David Luiz

the wes

Luiz gets a lot of slack, but I think the main problem is the way we play.

Just like any other player, Luiz will fit some formations and tactics better than others. If we look at his perfomances from midfield against top clubs it can be seen that he is at his best when he has a more creative role and the team has more space to run into which he can exploit.

If he played in a team that revolved around possession, and where he is allowed more creative freedom from his deep defensive position, I think he would truly shine and justify a hefty price tag.

Cahill has benefited from the way Mou wants the defence to play as it hides his weaknesses, while it is the other way around for Luiz.

This is the thing about Luiz and arguments that support him - people meander from talking about him as a midfielder and defender too easily. You talk about the way we defend not suiting him but then talk up his performances as a midfielder. When you talk about his 'deep defensive position' do you mean CB or DM?

Are PSG buying a defender or midfielder here?

I think you're right that our system does require defenders to do the basics consistently and that is a problem for Luiz. He'll shine for PSG because the French league is far weaker.

No one in our squad is worth 50 million so I would take it with my eyes closed regardless of who the bid was for, whether Luiz, Hazard, Oscar, Courtos or even Terry, 50 million is a hell lot of money to turn down

Hazard = 80mil

No one in our squad is worth 50m? Lol.

Hazard is worth much more than 50m.

Hazard can be replaced by a player who is equally good for less than 50 million, Im not sayin his not good but 50 million is no laughing matter,

Hazard can be replaced by a player who is equally good for less than 50 million, Im not sayin his not good but 50 million is no laughing matter,

Please name these players? And don't say Reus because we all know if Reus didn't have that supposed release clause in his contract he'd be going for well over £50m too.

What I meant was that his perfomances against top teams as a midfielder allows him to show of his strengths better than his job in defence has. If he played as a CB in a possession-based team he would be able to act more like a CB-DM hybrid (Think Martinez in the german cup final) and would be allowed more of the freedom that makes him a worthwhile player.

Please name these players? And don't say Reus because we all know if Reus didn't have that supposed release clause in his contract he'd be going for well over £50m too.

Di Maria, Sanchez, Gotze, Mata, Griezmann, Robben just to name a few players who would be below the 50 million range and would give eqaully the same output as Hazard

Wrong assessment, I feel.

Hazard is worth more than 50m now & his stock is rising.

Hazard has potential to be as good as Messi or Ronaldo in three or more years.

Wrong assessment, I feel.

Hazard is worth more than 50m now & his stock is rising.

Hazard has potential to be as good as Messi or Ronaldo in three or more years.

The problem with us is we see 50 mill as nothin after Torres and Willian stupid transfer, but if one was to really use 50 million wisely they would get really really good players, take for example Liverpool bought Suarez for 22 million and Sturidge for 12 million tht is 16 million less than we paid for Torres who is arguably a worse player. im not sayin Hazard is not good enough but for 50 million I would sell him and use the funds to build an even better team

Chelsea have agreed to sell David Luiz to Paris St Germain for a fee which could approach £40million, and may make the shaggy-haired Brazilian the most expensive defender in the world.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/10851119/David-Luiz-to-move-to-Paris-Saint-Germain-after-Chelsea-agree-40million-fee.html

I was waiting for The Telegraph to report to actually believe it. Its bye bye, Luiz

The problem with us is we see 50 mill as nothin after Torres and Willian stupid transfer, but if one was to really use 50 million wisely they would get really really good players, take for example Liverpool bought Suarez for 22 million and Sturidge for 12 million tht is 16 million less than we paid for Torres who is arguably a worse player. im not sayin Hazard is not good enough but for 50 million I would sell him and use the funds to build an even better team

Sorry pal, but I honestly do not wish to go round & round here. You have your opinion & I have mine.

Hazard is very close to 50m right now & counting.

Willian was worth to buy, in my view. Torres was, is a flop for 50m. There is no need to compare Torres to anyone, it´s useless.

Also, thank God you have nothing to do with Chelsea´s transfers.

Di Maria, Sanchez, Gotze, Mata, Griezmann, Robben just to name a few players who would be below the 50 million range and would give eqaully the same output as Hazard

Robben would be an awful signing simply because he's ageing now.

Griezmann and Sanchez are not in Hazard's class.

Mata and Gotze are predominantly number 10s.

Real don't need to sell Di Maria and Hazard is better than him out wide anyway.

Selling Hazard and replacing him for any of these would be a downgrade.

Sorry pal, but I honestly do not wish to go round & round here. You have your opinion & I have mine.

Hazard is very close to 50m right now & counting.

Willian was worth to buy, in my view. Torres was, is a flop for 50m. There is no need to compare Torres to anyone, it´s useless.

Also, thank God you have nothing to do with Chelsea´s transfers.

If I did I would definatly not hv wasted 50 million on a guy who was clearly injured, I would not have spent 7 million on Demba Ba instead would hv given a chance to my young striker sturridge, I would also not have spent 32 million on willian when I needed to spend on a that money on a striker a position which was of a more prior concern,

If I did I would definatly not hv wasted 50 million on a guy who was clearly injured, I would not have spent 7 million on Demba Ba instead would hv given a chance to my young striker sturridge, I would also not have spent 32 million on willian when I needed to spend on a that money on a striker a position which was of a more prior concern,

As I said, thank God you have nothing to do with it.