Roman Abramovich Thread

This whole period of trouble has made me realise just how distant Roman actually is. He's insulated from any scrutiny or questioning by his cadre of confidantes, a group who have increasingly looked inept and out of their depth.

As fans, we have no lines of dialogue with the man,no way of holding him to account or even expressing our displeasure beyond what we chant at matches. We're absolutely beholden to a dictatorial owner. Don't know if this is a question or a topic starter, just an expression of my fear and sense of utter ineffectiveness as a supporter of this club.

I think there's a good chance we get relegated and I'm starting to think that might be the only thing that forces him to change his ways.

We're a joke of a club right now.

He also almost fucked up that 1st Chelsea team as well with the irrational and irresponsible sacking of Carlo Ancelotti.

Carlo gave him the entertaining Chelsea he wanted. He made us well liked. Instead of simply just backing the man in the window to breath life to an ageing squad.

He should thank god Didier , Petr and the other lads saved his ass and won him the Champions league.

The decision making process at this club is so elementary and backwards. It's sad, really. And what makes it sad is that it be so much better.

But, hey, it's not my money. Though it's my fucking club, and that's what pisses me right off!

I love the guy, but seriously, something has to change at boardroom level. Those who voted for Mourinho to come back and manage this "new Chelsea" , all of them need to be fired, and I mean that. Including that Russian woman he got from god knows fuck where.

On 12/28/2015 at 7:50 PM, MrExcalibur100 said:

I love the guy, but seriously, something has to change at boardroom level. Those who voted for Mourinho to come back and manage this "new Chelsea" , all of them need to be fired, and I mean that. Including that Russian woman he got from god knows fuck where.

I very much agree and I do wonder what's actually going on at the club now. Football economics are by no means simple but both United and City have spent more money (NET) in just one season (City last summer and United the summer before) than we've spent over the last three seasons put together. This last summer we spent just £8 million (NET) more than Crystal Palace did.

I honestly don't know what to think of the guy anymore. Yes there's the great work with the new stadium and maybe he's been distracted but there's still a sour taste from when he tried to rig the CPO vote last time. I don't know if I trust the man or his vision going forward.

39 minutes ago, Ossie the King said:

I very much agree and I do wonder what's actually going on at the club now. Football economics are by no means simple but both United and City have spent more money (NET) in just one season (City last summer and United the summer before) than we've spent over the last three seasons put together. This last summer we spent just £8 million (NET) more than Crystal Palace did.

I honestly don't know what to think of the guy anymore. Yes there's the great work with the new stadium and maybe he's been distracted but there's still a sour taste from when he tried to rig the CPO vote last time. I don't know if I trust the man or his vision going forward.

We spend 8 mill less that CP because we sold allot, but we spend like 450 millions in 5 years time, only city spend more. We get money from loans and tons of players sold, thats why we have good +--/. Comparing net and money spend is bad idea, because some clubs spens alot (MU, City) but doesn't sell.

Roman got his vision which is Chelsea playing some attacking football, and youth comming through. He destroyed everything when he hired Mourinho, he did because he failed with Pep who is his manager. Roman always wanted Chelsea to play some attacking football, club brought sooooooo many youn, attacking player wich few of them are Lukaku, KDB, Hazard, Oscar, Bertrand and so on.But when he hired Mou he destroyed every Roman dream, we just payed for title with our future.

I hope that our new manager gonna be Pep, he always plays some crazy looking football, plays tons of youth, and is every football player dream to play for him. Just look at Douglas Costa who went to Bayern only to play for Pep.

2 minutes ago, Fernando said:

United, he will go to United if they want him. Which more then likely it will be with van Gaal leaving at the end of the season or so. 

I think he'll rather go to City. Will work with his ex-compatriots and will have tons of funds available. Futhermore the City team is more suited to his playstyle with Silva, Aguero etc. Utd will be more of a challenge though. Would have to rehaul nearly the complete squad.

1 hour ago, Toli said:

I think he'll rather go to City. Will work with his ex-compatriots and will have tons of funds available. Futhermore the City team is more suited to his playstyle with Silva, Aguero etc. Utd will be more of a challenge though. Would have to rehaul nearly the complete squad.

Over United?

I don't think so. United has the biggest money coming in then any other club, he will have all the funds he wants at United.

But his ex-compatriots might be a good reason as you mentioned.

13 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Over United?

I don't think so. United has the biggest money coming in then any other club, he will have all the funds he wants at United.

But his ex-compatriots might be a good reason as you mentioned.

United are still beholden to the Glazers and although their commercial strength means they have deep pockets, City still can (and do) outspend them.

Both seem to have a greater willingness to spend than us, although maybe that changes if Roman gets the new driver he wants for his toy train.

9 minutes ago, Ossie the King said:

United are still beholden to the Glazers and although their commercial strength means they have deep pockets, City still can (and do) outspend them.

Both seem to have a greater willingness to spend than us, although maybe that changes if Roman gets the new driver he wants for his toy train.

I think our unwillingness to spend was more to see what this whole FFP was all about.

Would it be taken serious or buckled under pressure?'

And we saw how they had to change the rules, so I do suspect we will start spending again without placing too much of an emphasis on selling first.

Pep is going to sign for City, that's for sure. He will find there a lot of people that he knows and that club just suits him better. Why would he come here? 

unlike Man City Abramovich is the owner and accessible to the manager and players loves the game especially Peps style, loyal till you fail him and for Peps Family Manchester is not London. Pep lived in Barcelona, New York and Munich the wife craves London.

• 1 month later...

Roman Abramovich knows the current squad will need new additions in this summer after their disastrous title defence. [Mail]

#Chelsea are prepared to sell one top player this summer to supplement what is likely to be a hefty war-chest for their next manager. [Mail]

Hazard is one of the players #Chelsea would consider sacrificing. Courtois and Oscar could also be available for the right price. [Mail]

Roman Abramovich knows the current squad will need new additions in this summer after their disastrous title defence. [Mail]

#Chelsea are prepared to sell one top player this summer to supplement what is likely to be a hefty war-chest for their next manager. [Mail]

Hazard is one of the players #Chelsea would consider sacrificing. Courtois and Oscar could also be available for the right price. [Mail]

Aaaah please be Oscar!