

You know the saying: "you don't know what you have until it's gone". He was slated when playing for us this season but you can see how much we have missed him. Without him their is the lack of physical presence and calmness he offers. The defence looks so vulnerable and physically inept sometimes without him. Just a shame it is too late now.
Conte doesn't want him in the XI, so his absence makes little difference. AC certainly isn't ready to be a starter

7 minutes ago, LAM09 said:
9 minutes ago, Stats said:

Conte doesn't want him in the XI, so his absence makes little difference. AC certainly isn't ready to be a starter

He is injured. I am sure if he was fit, Conte would see sense and realise we could do with his experience and presence on the pitch.

1 hour ago, Stats said:

When has Luiz ever offered calmness? 

58 minutes ago, LAM09 said:
1 hour ago, Stats said:

Really? He is for me but he’s made a lot of mistakes recently, he should have been taken out of the 11 yes but there’s no doubts in my mind that he’s ready to play here.

1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

When has Luiz ever offered calmness? 

Really? He is for me but he’s made a lot of mistakes recently, he should have been taken out of the 11 yes but there’s no doubts in my mind that he’s ready to play here.

I mean calmness on the ball. He is not scared to carry the ball out. But people here are fickle. I like Christensen a lot but people saw him for a few games and labelled him almost as the second coming of Christ without seeing him play a whole length of games for us. That is not taking anything away from him but it just shows that Luiz was not the sole cause for our mistakes as some were suggesting.

Amblève. and OneMoSalah like this

11 minutes ago, Stats said:

I mean calmness on the ball. He is not scared to carry the ball out. But people here are fickle. I like Christensen a lot but people saw him for a few games and labelled him almost as the second coming of Christ without seeing him play a whole length of games for us. That is not taking anything away from him but it just shows that Luiz was not the sole cause for our mistakes as some were suggesting.

That’s true. I think if Antonio could have had Luiz fit he’d have given AC a few games out with Luiz in just to take the heat off but I remember seeing Marc Bartra at Barca, he struggled for a while but played through it and has become a pretty decent player so their is cases for both ways. ACs good enough to play for Chelsea a few wobbly moments doesn’t help and I’ve been quite vocal about him making big mistakes in big games but stil think he will be a top player for us.

Stats likes this