test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

BlueLion.

30. David Luiz

Started by BlueLion.,

7,659 posts in this topic

As steady and faultless as Christensen has been I firmly believe that Luiz adds something to this team that no other player in our squad besides Hazard can. I still want to see a Cesar-Luiz-Christensen backline.

lucio and Mufassir08 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Amblève. said:

As steady and faultless as Christensen has been I firmly believe that Luiz adds something to this team that no other player in our squad besides Hazard can. I still want to see a Cesar-Luiz-Christensen backline.

I think 99% of the Chelsea footballing population want to see that backline. We needs to get rid of Cahill and I know a guy' if you get what I'm saying. 

lucio likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who would we want from Barca in swapsies?

b9e191192da5f623e3f6f15943b83c80.gif

Chelsea will have choice of Barcelona midfielders in David Luiz deal

Chelsea are going to have the pick of a handful of Barcelona midfielders if they agree to sell David Luiz to Barcelona in the January transfer window.

https://playingfor90.com/2017/12/28/chelsea-boost-attack-january-80-million-striker-transfer/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even if Cahill is playing well now, and our back 3 are rock solid. I still want him back into the team. Because the problem with the current back 3 is their ball playing abilities. Azpilicueta does tend to chip in some good passes, but the other two are usually clueless as to what they should do with the ball. You see the ball being passed around, knowing that one or the other time it would be intercepted leading to a chance. We need a ball playing defender. And we don't even have to look in the window for him. He is on our bench. Yet it completely is above me why this glaring problem isn't fixed and why he isn't played.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, cfcs most wanted said:

Even if Cahill is playing well now, and our back 3 are rock solid. I still want him back into the team. Because the problem with the current back 3 is their ball playing abilities. Azpilicueta does tend to chip in some good passes, but the other two are usually clueless as to what they should do with the ball. You see the ball being passed around, knowing that one or the other time it would be intercepted leading to a chance. We need a ball playing defender. And we don't even have to look in the window for him. He is on our bench. Yet it completely is above me why this glaring problem isn't fixed and why he isn't played.

While I do like the lad as a person and hes probably great in the dressing room I'm really torn about him. He is so bipolar. Hes red hot one minute and totally clueless the next. Still might prefer him over Cahill. Prefer Rudi over Cahill. Should have let him go with Bane IMHO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=pt&u=https://esporte.uol.com.br/futebol/ultimas-noticias/2018/01/04/chelsea-recusa-sondagens-e-quer-manter-david-luiz-a-pedido-de-conte.htm&prev=search

Chelsea refuse polls and wants to keep David Luiz at Conte's request... -

Chelsea are not willing to negotiate David Luiz in the January transfer window. The defender has been targeted as Barcelona and Milan in European newspapers, but UOL Esporte has learned that Antonio Conte, manager of the English club, personally told the defender that he does not intend to release him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/29/2017 at 6:56 PM, Amblève. said:

As steady and faultless as Christensen has been I firmly believe that Luiz adds something to this team that no other player in our squad besides Hazard can. I still want to see a Cesar-Luiz-Christensen backline.

This. Luiz adds character and grit to our side. He has that fire that pushes the team forward.

It will be big miss for us if he is sold.

He might have brainfarts in defence, so maybe midfield, but everyone rates him so poorly in midfield. I would love to use him next to Kante and Cesc for few games.

Amblève. and Unionjack like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

This. Luiz adds character and grit to our side. He has that fire that pushes the team forward.

It will be big miss for us if he is sold.

He might have brainfarts in defence, so maybe midfield, but everyone rates him so poorly in midfield. I would love to use him next to Kante and Cesc for few games.

Luiz is made for the defensive/sweeper midfield role. It really pisses me off that he hasn't been given a real chance in that position. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DDA said:

Luiz is made for the defensive/sweeper midfield role. It really pisses me off that he hasn't been given a real chance in that position. 

He has, but he is poor on the ball for a midfielder and nearly everytime he plays there our possession levels are embarrassingly low and he's a big part in why. Maybe in the CL in games we are not bothered about how well we play he can be an option, but as a week by week option i'd personally consider Azpi and Christensen for midfield roles before David.

DYC. likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Tomo said:

He has, but he is poor on the ball for a midfielder and nearly everytime he plays there our possession levels are embarrassingly low and he's a big part in why. Maybe in the CL in games we are not bothered about how well we play he can be an option, but as a week by week option i'd personally consider Azpi and Christensen for midfield roles before David.

Having said that, as current form stands, who would you rather in a midfield role? Bakayoko or Luiz? 

Luiz only played a handfull of games in that role. This was on his previous spell here too. We can see his game has matured since those days. Look how he played the CB role in our 2016/2017 title winning season. It was hard to believe how disciplined he had become under Conte considering how eratic he could be. Who is to say wether Conte could utilise his attributes and transform him into a defensive minded midfielder. He has pace, vision, can tackle, wide range of passing ability and lots of energy. All the tools needed for such a role.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, DDA said:

Having said that, as current form stands, who would you rather in a midfield role? Bakayoko or Luiz? 

Luiz only played a handfull of games in that role. This was on his previous spell here too. We can see his game has matured since those days. Look how he played the CB role in our 2016/2017 title winning season. It was hard to believe how disciplined he had become under Conte considering how eratic he could be. Who is to say wether Conte could utilise his attributes and transform him into a defensive minded midfielder. He has pace, vision, can tackle, wide range of passing ability and lots of energy. All the tools needed for such a role.

Bakayoko, and im not even intending that as a compliment to him.

David's technical ability is overrated, yes he can ping passes from defense, but in midfield you won't get as much time on the ball and he's not very good at driving with it and getting past players. He is, for me, a big reason why the ball keeps coming back at us whenever he playes CDM.

DYC. likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tomo said:

Bakayoko, and im not even intending that as a compliment to him.

David's technical ability is overrated, yes he can ping passes from defense, but in midfield you won't get as much time on the ball and he's not very good at driving with it and getting past players. He is, for me, a big reason why the ball keeps coming back at us whenever he playes CDM.

I would play Luiz purely because Bakayoko is a liability defensively, but I agree with the rest. Ideally of course neither of them would come close to our midfield. Would rather play Azpi in midfield, he is intelligent enough, has better vision and ball-playing skills than both, but he's far too important in our defence to move him away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DDA said:

Having said that, as current form stands, who would you rather in a midfield role? Bakayoko or Luiz? 

Luiz only played a handfull of games in that role. This was on his previous spell here too. We can see his game has matured since those days. Look how he played the CB role in our 2016/2017 title winning season. It was hard to believe how disciplined he had become under Conte considering how eratic he could be. Who is to say wether Conte could utilise his attributes and transform him into a defensive minded midfielder. He has pace, vision, can tackle, wide range of passing ability and lots of energy. All the tools needed for such a role.

Luiz can’t play CDM. He starts being too erratic, gets overly excited and for all his energy and running about he is out of position more often than not. Just look at the game vs Roma where he was played there other than the goal and some passes he was all over the joint. Benitez and Mourinho both struggled to get him to be disciplined in that position. Him playing there is a big no no unless we have absolutely nobody else to play there.

Even as a CB he takes risks, I think 3 at the back gave him a good bit more responsibility in the middle because he is the last line so to speak but he also averaged less touches on the ball and less defensive actions than the wide CBs a lot of the time which is why I think as well Cahill looked very solid in the middle of the back 3 in the previous few games he played too. I’m still not overly convinced Luiz is as solid as Azpilicueta, Rudiger or Christensen for instance because you always feel watching him he’s got the devil on one shoulder telling him to do something stupid, although he’s nowhere near the train wreck he was under Villas-Boas. I genuinely think his passing is overrated as well, I mean I get building from the back yes but people make out that Luiz is like the best CB in the world for this, the likes of Christensen, Stones, Pique, Ramos etc do this very well but they keep it simple and for me simplicity is better than those Hollywood passes that come off 1/10. Bonucci is by far the best example because he can make passes like the one for the Italy goal against Belgium at the Euros but he doesn’t actually make them every week or choose the difficult option as his first choice. Only if it’s highly likely to come off. We have enough problems with our CMs giving the ball away without encouraging a CB to try his best impression of Xavi Alonso. I get taking risks but Luiz is prone to just try force it and the nearest player would be miles a way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't understand what has happened to him. His performances went from world class to bang average over the summer.

the wes and Unionjack like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.