David Luiz

the wes

This might be true that the dudes are in London. Lets say the Benfica guys learnt that Chelsea can get a deal done by Monday for KJAER, so that erases any chance of chelsea taking Luiz and paying all that money. They know that no other club will pay that kind of money (apart from City, who have already said that they will not be paying over the odds). Real Madrid will never pay that kind of money for a defender. So infact, if chelsea get Kjaer for 12M, then Benfica will have lost big time. Something funny is that even Benfica fans are saying is better the Club sells Luiz because he is not even worth that money. :smiliecap1:

I guess it comes down to a personal thing. After 3 failed bids, I find it hard to believe the Benfica president is in London to discuss the bid, I don't believe Roman is once to cave to the asking price. If he is here and a deal is being negotiated, then fair do's. But until that's properly confirmed, I find it hard to believe.

Very good point, what's interesting enough, is what sort of a role Ancelotti is in while all of this "supposed" happenings is going on. Does he get to make a decision on what happens and what doesn't?? That's what I want to know.

Very good point, what's interesting enough, is what sort of a role Ancelotti is in while all of this "supposed" happenings is going on. Does he get to make a decision on what happens and what doesn't?? That's what I want to know.

If Ancelotti agreed with the rest of the board that we need a top class CB and Luiz should be top of our list that's where his say in the matter ends.

This might be true that the dudes are in London. Lets say the Benfica guys learnt that Chelsea can get a deal done by Monday for KJAER, so that erases any chance of chelsea taking Luiz and paying all that money. They know that no other club will pay that kind of money (apart from City, who have already said that they will not be paying over the odds). Real Madrid will never pay that kind of money for a defender. So infact, if chelsea get Kjaer for 12M, then Benfica will have lost big time. Something funny is that even Benfica fans are saying is better the Club sells Luiz because he is not even worth that money. :smiliecap1:

Yeah that's what I was thinking was the plan when I heard about this (allowing myself to think hypothetically about it). They must've been playing hard-ball because they thought we were only after him, when they then heard of our "accepted bid of Kjaer" they must've panicked. The incentive for them to fly over it clear "take what Chelsea are offering, or we may not get anything after all". ChelseaDaft had the same idea, and I have to admit, it makes sense.

Then in that case, there's no way it can be true! Unless SkySports are dubbing it to be true, otherwise why would they make a big deal over it?

No. It might be true. Its not because SkySports is not reporting this to be true, that its no true. It might be true, who knows. There is a lot ot bullshit in press, but there is also lots of things that seems stupid and then is proven do be true.

well i know a lot of people here don't think this should be a top priority signing because we have two world class defenders in ivanovic and alex to pair up with terry but this guy is different class .

as pure personal comparison he might be just as good as alex and iva if not better but the difference he will make is , he will be a great partner for Terry , with his pace and superb reading of the game also his impressive ball distribution from the back he will add a lot of missed quality to our backline .

it's not just that but also he can comfortably play anywhere in the back 4 , so with bosingwa's current form and ferrera who has proved to be a liability we need iva switch back to RB and we will have alex as a sub who will rotate with terry and luiz .

we will not have to worry about our back 4 within the next 3 or 4 years when terry and alex starts to age although i believe terry will continue to play at the highest level till his late 30s , and by that time bruma should be more than ready to partner with luiz .

keep in mind that luiz is only 23 years , we will hopefully get at least 7 or 8 years of great defender and then we can sell him for 10-15 millions . who would say that is bad businesses !!

he will be the most expensive defender in the club's history, and will become the fifth player to be signed for more than £20m

:chai:

Benfica have also enquired about the availability of striker Salomon Kalou, but Chelsea are ruling out letting the 25-year-old Ivory Coast international leave under such terms.

FFS.:censored: