Roman Abramovich Thread

When Roman bought the team, he bought the right to make all decisions including right and wrong ones. It is our responsibility as fans to let him know when he's wrong but at the same time we must accept his decisions. I don't agree with how Carlo was treated but that doesn't make me blind to what Roman has given to us. I respect him for what he has done but I will lose respect for him if he ignores the fans that will eventually determine if this club remains successful or slides into obscurity. Let's all make our voices heard but let's also remember who signs the cheques.

and who pays for season tickets ,,buys shirts ,,,the official web site is little more than a glorified mail order shop .. apart from the managers interviews we are rarely told anything ... Roman has never said a single word to our fans and now the rest of the board say little.

and who pays for season tickets ,,buys shirts ,,,the official web site is little more than a glorified mail order shop .. apart from the managers interviews we are rarely told anything ... Roman has never said a single word to our fans and now the rest of the board say little.

Roman has never said anything anyway!!

Why should he? He's not in PR! He shouldn't have to break his silence when he knows everything he says will over analysed & twisted by others. I prefer him a quiet man.

And how do we know it's even his sole decision? I'm sure he's got a board of directors who sign off on this kind of stuff. It's not fair to lay sole blame on our owner. Gourlay & Buck must take their criticisms too.

Guest justin_3d

Every time we talk about Roman and how much he help us, i can't help but feel reminiscence of the 90's Colombia era.

A Colombia that got funded with Escobar drug money. This money helped Colombia achieve great success and become one of the world best team.

But as soon as Escobar got taking down, everything went down hill.

Are we going that same path? Too much reliance on one man's money, that once he is gone, it could truly usher a downturn in Chelsea FC?

Every time we talk about Roman and how much he help us, i can't help but feel reminiscence of the 90's Colombia era.

A Colombia that got funded with Escobar drug money. This money helped Colombia achieve great success and become one of the world best team.

Are we going that same path? Too much reliance on one man's money, that once he is gone, it could truly usher a downturn in Chelsea FC?

It's a good comparison to make which is why I believe he isn't leaving any time soon. I'm 100% sure the club's prioritising to become self sufficient so we don't have to rely on Abramovich for operation costs. Just transfers..

That's what I mean, its our responsibility to let him know when he's wrong. Obviously he has a bunch of yes men surrounding him, but banners in the stadium, songs that tell him when he's wrong, good old fashioned protests etc... those are always available to us and its our choice whether or not we use those. If he thinks we love his decisions he'll continue down that path. Once again, he signs the cheques but its up to us as far as what our club is and what it stands for.

Roman has never said anything anyway!!

Why should he? He's not in PR! He shouldn't have to break his silence when he knows everything he says will over analysed & twisted by others. I prefer him a quiet man.

And how do we know it's even his sole decision? I'm sure he's got a board of directors who sign off on this kind of stuff. It's not fair to lay sole blame on our owner. Gourlay & Buck must take their criticisms too.

I am not laying all the blame at his door ...but the fans deserve to be better informed ...At least Kenyon

told us things

Edited by zolayes

Escobar had nothing to do with Colômbia NT succes.

Guest justin_3d

It's a good comparison to make which is why I believe he isn't leaving any time soon. I'm 100% sure the club's prioritising to become self sufficient so we don't have to rely on Abramovich for operation costs. Just transfers..

And tell me how we are doing that with a 70 million loss, then add 75 million for players paid in January, plus wages and compensation packet for Carlo, and then pay for new coach and players?

Doesn't seems like that to me, but a continue reliance of Romans money.

So if you have something to say into how our club is prioritizing that, i want to hear. Right now I'm all ears. 105.gif

Guest justin_3d

Escobar had nothing to do with Colômbia NT succes.

Of course he did.

You should watch the two escobars. Explaing everything how Colombia got their rise from all the cartels money, to the collapse that became after Escobar death.

I am not laying all the blame at his door ...but the fans deserve to be better informed ...At least Kenyon

told us things

I agree with that.

And tell me how we are doing that with a 70 million loss, then add 75 million for players paid in January, plus wages and compensation packet for Carlo, and then pay for new coach and players?

Doesn't seems like that to me, but a continue reliance of Romans money.

LOL touché. Okay so maybe I'm just being delusion.. But I certainly hope so.

Could be worse, our investors could be David Gold and David Sullivan.

Haha or the previous Liverpool owners, Hicks and Gillet lol. And come on, this is the same Roman that came to watch our youth team play, how many owners do that? the man loves the club for sure and is only doing what he thinks will make us better.

LDN Blue thanks so much, I was feeling very down today. Personal problems and Ancelotti but this post cheered me right up. Heck if you can do this to the players why not try to apply for manager yourself haha!.

I am so pissed off about the sacking of Ancelotti.I am grateful to Roman for everything but just because hes put all the money into the club does not mean that I have to agree with every decision he makes. That being said, I don't think he deserves abuse over it but fans are allowed to have opinions! He's a legend and I'll still stand by him but if I don't agree with something that he or the board has done then I have the right to say it without being lectured on what he has brought to the club! The amount of people giving out to me for being pissed off over Ancelotti's sacking is unreal.