Roman Abramovich Thread

The match going support could see things on the pitch which are not so evident with watching on the screen. Showing a lack of effort, not trying their best etc is one of them.

Ok...so what if a player didnt like Mourinho or his tactics.....their lack of effort was in effect mugging us as paying supporters off.

We tried our best by singing songs about virtually every player past and present, being loud on away games when oppo fans were taking the piss etc etc and yet these prima donnas were throwing it back in our faces just because their head coach was questioning them.

Forget about tactics, formations and all that bollix that the fifa 16 coaches on here run their gobs off about....this is down to pure effort and the basics need to be sorted before anything else

Just as I say you've been spot on in another thread, you go and be spot on in this one.

We can as a support be quiet, and I had to explain to a West Ham supporting mate that it's not just because a lot of the more vocal fans have been priced out of attending but because there's a weight of expectation and tension during matches. We almost expect a goal and when it doesn't come we get nervous.

What's been brilliant is that the adversity we've faced has made us a lot more vocal (not always positive mind) and brought back a bit of that old-school spirit. Jose became the focal point for the support, and a lot of the players received the frustration because they've failed to do the basics right. Costa in particular has been atrocious and his shit movement has been a huge factor in us not scoring more goals.

But the club can't replace the players like they need to now so it's just easier to replace the coach. That's what people mean when they talk about player power. It's not a conspiracy to get Jose sacked, but their sheer weight of numbers mean it's easier to change the coach and hope things improve rather than do what they should've done in the summer and improve the squad.

Roman and the board's inept actions then have led to us having to sack a world class coach now.

Importantly the momentum with the media was instrumental in getting rid as well. Loads of cyber fans views shaped by Sky, EPSN etc The media were fed and baying for the sack-subtely- even editing transcripts from former players to fit the agenda. I suppose its work for them in their football/soap opera hybrid.

Mourinho camp and the club will use the media now, a lot of shit will come out later rather than sooner though, when both have their employment vacancies filled.

12366317_911797908897073_363118185889390

I don't think there has been an English club with more trophies in the last 13 season, or am I wrong? So him changing the managers has actually brought us a lot.

Or he's won trophies IN SPITE of changing managers many times?

Maybe Roman just has the level of success you'd expect of anyone spending the amount of money he did regardless of their footballing acumen.

After 13 seasons he's got a club who have no idea what they want to be on the pitch and he's surrounded himself with yes-men who will keep it that way whilst alienating the hardcore support on two separate occasions.

And in Manchester you have another team in blue who know exactly what they want to be, exactly who they want in charge, have two great footballing people actually running the club and an owner who spent THREE TIMES AS MUCH AS US NET in the summer.

We're a husk of a club at the moment.

And in Manchester you have another team in blue who know exactly what they want to be, exactly who they want in charge, have two great footballing people actually running the club and an owner who spent THREE TIMES AS MUCH AS US NET in the summer.

We're a husk of a club at the moment.

Isn't our owner buying us a new stadium surely an indication he is a football man?

I don't mean to use that to excuse every decision he's ever made. But on a level you talk about, 'exactly what they want to be', well getting a 60,000 stadium is a step in the right direction.

Isn't our owner buying us a new stadium surely an indication he is a football man?

I don't mean to use that to excuse every decision he's ever made. But on a level you talk about, 'exactly what they want to be', well getting a 60,000 stadium is a step in the right direction.

Building a new stadium makes long-term financial success. It's also a massive gesture but don't forget what happened in 2011 when he tried to rig the vote.

I'm very certain that the man loves football but he's not the second coming of Matthew Harding. We were lucky that he chose us (in a sense) and we are fortunate to have an owner so willing to invest in us but that hasn't come without us losing some things.

He's shown on more than one occasion to either have no idea what the hardcore support of this club thinks or to simply not care, but that's his right. We're simply customers of a business and we mean nothing in the grand scheme of things because of the increased TV revenues.

Not to sound too much like an old man but football has changed a lot and not always for the better.

Building a new stadium makes long-term financial success. It's also a massive gesture but don't forget what happened in 2011 when he tried to rig the vote.

I'm very certain that the man loves football but he's not the second coming of Matthew Harding. We were lucky that he chose us (in a sense) and we are fortunate to have an owner so willing to invest in us but that hasn't come without us losing some things.

He's shown on more than one occasion to either have no idea what the hardcore support of this club thinks or to simply not care, but that's his right. We're simply customers of a business and we mean nothing in the grand scheme of things because of the increased TV revenues.

Not to sound too much like an old man but football has changed a lot and not always for the better.

Basically this.

Some people are stuck in the past and don't want to evolve.

Times have change and won't be the same.

Basically this.

Some people are stuck in the past and don't want to evolve.

Times have change and won't be the same.

Maybe I'm stuck in the past, getting the train into London, seeing those first flickers of blue at the station, having a chat with some bloke I've never met before but have known all my life, getting a song going on the tube, packing onto a train at Earl's Court and hopping off at West Brompton, having a sing in the Lily, wandering along to Brogans and sweating my bollocks off for a pint and then doing what I've done for almost 30 years, what my dad and uncle did, what their dad did and singing whether we win or lose.

Maybe I should just evolve. :D

But that sounds like shit.

Maybe I'm stuck in the past, getting the train into London, seeing those first flickers of blue at the station, having a chat with some bloke I've never met before but have known all my life, getting a song going on the tube, packing onto a train at Earl's Court and hopping off at West Brompton, having a sing in the Lily, wandering along to Brogans and sweating my bollocks off for a pint and then doing what I've done for almost 30 years, what my dad and uncle did, what their dad did and singing whether we win or lose.

your profile says you are 32 ..

your profile says you are 32 ..

Your profile says you're 78 and you were a fan since 1975 which means you started supporting at the age of 38.

Is that any more believable than me being taken to a game whilst still an infant? Don't confuse the question mark as a sign that I'm excitedly awaiting a response to that. I believe we've both made all the points we need to make to one another. Best of luck to you but I've been advised to stick you on ignore and I think I'll be doing that. :yes:

Your profile says you're 78 and you were a fan since 1975 which means you started supporting at the age of 38.

Is that any more believable than me being taken to a game whilst still an infant? Don't confuse the question mark as a sign that I'm excitedly awaiting a response to that. I believe we've both made all the points we need to make to one another. Best of luck to you but I've been advised to stick you on ignore and I think I'll be doing that. :yes:

keep him alive..he is harmless and actually a 'good egg' once he gets to know you.

He is not bad for a Tottenham fan parading as aChelsea one on here

After 13 seasons he's got a club who have no idea what they want to be on the pitch and he's surrounded himself with yes-men who will keep it that way whilst alienating the hardcore support on two separate occasions.

Two separate occasions you mean two sackings of Jose ?

FFS, stop spouting this shit, I'm sorry but Roman is the one that brought Jose here for the first time, no Roman = no Jose, it was his idea and thanks to him we even had an opportunity to have this adventure with Jose. Be grateful.

the Lillee.....thats where you have gone wrong ..sticking to that manky carpet. Anyway, its getting turned into a gastro pub soon

Better in the PoW opposite....shame its closing down

Bet Roman or members of the board have never ventured up there pre match or wandered down to the Goose to see how the hardcore take in their pre match rituals.

Infact, I bet they are seething that we are spending our dosh there and not at theground

Two separate occasions you mean two sackings of Jose ?

FFS, stop spouting this shit, I'm sorry but Roman is the one that brought Jose here for the first time, no Roman = no Jose, it was his idea and thanks to him we even had an opportunity to have this adventure with Jose. Be grateful.

No I meant this sacking of Jose and the hiring of Rafa.

I'm grateful for the things I've got to experience over the last 10 years but supporting this club isn't just about that. I was just as excited when I found out we had signed Mark Hughes on Ceefax to be honest.

the Lillee.....thats where you have gone wrong ..sticking to that manky carpet. Anyway, its getting turned into a gastro pub soon

Better in the PoW opposite....shame its closing down

Bet Roman or members of the board have never ventured up there pre match or wandered down to the Goose to see how the hardcore take in their pre match rituals.

Infact, I bet they are seething that we are spending our dosh there and not at theground

:D

Funnily enough I took my uncle to one of his old haunts up near the Kings Rd before the PSG match last season and that was a gastro pub too. Happens to us all mate, our dingy places get turned into swanky bars that take 20 minutes to get served at. God we sound old.