David Luiz

the wes

50m euros = £40m

As much as I think Luiz is insanely talented, he will likely always be a liability. Even if he proves to be world class there £40m is still a great price for any defender especially one who's 27. The move suits Luiz as well, plays with his international teammate which will help him cement his Brazil spot. The league will be a piece of piss where he'll rarely get tested and can look like a better defender + he gets CL football.

We can sign a left back for say £15m, use Ivanovic at centreback and rightback, with Azpi at RB. We have Zouma coming in, and Kalas and Christensen ready to step up. The remaining £25m can be used to sign strikers, or an actual midfielder which is better than using Luiz there

No he is not, they did use him and was quite poor. If they do sell marquinhos they can fetch around 25m. Marginal loss for PSG.

Luiz+Silva are the best CB pairing in the world, i truly belive that outside of Thiago Silva that David Luiz is as good as any CB in the world. Also David Luiz is very marketable and one of the most recognizable defenders in the world. A marketing agenda is also behind this buy.

As for us if we do inded buy a LB, Azpi can go back to RB and that would allow Ivanovic to become our 3rd CB, Ivanvoic is absolute quality as a CB so we don't need to buy another CB to replace Luiz.

Luiz is still a big loss not only from quality perspective but also like Mata a major loss as an ambassador for the club. Truly going to miss Luiz.

I think Luiz showed enough times he's not a reliable CB like the best in the world. Marquinhos, who's 7 years younger, was a fantastic CB in Roma, thats why PSG got him for 30m, but they didnt gave him the chance to stay in the line up, they preferred to go with Alex who already used to play with Silva. Did Luiz ever was a fantastic defensive CB anywhere? not in Chelsea, i dont think he was in Benfica either, so i dont know how can you say he's more talented than Marquinhos. Luiz is the one who needs to prove himself as a great CB in the age of 27, Marquinhos has a lot of time and imo he's already better in the main aspects.

Luiz would have been brilient in Barcelona, he's perfect for the position football and the attacking approach. I think he could be good in PSG because he playes with Silva, but Marquinhos could have been better.