David Luiz

the wes

One mistake? Fine, do you remember Terry's OG vs. Crystal Palace during the run in?

one mistake?

so the cardiff howler and the newcastle game was nothing!!!!

the wba game was probably (not sure about this) DL's only PL game as a CB for us in this calender year. so its one match, one mistake. and kudos for comparing it to JT's. that evens them out completely. 30 odd matches 1 mistake, and 1 match 1 mistake. perfect. :lol:

Anybody who choses ramires over DL in the cm position you lose it for me.

I agree with everything about being a good business and all that.

But for Chelsea it won't be if we sell DL and stick with ramires in the mid.

That's just been shit for this whole season.

If we sell DL and can get someone better then ramires and DL for CM then it will benefit us greatly.

Otherwise I rather keep DL then continue with ramires in mid.

so jose has lost it for you? ok!!!

one mistake?

the wba game was probably (not sure about this) DL's only PL game as a CB for us in this calender year. so its one match, one mistake. and kudos for comparing it to JT's. that evens them out completely. 30 odd matches 1 mistake, and 1 match 1 mistake. perfect. :lol:

He's clearly talking about David Luiz getting an extended run in after we defensively solidified as a team, offered our CBs more protection and took on a more conservative look... i.e. after the Cardiff and Newcastle game.

He's clearly talking about David Luiz getting an extended run in after we defensively solidified as a team, offered our CBs more protection and took on a more conservative look... i.e. after the Cardiff and Newcastle game.

Indeed... defensive solidity that remained until the very end and IMO costed us a few points at home.

You are also missing a game, our current pairing leaked many goals for two games (maybe 3) after Newcastle.

No fucking way gonna find and post that from my iPhone :)

Doesn't matter anymore though as he did not get the games.

Hope our team is a bit more balanced next season but not optimistic based on the names.

one mistake?

Nice one, learn to read. :lol:

Who said that?

Has he chosen ramires over DL in the big matches?

I don't remember, he prefer to use DL and matic as it gave him a better combo.

he has chosen rambo over everyone whenever rambo has been available, that is how i would remember rambo's season. i dont remember rambo is starting on the bench or dropped from the squad. which match are you talking about?

extended run in? when we were fighting for the title and a minor slip up could be costly plus DL making a mistake in the only oppurtunity he got, added to the fact that GC+JT were immense through out the season. well seems very unfair to DL that he dint get an extended run in...

he has chosen rambo over everyone whenever rambo has been available, that is how i would remember rambo's season. i dont remember rambo is starting on the bench or dropped from the squad. which match are you talking about?

City vs Chelsea.

It was more the case after that match.

Not before when we didn't had matic.

extended run in? when we were fighting for the title and a minor slip up could be costly plus DL making a mistake in the only oppurtunity he got, added to the fact that GC+JT were immense through out the season. well seems very unfair to DL that he dint get an extended run in...

What are you on about? I'm not talking about whether it was fair to give Luiz a run in or not (I stated numerous times during the season that JT + Cahill were deservedly our number 1 partnership and that Luiz shouldn't get a look in because they are both playing very well), I merely stated that Kieran was right in saying that Luiz only had one game at CB after we became more conservative as a team and that using one mistake in one game to justify why Luiz wasn't being picked instead of just simply stating that JT & Cahill were the better partnership (which is a far better reason) is as illogical as saying that JT should've been dropped because he scored an OG against Palace that also cost us the game and points in the run in.

City vs Chelsea.

It was more the case after that match.

Not before when we didn't had matic.

we needed someone who could do a defensive job on the wing. who better than rambo for it. that was the reason for it and even against ATM, even though mikel played that match, rambo started on the wing.

What are you on about? I'm not talking about whether it was fair to give Luiz a run in or not (I stated numerous times during the season that JT + Cahill were deservedly our number 1 partnership and that Luiz shouldn't get a look in because they are both playing very well), I merely stated that Kieran was right in saying that Luiz only had one game at CB after we became more conservative as a team and that using one mistake in one game to justify why Luiz wasn't being picked instead of just simply stating that JT & Cahill were the better partnership (which is a far better reason) is as illogical as saying that JT should be dropped because he scored an OG against Palace that also cost us the game.

why is it not? our manager trusts a 33 year old to play almost every match in the season rather than resting him and playing DL as a CB in few of the matches. there is a reason behind it. he does not trust DL and DL dint help himself in those regards.

how is making individial errors not a part of it? GC-JT is a better partnership cos they not only suit our low block better than DL but cos they are also less error prone. we are not a team that can afford to give a goal cos of a moment of madness cos we dont score that many.

also kieran's exact words were He didn't get a chance when we changed to a more defensive minded approach this season

he did get a chance and he screwed it.

why is it not? our manager trusts a 33 year old to play almost every match in the season rather than resting him and playing DL as a CB in few of the matches. there is a reason behind it. he does not trust DL and DL dint help himself in those regards.

how is making individial errors not a part of it? GC-JT is a better partnership cos they not only suit our low block better than DL but cos they are also less error prone. we are not a team that can afford to give a goal cos of a moment of madness cos we dont score that many.

:doh: Again, re-read what I said, I'm not saying that Luiz should've played more at CB. I don't know what you're trying to argue here.

we needed someone who could do a defensive job on the wing. who better than rambo for it. that was the reason for it and even against ATM, even though mikel played that match, rambo started on the wing.

Matic not available for cl....

also kieran's exact words were He didn't get a chance when we changed to a more defensive minded approach this season he did get a chance and he screwed it.

You can't tell me one game is a proper chance - which is exactly why Kieran brought up the JT error - because with that same logic you can say that JT should've also been dropped; which we all know is just wrong.

Mourinho didn't give Luiz an extended run at CB after we became more conservative not because he made a mistake against in the one "chance" he got. He stopped playing him there simply because JT + Cahill were immaculate for the whole season.

You just need to read this topic to understand why Cahill is not a great CB. He is the first choice because Luiz makes a lot of mistakes, not because he is great.

For me its really weird, while people keep praising Cahill because he won the starting XI role, they keep saying Luiz is useless and brainless defender. So, whats the big deal about Cahill being the first choice at this moment, if the other option is a CB that can't even defend?

Cahill still is the same defender he was 2 years ago, and Terry is far from being as good as 10 years ago, but both players are more suited to Mourinho's tactics, its obvious. Lets make things clear here: Luiz is twice the player that Cahill is. There is a reason why the rumors are suggesting Barcelona is willing to pay 30m for a brainless and stupid player, while solid rock Cahill market value is probably under 20m, and while teams like PSG are interested in Luiz, probably only some Chelsea's fans and englishmen believe Cahill is a Top 3 Cb in the world.

This season, even Juan Mata looked like a shit player in the moments he was on the pitch.

Matic not available for cl....

precisely my point. rambo playing as a defensive winger dint have much to do with matic playing against city. rambo's versatility played a role their.

dude, i dont know what u r trying to even argue here.

do u really think that rambo has not played enough for us. he has played 3793 minutes despite being suspended for [7 PL games (5 yellow cards, 2 suspensions of 3 games each) plus 2 match ban for CL] making it a total of 9 games.

we played a total of 57 games, which meant rambo was eligible for 48 of them (4320 minutes) which means he has played about 88% of the time he has been available. i seriously dont know what u r talking about.