David Luiz

the wes

Cant see why is everyone soo excited....its not like you will get any of those 50m <_<

And there is no guarantee we will actualy spend that money on world class CM, striker or whoever..

Right now only thing is that we are about to lose one of biggest faces of this Chelsea team.

Mata and De Bruyne are showing they are still fantastic players...Its Mou fault as he is unable to adopt himself to suit the players and team we already have. He needs to sell half of players and bring half new ones to make his team work...it better work for Mou next season, because if we lose titles, he will get fired and we will stick with bunch of players that no one will be able to turn into decent attacking football side...

Here's what I'm excited about.

- 40-50m means if a target comes up we will have no problem generating the funds necessary to purchase(Vidal, Pogba, Cesc, Rakitic)

- Chelsea are now selling for profit!

- Gives room for youngsters to come in and apply themsleves (Kalas, Zouma, Chalobah, Ake)

- Ivanovic is now utility defender (RB,CB)

- Someone else will be given free kick duties

If this isn't enough of a reason to be elated I don't know what is. David is a fantastic footballer but for the fee being bandied about I'm pretty sure everyone at Chelsea is damn chomping at the bit to sign this deal. We have CB sorted and DM we have Matic and need something else there, this deal helps us get there.

David Luiz will improve PSG tremendously. They are overpaying for him because they have to; they are the new rich and as such they have to attract talent by overpaying for them. DL is one of the few players of that caliber (don't fight the evidence - market value) that is available and PSG is taking advantage of that.

I personally feel is the right move for them, esp if they keep Silva as DL and Silva have played very well together.

Like I said many times before, DL aside, I dislike our CB pairing. It hurts us esp when playing weak sides at home as both are incapable of contributing to attacking play; they are also uncomfortable playing a higher defense line.

From what I've heard, Zouma is also a breaker, not a maker, so I am actually concerned that we will have just as much difficulty in breaking these smaller sides with our without better strikers.

I'd like us to go for Phil Jones, who could cover for the RB as well. Someone a bit pacey who can make runs forward from the back is needed IMO.

Kaka cost 65M€ to Real Madrid 5 years ago. If we sell David Luiz for 50M£ we are selling a CB that doesn't play for the price of the third best player in the world 5 years ago.

I don't think they will pay 50M£, but if they do please tell PSG that we have a lot of other players really good. And if they don't like what they have, we can give them a little bit of money for the players that are not good enough to play for PSG.

FOr example Marquinhos, Lucas, and many others.

I fear PSG will offer another insane, too good to turn down fee, when/if they want Hazard.

Like I said many times before, DL aside, I dislike our CB pairing. It hurts us esp when playing weak sides at home as both are incapable of contributing to attacking play; they are also uncomfortable playing a higher defense line.

From what I've heard, Zouma is also a breaker, not a maker, so I am actually concerned that we will have just as much difficulty in breaking these smaller sides with our without better strikers.

I'd like us to go for Phil Jones, who could cover for the RB as well. Someone a bit pacey who can make runs forward from the back is needed IMO.

How did Kompany + Demichellis and Skrtel + Sakho contribute to Liverpool and City's 100 goal attacks?

This is actually an honest question...

David Luiz (£21.3M) in 2011

De Bruyne (£6.7M) in 2012

Mata (£23.5M) in 2011

= £51.5M

Sold/Selling - £103.8M

Profit - £52.3M.

#CFC

Part of the deal in getting Luiz was part exchange with Matic..so 21m that we spent in getting Matic back should be taken out of the profit we made,but still good business overall.

They helped turn Matic into a great player so the money we gave to Benfica to get him back was well worth it.

I've been a vocal critic of some of Jose's antics, but I disagree with this. Luiz has been a defensive liability the moment he stepped into Stamford Bridge. It's not a Mourinho thing. If anything, Mourinho and the CFC board especially should be getting praised for selling a player we don't need for twice his actual value!

Luiz will be a defensive liability at CB in any side in the PL, even City.

Agree with this. Decent footballer, great character to have in your locker room, but a terrible defender. Chelsea must have already called Barcelona and Bayern to beg them not to interfere with this deal anymore. It's not really something you see everyday, stupid clubs to pay stupid amounts of money on this kind of players. Now it's the time to milk some easy money :D

Its Mou fault as he is unable to adopt himself to suit the players and team we already have. He needs to sell half of players and bring half new ones to make his team work...it better work for Mou next season, because if we lose titles, he will get fired and we will stick with bunch of players that no one will be able to turn into decent attacking football side...

What a load of horseshit. Jose knows how to win, that's what he's trying to build here. We brought him back because we trust his evaluation of talent. We sold Mata and bought Matic and still made a profit. Salah for DeBruyne also makes sense to me mainly because he is cool with coming off the bench and doesn't have an immense ego. He fast too...

We are on the brink of building one of the most complete squads in the world all we need is a true CF(Costa) and a ball mover in the engine room(Pogba??) with José Mário dos Santos Mourinho Félix at the helm. Nothing but great feelings and exciting times ahead as far as i'm concerned!

Last summer, I said Luiz was going to get sold either in the winter or the following summer.

Than, I get all these dumb responses that Chelsea isn't a selling club, etc....

My 2 cents on the Luiz transfer though... I don't rate Luiz as highly as others, however, I think current JT and Cahill are nowhere as good as people make them out to be... I personally think we need at least one agressive cb. All the big teams in Europe have at least one...

Luiz might not have shown his full ability here, but that doesn't mean he won't at PSG or anywhere else....

@DavidLuiz_4

Soccer passionate friends, please RT and support our cause: http://www.prizeo.com/lovefutbol # lovefutbol @lovefutbolBR pic.twitter.com/XYs5sRaMXB

So, he is tweeting and doing medical tests at the same time? :D

Do you really think that player do all their tweet by themselves?

Would be a fantastic deal for us. Luiz is a very good defender at times, but he simply doesn't fit into Mourinho's system and his offensive game has always been overrated (especially by himself). Occasional great passes and rare excellent free kicks never made up for the many loose passes and ill-advised shots IMO. I don't think I've ever seen a player so smart and so stupid at the same time. (Reading plays beautifully, stepping up to intercept passes and then making idiotic challenges and taking stupid shots) PSG are crazy to pay this reported amount for him but I'm not complaining.

I fear PSG will offer another insane, too good to turn down fee, when/if they want Hazard.

How did Kompany + Demichellis and Skrtel + Sakho contribute to Liverpool and City's 100 goal attacks?

This is actually an honest question...

They are capable of moving into the midfield (more pace) in a high(er) defense line. This helps the team in many ways: shorter passing, overlaps, interceptions in midfield, fewer touches to get to opponent's goal.

Out of the top 4 we employ the deepest defense line.