David Luiz

the wes

No he is not, they did use him and was quite poor. If they do sell marquinhos they can fetch around 25m. Marginal loss for PSG.

Luiz+Silva are the best CB pairing in the world, i truly belive that outside of Thiago Silva that David Luiz is as good as any CB in the world. Also David Luiz is very marketable and one of the most recognizable defenders in the world. A marketing agenda is also behind this buy.

As for us if we do inded buy a LB, Azpi can go back to RB and that would allow Ivanovic to become our 3rd CB, Ivanvoic is absolute quality as a CB so we don't need to buy another CB to replace Luiz.

Luiz is still a big loss not only from quality perspective but also like Mata a major loss as an ambassador for the club. Truly going to miss Luiz.

Half right and half wrong.

I feel like when we as a club have no big manager, then these type of players take the face of the club.

But when you get a top manager like Mourinho, then Mourinho is the ambassador of the club.

Few managers like that attract more attention then players, before it was SAF, today I see Guardiola being one of them and already adding to the list is Simeone.

People will say we only got that much cash because PSG are insane. The PSG moneybags obviously played a big part, but I keep seeing our use of David as tunnel vision whereas other BIG teams have a bigger picture vision of David within their team. Anything 40M and over we absolutely should sell given his current role for us. But I don't think PSG will end up with Torres-esque buyer's remorse. He will be great!

Luiz should thank his PR team, he's one of the most marketable players in the world. The way he looks, his personality and the fact that he's one of the faces of the World cup makes his value go up by 20-30 million... realistically he should cost in the region of £25 million. Honestly though, Luiz going for £50million... :lol:

http://forum.psg.fr/showthread.php?t=332818&page=6

Half of your fans seem pleased about it. Well according to google translate!

Well it's the forum I'm From. The most trending thread is on a hidden section, but anyway we are please about getting DL but we all agree that we are clearly overpaying him way too far if we pay more for him than for Silva. Part of our excitement is also based on the fact that we played an awesome game at Stamford Bridge against us...

Definitely think they mean 50m EUROS. The £40m reported by BBC and Telegraph are more likely accurate.

You're right. 50m pounds seems hard to believe, considering they paid 42m euros for Thiago Silva. It's probably 40m pounds, which is still great business.

The fee might be ridiculous, but in the end of the day, Im sure Luiz will fullfill world class role there and PSG will have world class defence.

I thought we dont need to sell players...If Luiz is still of any importance to us, we would keep him few years ago...

If PSG is prepared to splash 50m on Luiz and we sell, two things are confirmed; PSG will be ready to splash 150m for Hazard and we are prepared to sell all our players for ridiculous fees.

At the end of the day, if we sell Luiz for 50m, I expect we spend that money on QUALITY. Vidal, Cavani, Modric, Varane,...whoever. We need quality and character, no more bench players...

Well it's the forum I'm From. The most trending thread is on a hidden section, but anyway we are please about getting DL but we all agree that we are clearly overpaying him way too far if we pay more for him than for Silva. Part of our excitement is also based on the fact that we played an awesome game at Stamford Bridge against us...

If Brazil wins the World Cup and he becomes one of the faces of it then you've got a great marketing asset. You're still paying a ridiculous amount but maybe PSG sees him as being a face of the club. He's certainly got 'personality', although I mean that in the most Disney/Nickelodeon sense.

Do you have Instagram? Do you like pictures of grown men with crazy hair sticking their tongues out? Then you are in luck :P

He's also a good defender on his day and he'll tear up the French league.