test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

BlueLion.

30. David Luiz

Started by BlueLion.,

7,600 posts in this topic
7 hours ago, Tomo said:

He is the type of player that needs his manager to be truly invested in him, well coached he is one of the best CB's around. Conte and Rafa worked hard on him and reaped the reward's, Jose and Carlo couldn't really be bothered and reverted to the "safer" option's of Cahill and Alex after a while and AVB and RDM aren't coaches that know defending to put it mildly.

Spot on. Luiz was awesome under Rafa as well. 

Amblève. and Tomo like this

Always loived the old boy and glad he came back. Must be a useful presence in the dressing room

Video: Chelsea star David Luiz does a brilliant Antonio Conte impression

DYC. and Blue Armour like this

18 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Always loived the old boy and glad he came back. Must be a useful presence in the dressing room

Video: Chelsea star David Luiz does a brilliant Antonio Conte impression

Fabulous video that, you can sense the players enjoy it and enjoy him.

Unionjack likes this

2 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Fabulous video that, you can sense the players enjoy it and enjoy him.

I remember a vid of him when he 1st joined us and liked him ever since. He came across really like a nice guy who would do all he could for anyone. And very humble.

The Don said he could turn him into one of the best CBs going and many of our supporters gave a titter and tho he might not be the best I'm more than happy that we got him. Lets see if he gets a strong guy to his left it will make any difference.

1 hour ago, Unionjack said:

I remember a vid of him when he 1st joined us and liked him ever since. He came across really like a nice guy who would do all he could for anyone. And very humble.

The Don said he could turn him into one of the best CBs going and many of our supporters gave a titter and tho he might not be the best I'm more than happy that we got him. Lets see if he gets a strong guy to his left it will make any difference.

Oooooh. I still remember that as well. Everyone went mental when Conte said that a while back and everybody laughed at him and Luiz.

And look at Conte, Luiz and us now. Tu-hu! 

Unionjack likes this

1 hour ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

I thought he had a poor game today. Not playing as consisently well as he did earlier this season. Hopefully he is ready for the Man City challenge.

He was MOTM against Stoke just before the international break imo. Don't forget. 

Probably his worst game this season though. He'll pick it up, he usually does well in big games. 

Yeah Benteke showed Luiz's weakness, tho the whole team defended like last season for the 2 goals yuk , if only we had a superfit Zouma , at least against city there will be no physical battle for him apart from the Aguero-Luiz feud.

Unionjack likes this

Thought he was horrific today.....Switched off 4-5 times and and then once the game was out of reach just played where he wanted too.

He loses all composure when we are behind, mentally he's very poor.

In games like this you just realise Luiz is still a clown he used to be.

He's been largely impressive this season but lately, he's been playing like the frustrating and error-prone Luiz we've come to know over the years. Why did he decide to drop in and play Rashford onside was beyond me. It's the same blunder he made against Hernandez 6 years ago at United.

OneMoSalah likes this

I think he's clearly injured. Luiz is physically very good but it looks like he's playing with one leg sometimes. 

Peace. likes this

2 hours ago, The Skipper said:

I think he's clearly injured. Luiz is physically very good but it looks like he's playing with one leg sometimes. 

or half brain, more likely...

He's had ten good games to every bad game he's had this season - but even so, yesterday was just shocking. 

He set the tone for a frantic team performance with how uncomfortable he looked early on. People say Herrera's throughball for Rashford was the pass of the season - it wasn't. One simple, straight ball took out our entire defence, and Luiz was in a different post code to Rashford by the time he recognised the danger. Poor all-round.

Was expecting this to happen sooner or later. I think hes been good for us most of the season but last few games hes shown glimpses of the good old lack of concentration hes always had. Its not particularly a major issue for me right now because he along with Azpi have been two of the most consistent center backs in England this year but I think he is the sort of guy who needs to be reminded constantly to be 100% focused. He has a shit tonne of experience though, so really it shouldnt be happening but hey we are all human. Saying that too I don't think hes looked fully fit since Aguero fucked him up either but hes been in the team ever since so I doubt its a major concern that would make Conte take him out indefinitely to rest/recover, especially now we have 6 games to go in the most vital part of the season for us.  

18 hours ago, BlueLion. said:

He's had ten good games to every bad game he's had this season - but even so, yesterday was just shocking. 

He set the tone for a frantic team performance with how uncomfortable he looked early on. People say Herrera's throughball for Rashford was the pass of the season - it wasn't. One simple, straight ball took out our entire defence, and Luiz was in a different post code to Rashford by the time he recognised the danger. Poor all-round.

Although Luiz had a shocker all game he recovered well after Rashford went past him. 

If Begovic stayed on his line Rashford would have been forced further from goal and barring a wonderfully placed shot or Rashford unleashing his inner Messi and leaving David for dead with a peice of skill that would have meant danger gone. 

He had a shocking game but did the right thing in that moment but Asmir came out too quickly.