Roman Abramovich Thread

Guest justin_3d

How many people on here actually started supporting Chelsea AFTER Ambramovich bought the club....

A lot. But who the hell cares?

If the club is trying to expand you have to get new fans.

And in this wave of new fans, you will get the bad, the ugly, and the good ones. :)

Just because your angry with a decision Roman has made or you don't agree with something doesn't mean that you don't repect him. Some of you who were giving out about Carlo being sacked have changed your tune to oh its ok now because we respect Roman and its his decision....bullshit. Carlo was treated like shit and I'm not just going to say its ok because Roman is the owner and wants whats best for the club. There is no justifying how he was treated.

Carlo was not treated like shit. He was sacked because he deserved to be. He got 6m to leave and the club relesead a respectful statement.

I wish I was treated like shit with 6m in my pocket.

And what's your point ?

I have not phrased that right. What I am trying to say is that some people only chose to support Chelsea because we are now a big side. The only reason we are now a big club is due to Roman. How many would have chosen to support Chelsea had Bates still been in charge and we were a top 6 side?.

I have not phrased that right. What I am trying to say is that some people only chose to support Chelsea because we are now a big side. The only reason we are now a big club is due to Roman. How many would have chosen to support Chelsea had Bates still been in charge and we were a top 6 side?.

Since you consider it necessary to ask others, let me ask you too.

Would you have continued to support Chelsea had we not been bought by Roman?

Fair enough then. I'm glad you didn't mean it how I thought you did :)

Edited by LDN Blue

Since you consider it necessary to ask others, let me ask you too.

Would you have continued to support Chelsea had we not been bought by Roman?

I'm not saying it is a bad thing that we have attracted new fans. What I am trying to say is it is down to Roman that we attracted these fans. The question was not aimed at individuals or people on here but fans in general.

I have supported Chelsea since the mid 80's and I never dreamed then that we would compete with the likes of Man Ure in my lifetime. That is all down to one man...

I'm not saying it is a bad thing that we have attracted new fans. What I am trying to say is it is down to Roman that we attracted these fans. The question was not aimed at individuals or people on here but fans in general.

I have supported Chelsea since the mid 80's and I never dreamed then that we would compete with the likes of Man Ure in my lifetime. That is all down to one man...

Fair enough. Unfortunately I wasn't here in flesh and blood during the times of Chopper, Bonetti, Cooke, Ossie, Nevin and all. But I hope to be around to see Josh, Kakuta, Clifford, etc play their way to similar iconic statures ... and yes, make sure my kids follow them as well :)

Fair enough. Unfortunately I wasn't here in flesh and blood during the times of Chopper, Bonetti, Cooke, Ossie, Nevin and all. But I hope to be around to see Josh, Kakuta, Clifford, etc play their way to similar iconic statures ... and yes, make sure my kids follow them as well :)

Of that list I only saw Nevin in the flesh....I'm not that old.......:rolleyes:

Roman invested money and hired people to work on the football side of thing, Including the manager. If you were going by your work and your boss kept interfering and putting you under pressure, A few will work better, and the majority will start getting nervous and make mistakes. The fact is that if Roman really wants his money to be invested well, He has to stop sacking, hiring and sacking, I haven't checked but I'd imagine we've gone through more managers than any other team in the Premiership at the moment. We need a long term a manager, alot that Carlo was that long term manager, but for Chelsea I'd like to see Villa-Boas, as he's young, and he can stay at Chelsea for 10-15 years, and make us into one of the greatest teams of all time.

Carlo was that long term manager,

Don't agree with that at all.

Carlo was a trophy-coach. So he was brought in so we could lift titles in the short run, that's why we only put him on a 3-year contract. His track record with youth players was shocking and so we cannot call him long-term.

Don't agree with that at all.

Carlo was a trophy-coach. So he was brought in so we could lift titles in the short run, that's why we only put him on a 3-year contract. His track record with youth players was shocking and so we cannot call him long-term.

But with a 3 year contract in which like you say there's pressure of winning trophies, you can't take wholesale chances with kids.

But with a 3 year contract in which like you say there's pressure of winning trophies, you can't take wholesale chances with kids.

You people say he was sacked because of a trophyless season. I'm sure Roman is not stupid to say: "humm, if a manager dont win a trophy I'll axe him!!!".

Roman is not a stupid child. He is a business man. I can't believe how people picture him as a stupid man, who use Chelsea as his toy. He is self made man, he is not a stupid sheik who was born in a golden bed. He knows that football is not "manager mode" in Fifa 11.

Carlo was sacked because of his poor form as a manager, wich include his total failure build a system who would suit a 50m signing. Torres was destined to be a huge flop if Carlo was the manager in next season.

Yeah of course. Which is why I doubt he ever a long-term answer.

I honestly don't believe the selection of Ancelotti was made for a long term future. I think the board was blinded by the Champions League, which is why the prized him away from the San Siro. It's the only logical reason why he was scouted. I don't like talking about his history a lot - there have been numerous arguments on here about that - but it does give us a very clear insight into why he was selected to take over from Hiddink.

You people say he was sacked because of a trophyless season. I'm sure Roman is not stupid to say: "humm, if a manager dont win a trophy I'll axe him!!!".

He wouldn't have been sacked if we'd won the CL. Or another double, something big like that. They said it themselves, ''results are not upto the mark'' which means even if we'd played poorly but got results, he'd still be in charge.

Carlo was sacked because of his poor form as a manager, wich include his total failure build a system who would suit a 50m signing. Torres was destined to be a huge flop if Carlo was the manager in next season.

That's not a fact, it's your opinion.

He wouldn't have been sacked if we'd won the CL. Or another double, something big like that. They said it themselves, ''results are not upto the mark'' which means even if we'd played poorly but got results, he'd still be in charge.

That's not a fact, it's your opinion.

I believe in the rumours that his fate was sealed after CL exit. Journalists close to the brazilian players said that there was a talk the even a PL trophy wasn't enough to save his job.

But we all here are discussing our opinions. You said that he was sacked because the lack of trophies. This is also an opinion.