Roman Abramovich Thread

Well now, almost everyone has been bashing our board and Roman and it's suddenly all quiet and peaceful. I'm glad some people realized the importance of this Russian fellow for our club and just how much we owe to him. Great post LDN.

I don't know about you but

IN ROMAN I TRUST

av-1882.jpg

Well said LDN, Roman has always acted in what he belives are the best interests of the club, have they always been correct? Probably not, personally I think he has gotten this decision absolutely spot on but thats a whole other matter. Instead lets be thankful that we have an owner willing to pay 6 million to get rid of a manager who he doesn't believe is good for his club and then on top of that spend more money on bringing a new manager in who he thinks will lead us into the long term, lets be thankful that we have an owner willing to spend 80 million on transfers in January and has the right people in place who can bring a big name like Fernando Torres to Chelsea, lets be thankful that he has the football knowledge to know that the current squad needs revamping and that is what he is likely to do in the Summer and lets be thankful that we have an owner willing to spend the cash to do that, lets make no mistake, Roman Abramovich is the main reason for our success these past few years and lets be very thankful for him, a better owner we couldn't hope to have.

Guest justin_3d

My opinion:

When you watch a documentary like the Two Escobar, i don't know if you get that feeling of what some men have tried to do for this sport?

What Andres Escobar tried to do:

Put a game of respect, dignity, humility, compassion, and reconciliation. This is what made me love this sports so much.

And when I see some arrogant coach like Mourinho, trying to act a fool, and distort this beautiful sport i love, it pisses me of a lot.

Mourinho can be a Chelsea legend, and a great coach, but his shameful attitude is hurting the sport, where so many people gave their life for!

Andres Escobar = For the love of the sport.

Mourinho = Pride, fame and glory!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OC30LZqCi08&feature=related

Roman is the best owner in the world, yes he has made rash decisions that i dont agree with at-all(including the most recent) but he hasn't got to where he is today by being a bad business man.

Just be glad we have someone willing to invest in the team and the youth team and cares about the club, if he saw this as a "toy" he would have been gone long ago.

When I starting supporting Chelsea in the mid 80's as a little kid, my first season saw us relegated to the 2nd tier of English football. If you look at the club now, I think that sums up the difference Roman has made.....

Just because your angry with a decision Roman has made or you don't agree with something doesn't mean that you don't repect him. Some of you who were giving out about Carlo being sacked have changed your tune to oh its ok now because we respect Roman and its his decision....bullshit. Carlo was treated like shit and I'm not just going to say its ok because Roman is the owner and wants whats best for the club. There is no justifying how he was treated.

Just because your angry with a decision Roman has made or you don't agree with something doesn't mean that you don't repect him. Some of you who were giving out about Carlo being sacked have changed your tune to oh its ok now because we respect Roman and its his decision....bullshit. Carlo was treated like shit and I'm not just going to say its ok because Roman is the owner and wants whats best for the club. There is no justifying how he was treated.

:goodpost: and no justification for the treatment meted out to Ray Wilkins.

He knew the deal when he signed the contract. He earned £6million a season and his reputation has not been tarnished by his Chelsea stint. Like he said he will not shed a tear over it.

Roman needs to stop interfering with the manager affairs.

Like what some of us said here...

Right now we have to decide on the 1) style of football we are gonna play; 2) buy players who are capable of playing; 3) build a team around the current important players (Torres, Sturridge, McEachran, Essien, Ramires, Luiz)

Barring a few ungrateful people, I don't think anyone has 'disrespected' Roman, so not sure why the need to state that he should be respected.

I respect him, I love him, he's more than we could have hoped for, but he does have his faults and I'd be fully within my rights to talk about it when he does fuck up.

My real issue is more with the suits on the board. I'm not convinced about their footballing knowledge/pedigree and their commitment to this club. It's Roman's fault if he places a lot of emphasis on their opinion on footballing matters.