David Luiz

the wes

So who would loose their Center Back spot? I guess Ivanovic would go back to RB, JT stays obviously... but Alex would loose out when he comes back from injury? Is he better than Alex??

Imo he isn't. Alex is great defender, he deserves a proper season with us. He started good this and then this injury. I really feel sorry for him

So who would loose their Center Back spot? I guess Ivanovic would go back to RB, JT stays obviously... but Alex would loose out when he comes back from injury? Is he better than Alex??

yes,he is ...

he will be the perfect partner to john terry . may be him and alex are on the same level but luiz will be the better option to play alongside with terry and he is very young .

Terry and Ivanovic form a superb CB duo, the club should focus on getting a right attacker and a creative midfielder.

Why is Alex so unappreciated on this site. Only Manuf said some good words months ago.

Why is Alex so unappreciated on this site. Only Manuf said some good words months ago.

I think that's a bit unfair.. Alex is rated but so is Ivanovic. For big strong centre forwards, Alex is the best. No doubt, his power is a great asset. But Ivanovic is much better defender, his tackles are better than Terry's at times. And from set pieces he's much more dangerous. In terms of combination play, Terry and Ivanovic work better than Terry and Alex. Imo.

Alex is world class! I would prefer Alex to play in the center and have Ivan on the right side. It worked so well last season i do not see why we shouldn't keep it that way! But thats what happens when you have injuries.

I appreciate Alex, trust me I do. He was better than Terry in the second half of last season, he was fantastic. But Ivanovic is better.

Terry and Alex are both (very) slow, although Alex' speed over distance isn't that bad, and lack agility, that scares me bit when we face a striker with pace. Ivanovic isn't the fastest but he's much faster than both Terry and Alex (over short and long distance).

Ivanovic and Alex are both great tacklers but Ivanovic beats him the air and Ivanovic has that 'never say die' attitude like Terry.

Ivanovic is also a lot more comfortable with the ball and is the better passer. Alex lacks in that department.

Alex is also very injury-prone.

I appreciate Alex, trust me I do. He was better than Terry in the second half of last season, he was fantastic. But Ivanovic is better.

Terry and Alex are both (very) slow, although Alex' speed over distance isn't that bad, and lack agility, that scares me bit when we face a striker with pace. Ivanovic isn't the fastest but he's much faster than both Terry and Alex (over short and long distance).

Ivanovic and Alex are both great tacklers but Ivanovic beats him the air and Ivanovic has that 'never say die' attitude like Terry.

Ivanovic is also a lot more comfortable with the ball and is the better passer. Alex lacks in that department.

Alex is also very injury-prone.

:mellow:

Ivanovic is not even in the same level Alex is as a central back. The best duo is Terry/Alex. Carlo knows that, and as soon as Alex is fit, Ivanovic will play as a right back again. The serbian is a very good right back. I dont think we need another one. He is our better right of the Abramovich years.

:mellow:

Ivanovic is not even in the same level Alex is as a central back. The best duo is Terry/Alex. Carlo knows that, and as soon as Alex is fit, Ivanovic will play as a right back again. The serbian is a very good right back. I dont think we need another one. He is our better right of the Abramovich years.

Totally disagree with you but if that's your opinion, okay wink.gif.

The thing that's annoying about Ivan on the right and Alex in the centre is the fact that you have to make two changes in the line-up (Ivanovic to the middle and Bos on the right). And we lack a good right winger and Bosingwa offers us more in an attacking sense.

And I read Ivanovic doesn't like playing at right back and that could effect him signing a new contract since there are enough teams out there looking for a great CB.

Chelsea were last night locked in talks with Benfica to sign David Luiz after making an improved offer of £21million for the highly rated Brazilian defender.

The Premier League champions' representatives were in Lisbon last night to negotiate the transfer and it is hoped that a deal can be announced ahead of Monday's match away to Bolton Wanderers. Chelsea bid for Luiz earlier this month but the offer was less than half Benfica's requested fee and was rejected out of hand. At that stage, Ancelotti was resigned to missing out on the player.

The Telegraph reports the story here

:eyebrows: :eyebrows:

Taken from Sky Sports News

Chelsea are reportedly locked in talks with Benfica to sign Brazilian defender David Luiz.

The 23-year-old international has emerged as Carlo Ancelotti's number one target to bolster his defence.

It is understood that Benfica shunned an offer of €25million plus Paulo Ferreira at the weekend.

But now Chelseaspacer.gif are said to be thinking about upping their offer to €30million (£25million).

Benfica are keen to keep Luiz until the summer, but local sources say they will do business if Chelsea come up to the £25million mark.

Chelsea, who missed out on the signing of Steven Pienaarspacer.gif earlier this week, will be anxious to make some sort of breakthrough in the transfer window in order to bolster their faltering title bid.

If the stories of Ferriera being part of the deal are true I hope he'll get a few minutes at our next home game to say goodbye. The man deserves a farewell.

If its true, then I am afraid we might have seen the last of Ferreira at home. our next game at home is against Liverpool on Feb 6, so no chance for him if he were to move in January.

If its true, then I am afraid we might have seen the last of Ferreira at home. our next game at home is against Liverpool on Feb 6, so no chance for him if he were to move in January.

Ah, that's sad then. Hopefully our away fans won't let us down in that aspect. A true legend and professional!